Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Reviews of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

September 18, 2015

By Robert P Van Fossen Jr

I have a family member staying there: this is what I have seen : Nurses with snotty running noses coughing openly no mask or gloves; careless handling of equipment as to cause futher injury to patients; hot foods served cold, Doctors that badger patients that refuse treatments they know they should not be getting, but thank GOD they got rid of the CATS( or did they?). could be that they all just ate the food from the kitchen and nature took it's course.

January 30, 2013

By Lori7

The process went really well with Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center. I think with any place, lack of communication can really mess up a good thing. But overall, I would rate them good. The rooms are medium grade and the food is nice.

March 15, 2012

By niknak1227

My grandmother stayed there and the care was honestly so-so. The food was pretty good and the activities were varied and very well put together. The staff were not always the friendliest people. They had local gospel bands, church services every sunday, a hairdresser, BINGO, happy hour once a month (which she loved), and carolers for the holidays. They also had different activities for all major holidays. They had GREAT food. Also a big variety of meals. They never had the same thing twice within two weeks. The major problem I had with their facility was how under staffed it was. Most of the time I saw CNA's running around constantly answering call bells. And could rarely get to a nurse without interrupting them while they were handing out medication. Often my Grandmother would ring to get help to the restroom and by the time an aide showed up she had already messed herself. It was extremely embarassing for her so i imagine it was for the other residents.

July 31, 2011

By LTWest432

The first thing that I noticed was the sign posted on the door: "Please do not let the cats out!" Cats? I discovered that the home keeps several cats who are free to move around the center, visiting the residents. It was a charming and homey touch. The building is decorated like most assisted living centers, with darker carpet and cheerful wall paper. Staff were very helpful to all visitors. One of the things I noticed the most during my visit was the number of family members who were there. They have a very open policy for visitation and I was impressed to see a number of families eating together in the dining room. The nurses were attentive, and polite. Most of them were focused on their tasks. Care is taken with any controlled medications. The real impact I had from my experience there was when I heard one nurse describe visiting the center on her day off so that she could say goodbye to a dying patient.

Services and Amenities of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

About Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Fishersville, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center