Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Reviews of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

October 29, 2017

By SandyJudy

My niece was a resident at Augusta Rehab. On 10/23/17, she was moved without family consent even though there was a POA for her mental limited abilities. They chose to ignore it. She was moved to a Envoy where she was taken to Augusta Health on 10/23/17 because she was not breathing. No one from Envoy ever called a family member due to the emergency. The ER doctor was the only person that contacted the family. Prior to and after she passed away that day. This is total neglect and I will pursue avenues to ensure this does not happo at these facilities.

February 10, 2017

By donnakaycason

MY MOTHER EVELYN RANKIN WAS A PATIENT FROM OCT 12,2016 TILL FEB 9,2017.SHE WAS LOVED BY ALL AT THE HOME.SHE WAS TREATED WITH LOVE AND DIGNITY.MOM WAS TERMINALY ILL AND SHE WENT THRU SOME HARD TIMES BUT YOU WERE THERE TO SEE HER THRU IT.GOD WAS HER TESTAMONY TO ALL WHO MET HER,THERE WAS NEVER A PERSON WITH A SWEETER SPIRIT.I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU ALL FOR LOVING HER AND BEING THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEEDED IT.I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU GUYS,STAY IN TOUCH.WITH MUCH LOVE,DONNA CASON

December 28, 2016

By AprilMWilson

My father was in this facility for two weeks follow quintuple bypass surgery. He arrived tired from his surgery, but heart-ready to rehabilitate and come home. After 13 days of neglect (ordered medications not being dosed at all, him being told not to bother the nurses and "just use his diaper", dried feces on the floor of his room), my father has contracted C-Diff and pneumonia. He is now back in the cardiac care unit of RMH, and we must find a rehab facility that truly cares about its patients as human beings and not just a number they can submit for government reimbursing.

November 21, 2016

By legal eagle

This place is awful! The physician support and quality is, in my opinion, horrible. My Mom was there for almost a year and it got worse and worse. We were finally able to move her to another close by facility. The food was awful and they constantly ran out of food staples such as coffee and butter during meals. The food quality was poor and it was usually bland, tasteless and limited. My Mom had to supplement her diet with peanut butter, cheese crackers and veggies brought to her by friends and family.The nursing and CNA staff are bailing out like its a sinking ship. My Mom fell and asked to go to the emergency room and was ignored for hours and my sister had to come and get her after 12 hours. The doctor took her off of her pain and other meds which necessitated another emergency room visit which we had to take care of. We are still thinking of suing them for elder abuse and malpractice. They fired the nurse but never even apologized to Mom or her family. Thanks God we got her out of that place. Stay away, stay far away!!!!!

September 01, 2016

By K.Brown

My mother needed short-term care and was a patient here for 9 days until we (her family) requested a rescue squad to take her to the hospital when we found her struggling to breathe and very lethargic. I personally had to walk to the nurse's station several times before anyone would come to check on her. When they finally did come to her room and realized she needed oxygen right away, they couldn't even get the oxygen to work. They were on the second machine by the time the ambulance arrived. There were other things that occurred during her brief stay. The majority of the nursing staff I encountered were rude. In my opinion, based on my experience... NOT a good place to have someone you love. I didn't want to give any stars but had to click one to post my review.

July 29, 2016

By Fellow Reviewer

My husband was at Augusta Nursing Rehab, and it was very bad. Their staff needed to be greatly improved. I was very unhappy with their staff, food, and care. I was very disappointed. They are also too expensive for the care that you receive.

March 22, 2016

By SafetyFirst

Wow. First let me explain that I am a masters prepared nurse who has worked and run ICUs, coordinated clinical care trials with very ill patients and taught at the university level. I am not foreign to the stressors and rules that greet nurses daily. Being obnoxious is never a way to treat someone on the phone, When I called to get an update, I have never been met with such rude and short answers. The topper was when she told me that my relative was going home the next day, I asked if she was safe to go home alone and what type of fall risk she was considered. The response is "safety is a matter of opinion.' REALLY? There are several data points that help determine safety and fall risks. I have posed that question, if she falls, this quote will be repeated back. Who says that?

September 18, 2015

By Robert P Van Fossen Jr

I have a family member staying there: this is what I have seen : Nurses with snotty running noses coughing openly no mask or gloves; careless handling of equipment as to cause futher injury to patients; hot foods served cold, Doctors that badger patients that refuse treatments they know they should not be getting, but thank GOD they got rid of the CATS( or did they?). could be that they all just ate the food from the kitchen and nature took it's course.

January 30, 2013

By Lori7

The process went really well with Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center. I think with any place, lack of communication can really mess up a good thing. But overall, I would rate them good. The rooms are medium grade and the food is nice.

March 15, 2012

By niknak1227

My grandmother stayed there and the care was honestly so-so. The food was pretty good and the activities were varied and very well put together. The staff were not always the friendliest people. They had local gospel bands, church services every sunday, a hairdresser, BINGO, happy hour once a month (which she loved), and carolers for the holidays. They also had different activities for all major holidays. They had GREAT food. Also a big variety of meals. They never had the same thing twice within two weeks. The major problem I had with their facility was how under staffed it was. Most of the time I saw CNA's running around constantly answering call bells. And could rarely get to a nurse without interrupting them while they were handing out medication. Often my Grandmother would ring to get help to the restroom and by the time an aide showed up she had already messed herself. It was extremely embarassing for her so i imagine it was for the other residents.

July 31, 2011

By LTWest432

The first thing that I noticed was the sign posted on the door: "Please do not let the cats out!" Cats? I discovered that the home keeps several cats who are free to move around the center, visiting the residents. It was a charming and homey touch. The building is decorated like most assisted living centers, with darker carpet and cheerful wall paper. Staff were very helpful to all visitors. One of the things I noticed the most during my visit was the number of family members who were there. They have a very open policy for visitation and I was impressed to see a number of families eating together in the dining room. The nurses were attentive, and polite. Most of them were focused on their tasks. Care is taken with any controlled medications. The real impact I had from my experience there was when I heard one nurse describe visiting the center on her day off so that she could say goodbye to a dying patient.

Services and Amenities of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center

Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Fishersville, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Augusta Nursing & Rehab Center