Life Care Center of Kirkland

Assisted Living Reviews for Life Care Center of Kirkland

Nursing Home Reviews for Life Care Center of Kirkland

October 18, 2014

By jj,

My Mom recently spent 4 weeks in the rehab area for a fractured arm and wound care. There were so many negative things that took place it would take pages to document. All I can say is luckily she is of sound mind and was able to question things that were taking place with her care. While some of the nurses, aides and therapists were great (and I wish I could call you out for your wonderful care), the majority are untrained and clearly not happy to be there (and I really wish I could name them as well). I think the problems here are the same you would encounter at most of these faciities now days. The main thing is to not be afraid to speak up. Make sure the family is involved and stays on top of things. She did say the food wasn't bad. I know that these people have a hard job, but at the end of the day it is their job, at least put a smile on your face and remember that for some of these people you are the only one they see.

August 10, 2013

By caring6861

My mom is at Life Care Center of Kirkland. I toured the area and I saw that the food is okay. They have exercise activity. They also have movie theatre and they do games. The price is also right. I am still in the process of observing the place.

November 27, 2012

By jld8222

Life Care of Kirkland was close to home and had in-house physical therapy. Nothing else can be said about it that isn't negative. The staff was slow to respond, the food nearly always inedible, and the doctors inconsiderate. My mother had to wait an hour before a staff member would respond to the call button to help her to the bathroom. The physical therapists misinformed us about my mother's progress, using sly measures to imply that her knee was bending a certain number of degrees when it was not. The physical therapist she currently sees was so horrified at her lack of progress that my mother ended up having her knee manipulated under anesthesia. Their activities were poorly planned, resulting in a five hour trip to Red Lobster once upon a time. On that trap, my mom was told by another resident that had soiled herself that if they didn't get back to Life Care in time, she wouldn't be changed for three hours. The experience was awful enough for me to promise my mother that I would pay for twenty-four hour nursing aides if or when she needs them.

May 18, 2012

By reviewer3

This is an extremely large and busy center. Staff seem to be occupied almost all of the time in doing paperwork. There was not enough staff attention to prevent repeated falls and injury to residents. Even after the falls, nothing appeared to be being done to prevent more. Nobody at the center showed transparency or accountability.An annoying bell on the wall rang, without being answered by any staff, for at least half an hour (until a long time after visitors pointed out the problem to staff). A cat ate from its food dish in the main lounge area, dodging around people. It finally approached and submitted to being petted; people who like animals would be expected to be pleased that there was a house cat (but not, for example, people with fur allergies). Residents do not have private rooms, but share space with other people whom they do not know and who do not necessarily speak to them.It is nice that, among the very many people at this busy place, a talkative resident approached visitors and other residents in a friendly way.It is nice that there are regularly scheduled, frequent sessions at which a designated staff member helps a resident get exercise. The resident was given an opportunity to do as much walking as possible.The scheduled programs of interesting activities are also an advantage. Many residents were involved, and appeared pleased and interested. However, not every resident felt like attending a fashion show (held in a public sitting area which was small compared to the number of residents). There was no choice of other activities. No arrangement appeared to be made for suggestions about things that residents wanted to do.The problems with transparency, accountability, and injury seemed to be especially important.

About Life Care Center of Kirkland

Life Care Center of Kirkland is a senior living provider in Kirkland, Washington that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Life Care Center of Kirkland for more details on services and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Kirkland