7 Assisted Living Facilities near Newburgh, IN
Also serving communities of Boonville.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Newburgh area, with 4 in Newburgh and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Newburgh is $3,155 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Newburgh. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Newburgh 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Owensboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Newburgh, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Newburgh, IN
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Newburgh, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Newburgh
Newburgh is a small town of about 3,300 residents in Warrick County, Indiana, that lies along the Ohio River. Its charming downtown Main Street area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The county is home to a sizeable senior population, with nearly 17% of its residents are aged 65 and older. To care for seniors who want to remain independent but need help with grooming, dressing, meals and housekeeping, Newburgh offers four assisted living facilities. Nearby Evansville provides two additional communities, giving seniors a variety of choices.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Division of Long-Term Care oversees the licensing and regulation of assisted living communities in Newburgh and the entire state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Newburgh
- Air quality in Newburgh, as in all of Warrick County, scores an F for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. This may be an important consideration for seniors with lung or heart conditions.
- Although the overall cost of living in Newburgh is just 5% lower than the national average, seniors here pay 20% less than the national average for healthcare and about 11% less for groceries and transportation.
- The Newburgh area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Deaconess Gateway Hospital and The Heart Hospital at Deaconess, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Summers are hot and humid in Newburgh, which can be uncomfortable for active seniors who love outdoor adventures. The average high in July is 88 degrees. The town gets about 45 inches of rain and 11 inches of snow every year. January’s winter low averages 25 degrees.
- Family members with loved ones in assisted living here appreciate that crime rates in Newburgh are lower than the national average, and significantly so for violent crime. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being high violent crime, Newburgh rates an 11, half the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime is a bit lower at 32.3 when compared to the national average of 35.4.
- The Newburgh area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Center built by the Town of Newburgh in 2004. In addition to bingo, cards and live entertainment, seniors enjoy computer and internet access, and education, health and fitness activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Newburgh
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Newburgh start around $3,155 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Newburgh and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Newburgh
To help Medicaid-eligible seniors in Newburgh pay for assisted living, Indiana offers the Aged and Disabled Waiver and a state-funded Supplemental SSI program. The amount of money seniors are eligible for depends on the total they are already receiving from their SSI payments and any other income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Newburgh
Newburgh and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Newburgh, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Newburgh
Newburgh-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Newburgh
Review of Primrose Retirement Community of Newburgh
I toured Primrose Retirement Community of Newburgh, which seemed like a very nice community. I actually had a security deposit put down there. But for reasons I don't understand, the nurse rejected... Read more
Review of Bell Oaks Place
I have visited Bell Oaks Place. They were very professional and seemed to have nice facilities. I have visited five communities and I would rate this one in the middle. The staff who accommodated m... Read more
Review of Primrose Retirement Community of Newburgh
I am going to Primrose Retirement Community of Newburgh, IN. I will be in a one-bedroom apartment and it's all light, bright, and cheery and has not been lived in. The place is very quiet. They hav... Read more