9 Assisted Living Facilities in Twin Falls, ID
Also serving communities of Jerome, Shoshone.
The average cost of assisted living in Twin Falls is $3,013 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Twin Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Twin Falls 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Buhl with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Twin Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Twin Falls
Twin Falls is considered the gateway to Snake River Canyon, and seniors who enjoy rugged outdoor settings can take advantage of bus opportunities to see the area north of the city, which includes Shoshone Falls. Aging adults looking for an assisted living facility can find eight to choose from in Twin Falls, with more available in the neighboring town of Jerome. These assisted living communities all provide room and board for seniors as well as personal care services that include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living such as nutrition, mobility and personal grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Twin Falls
- While Twin Falls doesn't have a public transportation system of its own, the city is discussing implementing one. In the meantime, the College of Southern Idaho runs a small transportation system, with curb-to-curb service that is ADA-compliant. Daily commercial flights to Salt Lake City are available, making it easier for family members to visit seniors who settle in the area.
- Idaho's winter weather is notoriously cold, and Twin Falls is no exception, with snow remaining on the streets for much of the period between December and March. During summer and autumn, the semi-arid climate kicks in, with little rain falling, and seniors may be able to enjoy some time outdoors.
- Twin Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Connection, an organization that provides community lunches, Meals on Wheels, transportation and fitness classes, as well as one senior center.
- Residents in Twin Falls enjoy a cost of living that's 8.4 percent lower than the national average, so seniors on a budget can often save on everyday expenses.
- The Twin Falls Center for the Arts is at the heart of cultural expression in the Magic Valley, hosting classes and performances. The Magic Valley Arts Council sponsors public art, photo contests, brown bag lectures and band concerts, and the College of Southern Idaho also hosts performing arts experiences throughout the year. Seniors can often take advantage of low-cost or free programs or join in to participate themselves.
- The Twin Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Twin Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Twin Falls start around $3,013 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Twin Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Twin Falls
Aging seniors in need of a little financial assistance to help pay their assisted living facility fees may be eligible for help from the federal government. Idaho offers an Aged and Disabled Medicaid waiver that may provide benefits to those who meet functional and financial requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Twin Falls
Twin Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Twin Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Twin Falls
Twin Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Twin Falls, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Twin Falls
Review of Heritage Assisted Living Twin Falls
I didn't like Heritage Assisted Living because it wasn't independent. All you had was a bedroom and a bathroom and then you ate all your meals and did everything with everybody else, and I don't wa... Read more
Review of Brookdale Twin Falls
Brookdale Twin Falls' director left about four days after we got there. People were nice and the food was decent. The problem was if my wife is in a strange environment, she starts wandering, and t... Read more
Review of Syringa Place
We put my mom in a place called Syringa Place. They provide very good care. They're very friendly and very energizing. They have help that always have a smile on their faces. They have lots of acti... Read more