4 Assisted Living Facilities near Burr Oak, MI
Also serving communities of Leonidas, Leonidas.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burr Oak area, with 2 in Burr Oak and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Burr Oak. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burr Oak 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kendallville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burr Oak, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Burr Oak, MI
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Burr Oak, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burr Oak
Burr Oak, located in southeast Michigan about 20 miles southwest of Cold Water, has a quaint downtown district featuring architectural styles from the late 1800s. Seniors, who make up more than 12% of the city’s population, can relive the nostalgia from their younger days as they tour through the city.
Burr Oak has two assisted living facilities to accommodate seniors who may need help with bathing, dressing and eating, and there are also two additional facilities in the nearby neighborhood of Sturgis. In Burr Oak and throughout the entire state, the homes are officially recognized by the Department of Human Services as homes for the aged and adult foster care
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burr Oak
- Seniors in Burr Oak are not taxed on their Social Security benefits thanks to Michigan’s tax policies, which may leave more money to put toward facility costs.
- Burr Oak has a cost of living of 84.4, which is lower than both the state and national averages. Seniors here can expect to pay less for groceries, healthcare and transportation than they would nationwide.
- The Burr Oak area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sturgis.
- Seniors and their families can rest assured that Burr Oak is a safe community for retirement. The city’s violent crime rate is half of the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is ten points lower than the U.S. median of 35.4.
- Those seniors with breathing problems may be happy to know that Burr Oak has good air quality. The city has an air quality rating of 82, about 24 points higher than the U.S. average of 58.
- The summer months of June, July and August are the most comfortable months in Burr Oak where highs reach 93 degrees. In contrast, December and January are the least comfortable months with lows dipping down to a chilly 16 degrees. Yearly rainfall of 38 inches is right on par with the national norm. The city, however, gets 37 inches of annual snowfall, about nine more inches than the national average, which could make it difficult for seniors who rely on walkers or wheelchairs to navigate the city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burr Oak
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Burr Oak start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burr Oak and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burr Oak
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burr Oak
Burr Oak and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burr Oak, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burr Oak
Burr Oak-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Burr Oak, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burr Oak
Review of Skaggs Assisted Living
My uncle is in Skaggs Assist Living and he's very happy. It was very clean and looks very comfortable. The people are friendly and warm. They made up a nice room for my uncle. They have very comfor... Read more