Cordata Court

Reviews of Cordata Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Cordata Court

September 10, 2014

By Carole13

My dad and stepmom are both in Emeritus at Bellingham. They have a very nice one-bedroom apartment that is pretty large with a big bathroom, two huge closets, and a little kitchenette, and then they get three meals a day. The only thing I don't think they really like is that they have to eat dinner before six, and they close the dining room at six. But, other than that, it is a very nice place and they seem to enjoy it very much. I went with my father back in April and looked at three different places, and it had, by far, the biggest one-bedroom. This place is very nice and probably more expensive, but they are very spot on in their care and medication management and stuff like that. We put my father on the management thing, which is an extra charge a month, but at least he gets his pills twice a day or whatever it is he needs, and if he doesn't show up at the nurses' station they'd come down and get him.. My stepmom is learning to like it. She has a therapist that's been talking her into doing more things, and my dad doesn't have much of a memory, so he doesn't remember what he is missing as long as he is with his wife, which is the most important thing to him. They have Bingo, bridge, music nights, wine tasting night, and lots of different music things every week. Somebody comes and sings, and plays the piano or the violin, that kind of thing. There is a nice walking path around the facility itself, and I think there is a city college that is a few blocks away that has a big walking path around their campus, so they have been going out walking at least once a day, and sometimes they go twice a day even, so it is nice. They have different things where people join groups, like the singing or choral group that Roselyn was going to join. They are very accommodating and they even have a lady that is like a concierge. If you need a ride somewhere in the morning, like when my dad first moved in there, he went every day to spend his day with his wife at the nursing home, so they would drive him over there and then pick him up at 4 o' clock or whatever and drive him back in the town car, which was kind of nice. Compared to how you imagine a facility would be, and I have heard of other places where you have to share a room with a stranger, I think this place is very nice. It seems to be very clean. I even met the maintenance man, and he was on top of everything. They are very nice, but they're not cheap.

February 18, 2013

By Tiffany 1

We couldn't afford to go into an independent living facility. They're either too expensive or have a long waiting list. Merrill Gardens at Cordata was fine. During the tour, they showed me a nice, empty apartment. The staff was very nice, and the people I saw in the common areas looked happy and friendly. They have a recreation room with all kinds of activities and other scheduled activities during the week. But they didn't have laundry facilities in the apartment which would have been difficult for me because I have a spinal issue. And walking halfway down the main floor would have been really hard for me to do. Another issue for me was I'm older than my husband, and they only allow people 60 and over. He's 55, so that wouldn't have been an option. A lot of places would consider if you have a younger spouse and they'll let you come in anyway. But this place won't.

Independent Living Reviews for Cordata Court

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Get Costs

About Cordata Court

Cordata Court is a senior living provider in Bellingham, Washington that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Cordata Court for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cordata Court