4 Assisted Living Facilities in Burley, ID
The average cost of assisted living in Burley is $3,775 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Twin Falls with an average starting cost of $3,013.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burley 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Twin Falls with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burley, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burley
Beautiful Burley is the county seat of Cassia County and the third-largest city in Idaho's Magic Valley region. Seniors aged 65 and over account for nearly 13% of Burley's population. Those seniors who find they need help with grooming, meal preparation, housekeeping and social activities have four assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Burley to choose from.
In Idaho, and in Burley, ALFs are also called residential care facilities (RCFs). These communities provide lodging and care for three or more seniors not related to the owner. Burley’s ALFs, like those in the rest of the state, are licensed and regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burley
- With an overall cost of living that’s about 13% lower than the U.S. average, Burley may be a good choice for seniors with limited incomes. Transportation, housing and utilities account for most of the savings.
- Idaho is one of the more tax-friendly states for retirees. Idaho does not tax Social Security retirement benefits, and property and sales taxes are relatively low.
- Violent crime in Burley is a bit lower than the national average, ranking 19.6 out of 100 compared to 22.7. However, property crime here is 45.5, considerably higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors should look for assisted living facilities with state-of-the-art security systems to ensure safety.
- On average, the sun shines on Burley 203 days per year. The city gets about 10 inches of annual rainfall and about 20 inches of snow. Burley’s Sperling's Comfort Index score of 68 out of 100 is higher than the U.S. average of 54. This Southern Idaho city has a relatively comfortable year-round climate for active seniors who enjoy outdoor recreation.
- The Burley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cassia Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Burley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Junction, an organization that provides lunches at the center as well as home-delivered meals. There are several more senior centers in Cassia and surrounding counties.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Burley start around $3,775 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burley
To help low-income seniors in Burley cover the cost of assisted living, Idaho offers three programs. These include the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver, the Personal Care Services (PCS) Medicaid program, and the cash assistance Aid for Aged, Blind and Disabled program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burley
Burley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burley, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burley
Burley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burley
Review of Highland Estates
We went to see Highland Estates. During the tour, the person who took us through was very nice. She introduced us to lots of different people. They even brought us treats out from the kitchen. Ever... Read more
Review of Pomerelle Place
Pomerelle Place was great. Services, activities, and amenities were fairly comparable, but we preferred their layout of the rooms better. They had a hair salon, once a month they do birthday celebr... Read more
Review of Pomerelle Place
My Gramma is so happy here. The staff is very compassionate and helpful in every way. I can be at peace knowing she is well taken care of. Read more