3 Assisted Living Facilities in Vincennes, IN
Also serving communities of Princeton.
The average cost of assisted living in Vincennes is $3,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Petersburg with an average starting cost of $3,060.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vincennes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vincennes 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vincennes, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vincennes
Vincennes, which was founded in 1732, is the oldest city in Indiana and originally served as a French fur trading post. Today, this city is home to more than 18,000 people and has a senior population that accounts for over 15% of its residents.
Vincennes has three assisted living facilities for local seniors to choose from. These facilities, like all assisted living facilities throughout the state, are officially referred to as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). They are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vincennes
- The air quality in Vincennes is fair, with Knox County receiving a "C" for ozone pollution levels from the American Lung Association. This type of pollution is commonly known as smog and poses a health hazard to those with conditions such as asthma and heart disease.
- While Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level, Vincennes seniors do pay state income tax on all other types of retirement income, including pension income and withdrawals from retirement accounts. This may impact how much money can be put toward assisted living expenses.
- The Vincennes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Good Samaritan Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vincennes has an array of community resources for seniors, including Generations, the local Area 13 Agency on Aging & Disability organization that provides seniors with case management services, meal delivery and options counseling, as well as one senior center.
- While the combined property and violent crime rate in Vincennes is higher than the U.S. average, the majority of the crime that takes place in this city is property-related. Seniors may want to ensure that the assisted living facility they select uses security equipment such as alarm systems and surveillance cameras.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vincennes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Vincennes start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vincennes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vincennes
Low-income seniors in Vincennes may qualify for state-funded health insurance and financial assistance with assisted living through one of Indiana's state-funded programs, including Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program, and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vincennes
Vincennes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vincennes, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vincennes
Vincennes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vincennes
Review of Fox Ridge Manor
I’ve been to Fox Ridge Manor, and it is within walking distance to a nursing home facility. Their apartments are beautiful, very neat, and very well kept. They offer a 1-bedroom, a 2-bedroom, and a... Read more
Review of Colonial Assisted Living
Colonial is just a beautiful place. It is beautiful on the outside and the inside, and the rooms are really lovely. A friend of mine is there. My friend is very picky, I know how she is, and she sa... Read more
Review of Fox Ridge Manor
I thought Fox Ridge Manor is the best in terms of general atmosphere. It was in a country setting which was nice. I thought the staff was friendly, and the whole setup was more home-like and less i... Read more