4 Assisted Living Facilities near Lexington, MI
Also serving communities of Jeddo.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lexington area, with 3 in Lexington and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lexington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lexington 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lexington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lexington, MI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Lexington, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lexington
Michigan’s overall senior population is 16.7 percent and in Lexington about one person in three is a senior citizen. When older adults in Lexington need help with daily tasks, assisted living communities offer the support they need. The Department of Human Services regulates assisted living in Michigan, which includes homes for the aged and adult foster care. A home for the aged is for anyone over the age of 60, while an adult foster care home is for any adult requiring special care. The Lexington area has a total of six assisted living facilities, with three in Lexington itself and the other three in nearby areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lexington
- Lexington is located on the eastern side of Michigan’s Lower Penninsula, on the shore of Lake Huron, which contributes to its cold climate, which may be tough for seniors in the winter. The average low temperature in January is 15 degrees and the average high is 30 degrees. Lexington’s average temperatures range from 62 to 82 degrees in July.
- Lexington has a moderate cost of living, at 92 percent of the national average. Housing is especially low at 66 percent of the national average, but healthcare is 14 percent above the national average, which can be tough for seniors on a fixed income. Transportation is also more expensive, at six percent above the national average.
- Lexington has a low overall crime rate and is safer than about 80 percent of all cities in the United States, so seniors can breathe easier while running errands. The annual rate of violent crime is particularly low in Lexington, at 0.9 per thousand people. The annual rate of violent crime in Michigan is 4.59 per thousand people and 4.0 in the United States in comparison.
- The Sanilac Transportation Authority provides public transportation within Sanilac County, including Lexington. All of these buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts to provide access for the mobility impaired. Certified service animals are also allowed on STA buses.
- The Sanilac County Building Ties Committee meets the needs of older adults in the county by establishing interagency linkages and developing joint programs. Some of the most popular programs include the Senior County Fair, Senior Prom and Senior Writing Project. This committee also provides a comprehensive list of services available for senior citizens in Sanilac County.
- Lexington has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Port Huron.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lexington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Lexington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lexington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lexington
Michigan’s Medicaid State Plan provides a range of personal care services for senior citizens, including homes for the aged. This state also provides recipients of supplemental security income with an optional state supplement that places a cap on room and board charges, provided they reside in a home for the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lexington
Lexington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lexington, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lexington
Lexington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lexington, MI
Other Options in Lexington, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lexington
Review of New Life
My mom is at New Life. They have a limited amount of residents; four other ladies live in the house that she is in. They are very well cared for. They are bathed and fed three meals a day. Overall,... Read more
Review of Judy's Place
Judy's Place is highly recommended. Judy, who actually owned the place, passed away a couple of months ago suddenly and her husband is taking over. I don’t know the situation but I know when Judy h... Read more
Review of Watson Manor Adult Foster Care Home
We love C&C Adult Foster Care. It’s very nice. It’s a small facility, about seven at a time. They got an individual bedroom for each. They get the meals round the clock. It’s not medical care b... Read more