Autumn Care of Portsmouth

Autumn Care of Portsmouth (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Autumn Care of Portsmouth

Nursing Home Reviews for Autumn Care of Portsmouth

February 27, 2014

My father was at Autumn Care for two months. We were happy with the care he received. We didn't have any problems. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although at times they seemed understaffed. The food was pretty good. The room he was in was semi-private and adequate. The physical therapy he received was excellent. The office staff seemed very organized. I live out of town, but the communication with the family was excellent on how he's doing, constant updates, and they even did conference calls with me at work for assessments for his care every few weeks. They'd have meeting with the physical therapist, doctor, the nurse, nutritionist, social worker, and I could ask whatever questions I needed. They all gave me full report every few weeks on his progress. That was wonderful. My father said the food was really good and they had a good variety. If he didn't want to sit in his room, he could go down. There were certain days of the week that they had lunch or breakfast buffet. They did have family buffet dinners where they send invitations to us. They did movies, bingo, a lot of music, Bible study, board games, card games, and it seem like there was always a group in there singing.

June 22, 2012

By darlin

My husband was transported to Autumn Care from the hospital for rehabilitation due to shunt surgery. Upon his admission, nobody informed me about anything: dining room, laundry, etc. His stay was for 20 days. He was given physical therapy each morning then taken back to his room where he would spend the rest of the time until the next morning unless I would help him into a wheel chair and push him around the halls which were very crowded with resident in wheel chairs, linen carts, RX carts, trash carts. I found out later by word of mouth that he could eat in the dining hall. He was admitted on May 7 and finally on May 22 I was able to get the admissions counselor to go over papers which I had to sign. While there he fell hitting his head and I wasn't notified until the next day. It was when he seemed warm and weak that I told the nurse I thought he was ill. She was extremely rude to me! But after my insistence she finally checked his O2 and it was 80. He also had a fever. She called an ambulance and another employee informed me that he was going to the E.R. in 10 minutes. He was admitted with pneumonia for 5 days. I never heard from the house doctor who supposedly examined him. I believe his stay there only set him back. I will say this though, there are many caring workers there. I think the owners should invest some money to bring the place up to date. There are 4 A .C. homes in this area...check on inspections...all the other 4 got 5 stars, Portsmouth only got one. I would research online before I admitted anyone to a nursing home.

About Autumn Care of Portsmouth

Autumn Care of Portsmouth is a senior living provider in Portsmouth, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Autumn Care of Portsmouth for more details on services and rates.

Map of Autumn Care of Portsmouth