33 Assisted Living Facilities near Woburn, MA
With an average cost of $4,255 in Woburn, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 10 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 3 facilities in Woburn.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Woburn, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woburn
The City of Woburn makes a commitment to include people of all ages in city planning and other activities, and it makes accessibility for seniors and those with disabilities a priority. Woburn is home to two assisted living residences, which is the official term in Massachusetts for assisted living facilities. Another 30 assisted living facilities are located in nearby towns such as Burlington, Lynnfield and Waltham. At these facilities, aging adults receive room and board as well as personal care services that typically include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woburn
Weather in Woburn is frequently humid, both during winter and summer. Winters are moderate, though nor'easter storms and Arctic blasts can drop the temperature below zero from time to time, though seniors can enjoy outdoor activities much of the rest of the year.
- The Woburn area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lahey Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Woburn is home to the Anderson Regional Transportation Center, a transit hub that connects Woburn residents to Boston and Lowell by commuter rail, to the Boston and Manchester airports by bus service, and to Portland, ME, by Amtrak. Individuals age 65 and up can take advantage of reduced public transit fares with a Senior CharlieCard.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Woburn is 52.4 percent higher than the national average, which places it slightly below the cost of living in nearby Boston and makes it a good choice for seniors who want to stay in the area but need to save as much as possible.
- Woburn has an array of community resources for seniors, including Minuteman Senior Services, an organization that provides Meals on Wheels, health insurance counseling, money management classes and free legal services, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woburn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Woburn start around $5,033 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woburn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woburn
Eligible aging seniors who need some financial assistance to pay for assisted living may be able to get help from various government programs, including Group Adult Foster Care and Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), both of which are administered by Medicaid and Mass-Health.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woburn
Woburn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woburn, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woburn
Woburn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woburn, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woburn
Review of Brightview Country Club Heights
My mom is at Brightview Country Club Heights. The place, as expected, has nice accommodations. The common areas are pleasantly appointed, and my mom's apartment is very spacious. The staff is wond... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Woburn
I really like Benchmark Senior Living at Woburn a lot. Unfortunately it was in Covid lockdown, but we like it a lot. It seemed to be very nice. They had a really cute community center, a pub area, ... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Woburn
I chose Benchmark Senior Living at Woburn for my dad because I like the location; it's right off the highway. I like the people. They all seemed very friendly. I also like the whole activities sche... Read more