9 Assisted Living Facilities in Idaho Falls, ID
Also serving communities of Shelley.
The average cost of assisted living in Idaho Falls is $3,145 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Rigby with an average starting cost of $2,895.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Idaho Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Idaho Falls 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rigby with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Idaho Falls find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Idaho Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Idaho Falls
Idaho Falls, Idaho, has many attractions seniors may want to explore with friends from their assisted living communities, such as Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Parks, the Craters of the Moon National Monument, or Henry's Fork of the Snake River. There are 10 assisted living facilities in and around Idaho Falls, Idaho, all are regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Idaho Falls
- The Area Agency on Aging of Eastern Idaho provides meals and other services to Idaho Falls residents age 60 and older. There is also a senior center in Idaho Falls for recreation and socialization.
- It's easy to get around Idaho Falls. In addition to the city being located right off of I-15, Targhee Regional Public Transportation Authority provides regular, scheduled public bus service within Idaho Falls and between Idaho Falls and other points in Bonneville County. The Idaho Council on Aging also provides limited transportation services to low-income seniors.
- The Idaho Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in east-central Idaho, Idaho Falls is known for its hot, steamy summers and cold, snowy winters, which can be uncomfortable for many older persons. The average high temperature in January is 28 degrees Fahrenheit and 86 degrees in July.
- The Idaho Falls, Idaho area offers a number of recreational opportunities, cultural events and museums. These include the Museum of Idaho, the Art Museum of Eastern Idaho, the Japanese Friendship Garden and, of course, Idaho Falls. The majority of Idaho Falls attractions and events offer senior discounts.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Idaho Falls, as it is in many other parts of Idaho. While the city's crime rate has decreased by nine percent in the last year, Idaho Falls is still safer than just 28 percent of American cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Idaho Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Idaho Falls start around $3,206 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Idaho Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Idaho Falls
There are a number of federal programs that provide financial assistance for eligible seniors living in Idaho Falls to help them pay for an assisted living facility. These include the Idaho Medicaid Waiver Program and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Idaho Falls
Idaho Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Idaho Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Idaho Falls
Idaho Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Idaho Falls, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Idaho Falls
Review of The Gables of Ammon
My mother is at The Gables of Ammon. Her room is nice and laid out decent. It's not too big and not too small. The staff is awesome, very attentive, and they take really good care of her. The food ... Read more
Review of Lincoln Court
I love living at lincoln court. I have been here for 1 year and was the best decision i ever made. The staff is so caring and really care about each and everyone of us. The wii bowling is my favori... Read more
Review of Fairwinds - Sand Creek
We visited Fairwinds Sand Creek and it was very nice. They have nice apartments that are more updated. The biggest problem was that the medical staff wasn't there at night; they're only there durin... Read more