Evansville is a city in Indiana that’s home to an estimated 117,979 people, of whom 16.1% are aged 65 and over. According to Kiplinger, it’s the best place to retire in the state and among the top 50 best places to retire nationwide. Seniors who live here can appreciate a cost of living that’s 6.4% below the national average and easy access to major hospitals, including Deaconess Hospital, which is ranked second in the state by U.S. News & World Report.

Another attraction is Evansville’s numerous nursing homes, which specialize in providing 24-hour care that includes medical assistance and help with daily tasks, such as personal care. According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey, a semiprivate room in a nursing home costs, on average, $7,300 per month. This is above the state average of $7,133 but below the national average of $7,756. There are other forms of care that may be more suitable for some seniors, such as assisted living and home health care.

This guide focuses on costs for different types of care in Evansville and lists some free resources that can help seniors and their caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Evansville, IN

Solarbron Assisted Living

1701 MCDOWELL ROAD, Evansville, IN, 47712

Located in the woods of Evansville, Indiana, Solarbron Assisted Living is an assisted living community that is praised for being clean and orderly. Family members love that the facility is located in … (read more)

Heritage Center

1201 W BUENA VISTA RD, Evansville, IN, 47710

I went to Heritage Center for a friend, and the place is very nice. The facility is up-to-date and modern. The people are all clean and nice too. They have nurses, and everybody is very helpful. Their … (read more)

Park Terrace Village

25 S. Boehne Camp Rd., Evansville, IN, 47712

When my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was in need of help with her personal care. I went to visit her at Westpark when she first moved in and she was in such horrible denial and so depres … (read more)

NORTH RIVER HEALTH CAMPUS

811 E BASELINE ROAD, Evansville, IN, 47725

My parents are in North River Health Campus. I love it, I think it’s a nice facility, and I think they’re very caring. They’ve been very helpful, and very patient with me, so they’ve been great. My pa … (read more)

Evansville Protestant Home

3701 WASHINGTON AVENUE, Evansville, IN, 47714

My mother is in Evansville Protestant Home nursing home and our experience has been great. We chose this place because of the proximity and recommendation from the hospital. The staff is very friendly … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Brentwood

30 E Chandler Avenue, Evansville, IN, 47713

The Brentwood folks were very helpful to our family and treated my Dad very good! They were not our original choice when looking for somewhere to care for him, but in the end they were the best choic … (read more)

Bethel Manor

6015 Kratzville Road, Evansville, IN, 47710

My father stayed at this facility in the long term care facility. Terrible Nursing staff. The administrator never introduced himself to my father. He never introduced himself to me and my family. He … (read more)

Parkview Care Center

2819 N ST Joseph Ave, Evansville, IN, 47720

Nestled in quaint Evansville, Indiana, Parkview Care Center provides assisted living for seniors. Families of the residents say they enjoy the attention their loved ones receive from the caring and co … (read more)

River Pointe Health Campus

3001 Galaxy Dr, Evansville, IN, 47715

River Pointe Health Campus is an assisted living center dedicated to convenience, privacy and comfort. The facility is located on the northeast side of Evansville, Indiana, close to shopping areas and … (read more)

North Park Nursing Center

650 Fairway Dr., Evansville, IN, 47710

The facility smells like urine when you enter and through the corridors. No fresh air is available because they have the windows screwed shut and by law they should be providing fresh air. They are … (read more)

Braun’s Nursing Home LLC

909 First Ave, Evansville, IN, 47710

Family business all they care about is money resident have to pay for snacks and rent. There seniors they love snacks, long wait to rest room my love one had a big rash and sores on buttom I can go. T … (read more)

Columbia Healthcare Center

621 W. Columbia St., Evansville, IN, 47710

I was able to visit Columbia Healthcare Center, and it is an ordinary facility. It is located in a nice area, but it is just mediocre.

River Bend Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

3400 STOCKER DR, Evansville, IN, 47720

I’m very upset . This place smells so bad I couldn’t stay to visit long . It’s heartbreaking the people that have to live there has to live with that unclean nasty smell. And be in rooms so small with … (read more)

Good Samaritan Home

601 N BOEKE RD, Evansville, IN, 47711

This place is falling apart! The staff used to be half way decent but now it’s absolutely disappointing. We moved our family member out of there before things got worse. I actually know about the ot … (read more)

St Johns Home For the Aged

1236 LINCOLN AVENUE, Evansville, IN, 47714

Golden Livingcenter – Woodbridge

816 N FIRST AVE, Evansville, IN, 47710

West River Health Campus

714 S Eickhoff Rd, Evansville, IN, 47712

Village at Hamilton Pointe

3800 Eli Place, Newburgh, IN, 47630

Village at Hamilton Pointe is located next to the river in the town of Newburgh, Indiana and is just minutes away from the popular downtown shopping area. Residents note the range of activities such a … (read more)

Cypress Grove Rehabilitation Center

4255 Medwell Dr., Newburgh, IN, 47630

The staff is the best I have seen. The place doesn’t smell. The staff went above and beyond to help with my parents and to assure they got what was needed

Redbanks

851 KIMSEY LANE, Henderson, KY, 42420

Redbanks is located in Henderson, Kentucky, next to the junction of Routes 41 and 60, Eastgate Shopping Center and John James Audubon State Park. Visitors and residents regularly praise Redbanks’ dail … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Evansville, Indiana

The average monthly cost of a nursing home semiprivate room in Evansville is $7,300. Seniors in private rooms typically pay $8,152.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using the average costs of nursing home semiprivate rooms as a guide, it’s easy to see that Evansville’s seniors enjoy some of the most favorable fees in the region, despite paying $167 per month more than the state average. When compared to their peers across the country, Evansville seniors can expect to pay $456 less per month for nursing home care.

Only 45 minutes over the border in Owensboro, Kentucky, fees leap to $7,787 per month. Louisville is more affordable at $7,148. Back in Indiana, Bloomington’s costs mirror Louisville, while seniors in Terre Haute have the lowest fees at $6,464.

$7300

Owensboro, KY

$7148

Louisville, KY

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

When considering moving a loved one into a nursing facility, it’s best to compare services and costs for other types of long-term care, as well. Homebound seniors can expect to pay in the region of $4,004 monthly for home care and $4,195 for home health care. If they can attend an adult day care center, fees typically drop to around $1,192. Assisted living is the most affordable form of care that includes accommodation at $4,455, while nursing homes are the most costly. A semiprivate room is approximately $7,300, and a private room $8,152.

$4004

Adult day health care

$4455

Assisted living

$7300

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8152

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Evansville, Indiana

Free Resources for Seniors in Evansville, Indiana

The resources below are examples of some of the help seniors and their families can request to get assistance with home and nursing care in and around Evansville.

ResourceContactService
Long-Term Care Ombudsman(812) 423-2927The Long-term Care Ombudsman office protects seniors residing in nursing homes and other care facilities throughout Indiana. Its work includes ensuring facilities operate to at least the minimum standards and investigating complaints made by residents, their families and third parties. It also holds information about facilities that families can access for free when comparing nursing homes for their loved ones.
State Health Insurance Information Program (SHIP)(866) 400-0779Counselors from SHIP help Medicare beneficiaries get the most from their plans and learn more about supplementary coverage that may suit their circumstances. Although the counselors can discuss private health insurance plans, their advice is unbiased. Additional services include helping seniors enroll in Medicare and supporting those who need to make appeals.
Meals on Wheels of Evansville(812) 476-6521Meals on Wheels of Evansville serves homebound people in the city who are unable to prepare their own meals. Those who can afford to pay a nominal fee for volunteers to deliver hot meals every day. These meals are prepared at local hospitals under the supervision of registered dieticians. Food is delivered on weekdays but not during holidays or when the weather makes driving hazardous for the volunteers.