Chancellor's Village

Reviews of Chancellor's Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Chancellor's Village

October 26, 2016

By HGreenlaw

My 97 year old Mother needed assistance and care after she fell and fractured her arm. Her mental health was great. We visited Chancellor's Village and met with Sharon and Roxanne. They were excellent, super friendly and helpful even going to visit my Mother in her home. Within 2 weeks she relocated to Chancellor's Village to a one bedroom assisted living apartment. She is so happy and loves her surroundings, activities, food, the residents and staff and says she is spoiled. It cannot get better than that. Thanks Sharon and Roxanne and Chancellor's Village for making our Mother so comfortable and happy.

June 29, 2016

By Diane865382

My mother stayed at Chancellor's Village for respite care. The staff was kind, warm, open, friendly, and went above and beyond for everything. I can't say enough good things about them. They were amazing. The place was like a cruise ship without the water, like she was on vacation. There were so many activities. She said the food was delicious. They catered to her every need.

April 25, 2016

By EJ2

I toured Chancellor’s Village for my aunt, and it was lovely. I was very pleased with the woman who took me around. They had independent living and nursing care. They gave me a little gift of a container with home-made soup, so I imagine that the meals are very good. They had a library and craft area for the assisted living. There were flowers, plants, and grass that were well kept and had a nice-looking appearance. They had a separate entrance for assisted living individuals, so they wouldn’t be embarrassed coming in the same door used by people who are more capable. The staff was lovely.

January 29, 2016

By Anonymous119235350

We’ve decided on Chancellor’s Village. It’s only about five or six miles from where we live. We have friends who mentioned the fact that they knew people up there. So we went up, and looked it over. We were satisfied, and in fact we're satisfied enough that we've decided to go there.

January 23, 2016

By Sandy119004250

Chancellor’s Village has all the bells and whistles. Even the waiters are well dressed, and the women had their hair done. It seemed a little bit over the top. It was as close as the period of where my mom has lived all her life. It was on the top of our list. The rooms have a stove, washer, and dryer.

December 31, 2015

By Michael118379050

Chancellor’s Village is very nice and clean, but it didn’t have the stay-in care my dad will need if he were to become bedridden, and he would have to be moved to another facility. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgeable.

August 22, 2015

By Norma25

Chancellor’s Village was very clean and friendly. I liked the way everything was set up. They had a room there where it looked like they were playing bowling on the Wii. I think they had movies. There was a schedule there where you could go and do activities. They did have a wait room in case you wanted to go in and do a little exercise. They have a little lunch room where you go in for your meals. They have a little library where you can go in and read and have some books. They have a bus that will take you to doctor’s appointments if needed. I was very impressed.

June 06, 2015

Chancellor's Village was a very nice place. They had an excellent dining area and a very good menu, and the apartments are of different sizes and were very clean. They had an exercise room, PT, and OT available, and activities in the afternoon like bingo, TV, and music.

February 20, 2015

By Mike105870050

I liked it very much. It is actually closer to where I live, and the services looked about equal to the other place I visited, but they didn't have a two-bedroom available. They were very friendly, and I actually know some people that have been in Chancellor's Village, so it came highly recommended. It's not so new, and the bedrooms were a little smaller but not a deal breaker. Then they had a little patio, porch, or balcony. They had some activities there, but they provided transportation to movies, bowling, churches, and other places.

December 28, 2014

By Robert100210950

Chancellor is more upscale, and they offer a lot of built things that you didn’t get at the other facility I went to. The nicer thing about this facility is that there seemed to be a lot more personnel, and what I didn’t like about this facility is that it is a multilevel facility, but I would recommend this place.

December 20, 2014

By Pat B. 2014

so happy I visited chancellors village, staffed on the weekend. Clean, beautiful. Mom will be moving soon. Thank you Roxanne for answering all our questions. You are so kind and patience.

December 17, 2014

By Barbara103098550

Chancellor's Village was lovely. The staff members were so nice. Everybody was so nice and very helpful, and everybody was doing something.

September 16, 2014

The Chancellor's Village was wonderful, but they were way out of my price range. Everything was beautiful, just tip-top. I had an opportunity to meet the people, who were very accommodating. The apartments were very nice. In fact, they were remodeling some of the apartments. They had many activities, and they took care of everything; every step you took, they took care of it. I think they were tops, but like I said, they were out of my price range and they had a very high entrance fee. To anybody who has the money, I would recommend it.

June 30, 2014

By Chuck9

We've placed my mother in Chancellor's Village. It's very nice. They have great food. The staff is very good, very caring. Mom's room is adequate; it's very nice. The security is very good; you have to sign in and out. There are lots of activities there, but she doesn't do any of them.

April 29, 2014

By Greg17

Chancellor's Village was a very large community. They had two people there who were blind. I didn't feel like my aunt would be watched as closely as I would like for her to be, but otherwise, the facility is very nice. The staff was very personable. They got the message to who I needed to get it to. They follow up with me with e-mails, letters, and phone calls. It seems the residents who live there are very personable as well. I think you need to be a little more mobile at Chancellor's than what my aunt is. It was a very nice facility, very up to date, very open. They had a little garden area out there, but it didn't hit me as far as what I thought my aunt would need as far as care.

Although Chancellor’s Village has a Independent Living community with extensive services and amenities, our Assisted Living is located in a smaller and more intimate setting. Our assisted living community has a longstanding reputation in the market for quality care. This is due in large part to our stable staff that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards in services to our residents. Additionally, in order to prepare a personalized care plan prior to admission each move-in is assessed by a licensed nurse. To ensure the plan is up-to-date a follow-up assessment is schedule every 90-days or upon a change in condition. Lastly, in addition to the customary amenities we also offer on-site therapy services and an innovative non-invasive technology that monitors resident behaviors. While it is our hope that your loved one has identified an assisted living community we are confident that we could provide an excellent quality of life for residents with more personalized needs.

April 01, 2014

By JoAnn3618

I was looking to move my mother from her Assisted Living home in Florida to have her closer; after this past winter, I should consider moving down there instead. Last year, I made an appointment at Chancellor’s Village to speak with Lara, the Sales Counselor. She was amazing. After only about 10 minutes of questions/answers back and forth, I’m sure she realized that my mother could not afford to move to this area but she continued to answer my questions and concerns about handling my mother’s affairs long distance. She gave me some great advice and has even continued to stay in touch to see how things are going. Bottom line, if my mother could afford to move to the Fredericksburg area, I would not hesitate to move her to Chancellor’s Village.

February 28, 2014

By Kpconners

Chancellors Village is tops! Mom went there for what would of been a two stay for respite care while we went out of town. She is now officially a new Resident ! The facility is gorgeous , clean and can't say enough about the staff there. The dining experience is like being at a resort . Mom loves the linen table cloths, great menu to order off of and a wonderful wait staff ! The apartments are beautiful and well maintained as the grounds. The transition from visitor to surprise resident was such a easy transition with the help of Lara ! Thank you CV! Conner family

August 27, 2013

By Caring from Virginia

Chancellor's Village was very nice and very impressive. We had supper there with some friends who are there and the food was quite good. Overall, the visit was a very good experience.

August 11, 2013

By PMG&SMG

Our mother, now 90, has lived at Chancellors Village for 15 years transitioning from independent to assisted living. The staff is first rate, always pleasant, attentive and patient. Daily support (eg. medications, bathing assistance, etc.) is well organized, efficient and very dependable. Assisted living apartments are very clean and well maintained. Private apartment with one bedroom, bathroom, living room (with full size refridgerator, cabinets and sink), and private porch provides comfortable living. Dining room (3 meals per day), with menu and special diets, allows residents freedom to eat any time during serving hours. Chef and full wait staff is available at every meal. Daily activities are always an option (field trips, movies, hair dresser, exercise, guest speakers and other entertainment). Sunday transportation to religious services and other transportation is available for doctor appointments and shopping during the week. Assist living lobby and entrance (front desk, sitting room, staircase and elevator) is bright, clean, and cheerful. Birds and tropical fish in sitting room an added plus. Overall, management and staff set Chancellor's Village apart from all other facilities.

Independent Living Reviews for Chancellor's Village

March 20, 2014

By K. Jones

Aside from the coziness and charm, Chancellor's Village is fun. My grandparents lived there until my grandfather died. The dining room offers quality gourmet meals and the residents enjoy dining with family and friends whenever they can. Roxanne and Lara love the community and the residents and that love flows over in all that they do. I am a huge fan.

Questions about Chancellor's Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Chancellor's Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 84, they love going on day trips and art classes.

What programs or activities does Chancellor's Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Zumba Gold Exercise Classes, Art Classes, Brain Health University Classes.

What places are near Chancellor's Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Bowling Alley, Central Park, Spotsylvania Towne Center, Historical Down Town Fredericksburg.

What transportation services does Chancellor's Village offer to assisted living residents?

We go anywhere in a 10 mile radius, Monday through Friday 8:45 am - 5:00 pm.

What makes the chef or dining program at Chancellor's Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Breakfast is made to order, lunch is 2 entrée specials as well as a full menu of sandwiches, salads, 1 homemade soup, dinner is 3 entrée choices, veggies, starches, 2 homemade soups and a salad bar

What safety features or security measures does Chancellor's Village offer to assisted living residents?

GE Quit Care

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Virginia

About Chancellor's Village

Senior assisted living at Chancellor's Village offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Chancellor's Village, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Fredericksburg has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Chancellor's Village, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Chancellor's Village offers independent living in Fredericksburg for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Chancellor's Village will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week