Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center

Reviews of Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center

February 25, 2016

By concerned-daughter313

My mom and family (I included) have found this place to have a caring, attentive, upbeat staff, which ultimately, I think, is what we all want. The general appearance of the place is nice - not fancy, but warm and comfortable. Last year she was in an elegant, more highly rated rehab facility for several weeks, but the aides caring for her there left much to be desired - in fact, several seemed to have chips on their shoulders. So when she required one again this year, that was our main concern. At first we hesitated about checking out Emerald Hills since some of its ratings were just average, but as soon as we (my dad and I) entered the place, we saw a lot of activity and life. After getting the tour, I asked the relative of a patient who was outside what his take was, and he said they had no complaints. Since my mom has been there, we have still seen the generally upbeat, attentive attitude and my mom has been content. She isn't the sociable type and pretty much sticks to her room, but I always see a lot of interaction in the main public sections. The food seems to lack imagination at times, which is why I give it 4 instead of 5 stars. This has been our experience with a short-term stay; she is not there for the long haul. A big recommendation when looking for a nursing home, besides staff, if your loved one will be somewhat ambulatory (not totally bed-ridden) check out the restrooms and shower facilities too. Emerald Hills has semi-private suites (2 rooms connected to a sitting area and restroom), each with a shower. One of the places we checked out looked very nice and elegant - but they only had one shower room for all the residents, which looked depressing and drafty with little privacy. Definitely a deal breaker for us!

August 15, 2013

By heavensreal

This place is under staffed your love one may suffer bed sores or staff in fections as my friend they need more help

July 30, 2012

By Gentry Family

The care that was given our Mother, Helen, was more than we could have ever expected. Our thanks to the doctor's assistant, nursing staff, assistant nurses and especially the speech therapist. Mother was released after a weeks' stay at Harris HEB, where no explanation was given to us except that she had broken her pelvis and pulled a muscle in her left leg. Your staff immediately started diagnosis and the wonderful speech therapist ordered a swallowing test that showed she was not swallowing and all meds were going into her lungs. The social worker put us in touch with Heart to Heart Hospice that worked with getting Mother comfortable for the first time in a week and half. Mother passed 2 days later. We found the facility to be clean with a pleasant odor, which after visiting 8 rehabs was very surprising. There were sufficient staff members who were the most wonderful, caring people and the nursing supervisor's love for her job was evident. We have told our friends that we were so pleased and would highly recommend Emeral Hills. We followed Mother's wishes to the end even with her services that she had written out. We miss Mother terribly even though she was 91 years old. We are content that her passing was peaceful due to the care received at Emerald Hills. Thank you.

About Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center

Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center is a senior living provider in North Richland Hills, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Heatlhcare Center