The Gardens at Warwick Forest

Reviews of The Gardens at Warwick Forest

Nursing Home Reviews for The Gardens at Warwick Forest

June 12, 2012

By jlibra54

My mother is a resident at Warwick Forest and I am almost considering moving her elsewhere. Sometimes I go in and she has a sour smell on her, not being bathed properly, she sweats underneath her breast area and we (family) could tell she had not been bathed adequately. I appears as though quite a few, just out of college, are coming in and they are not trained adequately or still learning, I don't think my mom should go around stinking or not be assisted in her feeding because of that. When she first started there (my mom), it was very nice and she was kept up much better than now. I've noticed alot of the ones that were there when my mom first came are leaving or moved in other areas, they should have kept the ones that were familiar with working in that area.

October 10, 2011

By darksaturn7

I recently had visited my Grandma here after a knee surgery. She had her right knee done and had to go to a place from her current assisted living place to go heal up and manage her progress on walking "“ you making sure she walked and worked her leg while being monitored. Now let me note, Grandma has slight dementia. She repeats a few things often, and sometimes gets confused. This is though, if she is in a familiar place and with familiar people she does fine. So much so that you may not even notice it at all. Now, her insurance had her placed in a sort of rehabilitative home? To help her heal. What we (the family and I) were not told was that they were to place her in a nursing home. Now this in itself wasn't too bad. But remember she gets confused if in a new place. Confused, a tab ornery but relatively harmless thinking she has to go pick us grand kids up for stuff or that's she's going home in an hour. But this was enough to place her in the mental ward of said home. This had my Grandma who at worst would demand to call my Ma to pick her up with persons who stared at walls, wandered into her bedroom thinking it was hears, talking incoherently and generally people with conditions that made her look sterling. So whenever we'd visit we be walking into a rather depressing situation the was reminiscent of One Flew Over the Cooks Nest. I say this not because of the patients themselves but because of the overall mood of the staff. Some were very nice; a lady as we left promised to give Grandma her water as she had asked and we had to leave. But others just looked bored out of there mind there hearding their patients like cats. The fact that her resident doctor their changed Grandma's meds (many that is changed or taken away causes massive mood swings to her) without consult her power of attorney, my Ma, did not help our opinion. Ad in the 70s dated decor and poorly maintain paint and rooms (in stark contrast to the visitor area) made the place just give a feel of dread. Grandma from day one wanted leave. Even without dementia I seriously agreed with her. Rather uncomfortable experience here. The day she was sent to her regular assisted living residence, the family was relieved.

Services and Amenities of The Gardens at Warwick Forest

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About The Gardens at Warwick Forest

The Gardens at Warwick Forest is a senior living provider in Newport News, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Gardens at Warwick Forest for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Gardens at Warwick Forest