Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehabilitation

April 16, 2017

By Ghostraider72

Other

I wish that I had known of this site before my mother was sent here. she died in Jan 2016.. I called to find out about my mother and they told me she was dehydrated and I asked if they were going to put in a iv and the nurse got real smart and sassy with me and told me that everything that was happening to my mother was here fault, and they refused to even send her to the er room so that they could put a iv in. She was put into hospice care a day or so later and died s few day later. I found out that they had taken her dentures and they lost them so there for she could not eat like she needed to stay alive. They even refused to follow the persons request that had a power of attorney for my mother. I live in another state so I was not able to be there if I was I think she might still be alive today. My mother lost a lot of weight in less than two months.

July 14, 2014

By scoury1057

I cannot believe this place has not been shut down! My father was sent for re-hab. The PT department FORGOT to do his PT for two weeks! Come to find out, several other veterans were also not given PT. That is what my father went for, after breaking his hip. The aides did not know what hip was broken, so transfers were very painful. You would think all departments would communicate with each other! My dad was left unshaven and unclean. I requested that his clothing be changed everyday. They were putting the same clothing on him day after day. If he didn't want a shower, they didn't give him one. He was left sitting in his chair day after day. He was NOT given pain med, they were ordered. He had 2 pain pills the entire time he was there! If he did not ask for them, they would not give them to him, or if they did ask and he said "no", they would not give them to him! He has acute dementia, and did NOT know how to answer this question. Ihad a meeting with his "team", and the Director, and this did absolutely no good! I reported them to the VA, but they said, "unfortunately, this happens at this place, this is not the first time we have had complaints". Why this isn't reported to the authorities, I don't know. PLEASE, DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE!!!

June 22, 2011

By LockCaptain

Other

I was at this facility as a 2nd semester nursing student. It was appalling to me that the residents were treated the way they were. The women were left to roam the hallways with no bra on. All of the residents were wearing adult diapers. A CNA and I found crushed medications stuck to the roof of a resident's mouth. The LPN responsible was definitely careless. The patient died a few days later. After that, the same LPN had to do a digital stimulation. I'm not going to go into detail on the procedure, but that resident screamed in pain and was left bleeding. I cannot say that I would recommend this place. I was on the inside looking out, and I would not want to live there.

Services and Amenities of Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehabilitation

Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Northwest is located in Tucson, AZ and provides specialized short-term, inpatient rehabilitation and skilled nursing care. Patients are provided with a full range of medical, rehabilitative and social services to treat and support their needs. We also provide long-term care in a safe environment that fosters independence and dignity.

Map of Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehabilitation