4 Assisted Living Facilities near Hephzibah, GA
Also serving communities of Blythe, Louisville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hephzibah area, with 2 in Hephzibah and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hephzibah. Better rated regions include Augusta with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hephzibah, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Hephzibah, GA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Hephzibah, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hephzibah
Hephzibah is a small family-friendly city that’s listed as one of the best places to retire in the Augusta area. The city has two assisted living facilities within the city limits and 12 close by to accommodate seniors who need help with room and board, grooming, medication and meals.
Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, these facilities are known in Hephzibah and the state of Georgia as assisted living communities or personal care homes. Assisted living communities provide service to 25 or more, while personal care homes hose two or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hephzibah
- Compared to other cities in Georgia and the rest of the country, the cost of living in Hephzibah is 9.5 percent lower, which may make it easier for seniors in assisted living communities to stay within their budget.
- Hot and humid summers can make it difficult for some seniors to enjoy the outdoors during the day. Average July highs are around 92 degrees. Winters are short and mild with temperatures that rarely drop below freezing.
- Seniors who live in assisted living communities in Hephzibah can feel safe when exploring the city thanks to the low overall rate of crime. Compared to the national average, the crime rate in the city is almost 40 percent lower.
- Transportation for seniors in Hephzibah is available through the Augusta Public Transit system at reduced fares. The ADA Paratransit Service also provides curb-to-curb services for seniors with permanent or temporary disabilities.
- Hephzibah has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Augusta.
- Taxpayers aged 62 and older in Hephzibah and the state of Georgia can take advantage of the $65,000 per person deduction on all types of retirement income. The state also doesn’t tax Social Security Income (SSI) benefits, so seniors may find they have more money left to invest or save at the end of the year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hephzibah
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Hephzibah start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hephzibah and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hephzibah
There are two Georgia state Medicaid waiver programs to help seniors cover the cost of an assisted living community. The Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) helps improve the lives of the elderly and frail with chronic conditions. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) pays for services in personal care homes with up to 24 beds. Neither programs cover room and board, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hephzibah
Hephzibah and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hephzibah, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hephzibah
Hephzibah-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.