3 Assisted Living Facilities in Chillicothe, MO
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chillicothe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chillicothe 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chillicothe, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chillicothe
As a recognized leader in community support, the city of Chillicothe is committed to improving the lives of seniors by investing in beautiful parks, entertainment venues and medical facilities. Chillicothe also has three assisted living communities where some of the 1,800 people aged 65 and over can get the daily assistance they need. Throughout Chillicothe and in all of Missouri, these facilities are officially known as assisted living facilities (ALF) and residential care facilities (RCF). They are licensed and regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chillicothe
- Chillicothe has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Operation Help, an organization that provides temporary financial assistance for seniors as well as Livingston County Senior Center.
- Chillicothe is a significantly cheaper place to live than many other areas of the U.S., making it an attractive spot for seniors looking for affordable assisted living. The overall cost of living is 20.3% lower than the national average of 100 and 2.7 index points lower than the Missouri average.
- Seniors in Chillicothe with a single filing status and an income less than $85,000 per year will owe no state taxes on their Social Security benefits. Income from public pensions, such as a teacher's retirement, can receive significant deductions. All other types of retirement income are subject to Missouri state tax.
- Chillicothe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hedrick Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Chillicothe has relatively low rates of crime which may make many seniors in the community feel safe. The violent crime rate is 6.1 points lower than the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 11 points lower than the Missouri average of 41.4.
- Seniors who don't mind rainfall and warm temperatures are likely to feel quite comfortable in Chillicothe. There is an average of 40 inches of rain per year and an average July high temperature of 88 degrees. The town also as an above-average 213 sunny days per year.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Chillicothe start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chillicothe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chillicothe
There's one Medicaid program in Mississippi available to residents of Chillicothe that need help paying for care: the Assisted Living (AL) waiver. Its purpose is to help seniors purchase services, including medication oversight and transportation, that allow them to live independently within assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chillicothe
Chillicothe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chillicothe, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chillicothe
Chillicothe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chillicothe
Review of Indian Hills - A StoneBridge Community
My brother and his wife are staying in Indian Hills - A StoneBridge Community. It seems alright to me. They have exercise, entertainment, and different things. I have seen people come and sing and ... Read more
Review of Indian Hills - A StoneBridge Community
My father-in-law was very satisfied with Indian Hills. It became a real home for him. He had made great friendships there. He had a room with his own furniture there. It wasn't spacious but it was ... Read more