7 Assisted Living Facilities near Henderson, KY
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Henderson area, with 3 in Henderson and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 24 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Henderson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Henderson 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Evansville with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Henderson, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Henderson, KY
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Henderson, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Henderson
Henderson, located along the Ohio River, was the home of naturalist John James Audubon and blues musician W.C. Handy. The original town was surveyed and laid out by Daniel Boone (at the request of founder Richard Henderson) in the late 18th century. Seniors interested in living in this area have 15 assisted living facilities (ALFs) located in and around Henderson, Kentucky. They are regulated and licensed by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living to ensure residents age in place with dignity, respect and the care they need.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Henderson
- The Henderson, Kentucky area is home to world-class medical facilities including the Henderson Methodist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in northwestern Kentucky, Henderson is known for its hot, sometimes humid summers and mild, cool winters. The average high temperature in January is 42 degrees Fahrenheit and 87 degrees Fahrenheit in July, making Henderson a pleasant place to live for seniors.
- Henderson has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Housing Authority of Henderson, an organization that offers meals, wellness programs and transportation to seniors age 55 and older, as well as a senior center.
- The overall crime rate in Henderson is equal to the national average and has actually decreased slightly in recent years. This is quite good compared to many other Kentucky cities that are struggling with increasing crime.
- Henderson is located directly on U.S. 60, which connects the city to Evansville, Indiana to the north. The Henderson Area Rapid Transit (HART) provides regular, scheduled bus service within the city and between the city and other points in the county. Seniors (age 60 and older) ride for half fare.
- There are many fun and interesting things for seniors to see and do in and around Henderson. These include Audubon State Park, Ellis Park Race Course and USS LST Ship Memorial in nearby Evansville. Most of the events and attractions in and around Henderson offer some type of discount to seniors, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Henderson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Henderson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Henderson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Henderson
Eligible seniors who live in Henderson, Kentucky will find a number of government assistance programs to help them with the cost of assisted living. These include Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Henderson
Henderson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Henderson, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Henderson
Henderson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Henderson
Review of Colonial Assisted Living & Colonial Court Independent Living
Colonial Senior Living is very nice and new. It has been open for two years now. The staff members are most accommodating and very kind. The food is magnificent. It is home-cooking; it is excellent... Read more
Review of Colonial Assisted Living & Independent Living
Colonial Assisted Living and Independent Living was much older. It was very nice, but it was not as new. The staff who accommodated me was very knowledgeable and very kind. The dining area looked n... Read more
Review of Colonial Assisted Living & Independent Living
Colonial Assisted Living is in my hometown, that's number one and he knows people out there, that's number two. I think the level of care is really good so that's what we like. We'd eaten there and... Read more