Life Care Center of Kirkland

Reviews of Life Care Center of Kirkland

Nursing Home Reviews for Life Care Center of Kirkland

June 25, 2013

By Emelia

Life Care Center Kirkland is a very light and airy facility. The place has a very friendly feeling. It's got a lot of big rooms around for dining and for games. Our relative that was there was pleased with the place. I thought it was very nice. The staff is very professional and very helpful. The physical and occupational therapy is good. We're very pleased.

November 27, 2012

By jld8222

Life Care of Kirkland was close to home and had in-house physical therapy. Nothing else can be said about it that isn't negative. The staff was slow to respond, the food nearly always inedible, and the doctors inconsiderate. My mother had to wait an hour before a staff member would respond to the call button to help her to the bathroom. The physical therapists misinformed us about my mother's progress, using sly measures to imply that her knee was bending a certain number of degrees when it was not. The physical therapist she currently sees was so horrified at her lack of progress that my mother ended up having her knee manipulated under anesthesia. Their activities were poorly planned, resulting in a five hour trip to Red Lobster once upon a time. On that trap, my mom was told by another resident that had soiled herself that if they didn't get back to Life Care in time, she wouldn't be changed for three hours. The experience was awful enough for me to promise my mother that I would pay for twenty-four hour nursing aides if or when she needs them.

June 22, 2012

By Bandit1

If you have a issue with them they get it resolved very quickly. Many nice amenities

May 18, 2012

By reviewer3

This is an extremely large and busy center. Staff seem to be occupied almost all of the time in doing paperwork. There was not enough staff attention to prevent repeated falls and injury to residents. Even after the falls, nothing appeared to be being done to prevent more. Nobody at the center showed transparency or accountability.An annoying bell on the wall rang, without being answered by any staff, for at least half an hour (until a long time after visitors pointed out the problem to staff). A cat ate from its food dish in the main lounge area, dodging around people. It finally approached and submitted to being petted; people who like animals would be expected to be pleased that there was a house cat (but not, for example, people with fur allergies). Residents do not have private rooms, but share space with other people whom they do not know and who do not necessarily speak to them.It is nice that, among the very many people at this busy place, a talkative resident approached visitors and other residents in a friendly way.It is nice that there are regularly scheduled, frequent sessions at which a designated staff member helps a resident get exercise. The resident was given an opportunity to do as much walking as possible.The scheduled programs of interesting activities are also an advantage. Many residents were involved, and appeared pleased and interested. However, not every resident felt like attending a fashion show (held in a public sitting area which was small compared to the number of residents). There was no choice of other activities. No arrangement appeared to be made for suggestions about things that residents wanted to do.The problems with transparency, accountability, and injury seemed to be especially important.

Services and Amenities of Life Care Center of Kirkland

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Life Care Center of Kirkland

Life Care Center of Kirkland is a senior living provider in Kirkland, Washington that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Life Care Center of Kirkland for more details on services and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Kirkland