6 Assisted Living Facilities near Bourbonnais, IL
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bourbonnais area, with 2 in Bourbonnais and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bourbonnais is $3,834 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bourbonnais. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bourbonnais 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kankakee with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bourbonnais, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Bourbonnais, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bourbonnais
Known as “The Village of Friendship,” Bourbonnais is a welcoming home to nearly 19,000 people of diverse cultures and faiths—about 13 percent are age 65 and older. It has plenty to offer seniors searching for assisted living options, including proximity to Chicago and Champaign, and the treasured natural landscapes of Kankakee River State Park.
For seniors needing some support with personal care and medication management, there are two assisted living communities in Bourbonnais, with an additional 30 in surrounding towns. In Bourbonnais, and all of Illinois, assisted living facilities are overseen by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bourbonnais
- Bourbonnais experiences all four seasons, with weather conditions ranging from pleasantly mild to extremely humid to bitter cold. The comfort index particularly declines in winter, with average lows in the teens and snow accumulating an average of 25 inches per year. Activities for seniors may be limited to the indoors during the winter months.
- The cost of living in Bourbonnais is 6 percent lower than the national average, making it one of the more affordable metropolitan areas with proximity to Chicago.
River Valley Metro provides bus service throughout Bourbonnais and Kankakee County with stops at Northfield Square Mall, the University Park Metra station and other prime locations. Seniors enjoy reduced fares, and those enrolled in the Illinois Benefit Access Program may also apply for a Ride Free Permit.
- The village of Bourbonnais offers plenty of arts, culture, and recreation for seniors to enjoy. Olivet Nazarene University presents theater and concert productions throughout the year and also hosts summer training camp for the Chicago Bears. For outdoor enthusiasts, Kankakee River State Park and Perry Farm Park provide access to the riverfront, natural prairies, Indian caves, fruit tree orchards and woods.
- The Bourbonnais area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Presence St. Mary’s Hospital and Riverside Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bourbonnais has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bourbonnais Township Park District, which offers health clinics, tai chi, book clubs, crafts, games, holiday parties, learning opportunities and more through its age 55+ Programs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bourbonnais
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bourbonnais start around $3,834 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bourbonnais and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bourbonnais
In Illinois, the HCBS Medicaid Waiver for Supportive Living Facilities helps pay for services in some assisted living communities, but it does not pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bourbonnais
Bourbonnais and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bourbonnais, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bourbonnais
Bourbonnais-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bourbonnais
Review of Bickford of Bourbonnais
Bickford of Bourbonnais seemed very nice and very expensive. They had activities going on. It was a two-story, so there was an elevator for the seniors to use to go up and down; they did not have t... Read more
Review of Bickford of Bourbonnais
Bickford of Bourbonnais was very nice. There’s a garden area where the residents could take a little section to plant things like tomatoes and flowers. The rooms were clean, and the staff was nice. Read more
Review of Riverside Senior Life at Bourbonnais
We chose Riverside for my mother because it is the only place that was built and designed by a hospital, so they have the full continuum of care. They have a very different approach to their care. ... Read more