7 Assisted Living Facilities in Dalton, GA
The average cost of assisted living in Dalton is $2,864 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dalton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dalton 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ooltewah with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Dalton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dalton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dalton, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dalton
Dalton, Georgia, is located at the northernmost part of the state, along the Tennessee border. It is a smaller community, known as the Carpet Capitol of the World, the town's main industry. The weather is mild, with long hot summers and mild winters, ideal for seniors sensitive to colder temperatures.
Almost 11% of the city's population of 33,500, is made up of seniors aged 65 and older, some of whom may need care in one of the area's assisted living facilities. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, whose stipulations include resident-to-staff rations and staff training standards. Dalton is home to seven of these group homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dalton
- The overall cost of living in Dalton is rated 85, compared to the US average of 100. Housing costs are close to half of those for the rest of the country, at 58.2 compared to 100. The lower cost of housing may make assisted living fees lower, which is important for seniors on a budget. Healthcare costs are slightly higher than the national average, at 109.1.
- While violent crime rates in Dalton are just under the national average, 21.1 compared to 22.7, property crimes are at 49.2 compared to the national average of 35.4. Seniors are advised to use caution when venturing into the community.
- The state of Georgia does not levy income tax on Social Security or retirement benefits and offers an income tax deduction of $65,000 per person. There is no estate tax in Georgia, either. This may be helpful for seniors budgeting for assisted living.
- Seniors in Dalton have access to the Whitfield County public transit service. The service runs from early morning to early evening but is closed on most holidays. This organization offers discounts for seniors as well as handicap transportation access.
- The Dalton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hamilton Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
- Dalton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Dalton/ Whitfield Senior Center, an organization that focuses on helping seniors in the community locate programs that benefit them and encourages socialization as well as several other senior centers in Whitfield County.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dalton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Dalton start around $2,864 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dalton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dalton
Georgia offers a Community Care Services Program (CCSP) to help offset the costs of assisted living. This program is eligible for services that meet financial criteria and is available for both individuals and couples.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dalton
Dalton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dalton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dalton
Dalton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Dalton, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dalton
Review of Dalton Place
We thought my aunt would stay in Dalton Place Senior Living, but it would cost too much. I don't think they're doing any activities now because of COVID, but they have everything there that she wou... Read more
Review of Pleasant Valley Personal Care
My aunt is in Pleasant Valley Personal Care. She has 24/7 care and they prepare all her meals, help her with her daily routine and everything. They give her her medicine and make sure she's OK. The... Read more
Review of Oaks at Dalton
We took my grandfather down at Oaks at Dalton and took a look inside. The people were very nice. It was a very clean place and there were residents around his age. We talked to several different la... Read more