Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

November 07, 2014

By Pam Lo

The best thing about Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation is the friendliness of the workers. They are very caring and compassionate . The facility is clean and there is always something going on for the residents. I appreciate the way that the families are included in dinners and activities.

November 07, 2014

By Linda 007

Close to home. Caring staff, clean most of the time. Need more help in the laundry room. Fun activities. I like Vista Ridge because they are always placing the resident first. Love the trips to the movies. Love bible study each Monday afternoon.

July 22, 2014

By Billye's Daughter

I'm sure our concerns mirrored those of most when, in January of 2013, my Mom became a resident of Vista Ridge...quality of care, cleanliness, food, attitude toward residents, activity and all the rest. What we've seen in this year and a half is that Mom is safe, well cared for, engaged in her daily living, and happy. She volunteered just yesterday that she has not yet met a Caregiver at Vista Ridge whom she doesn't like. I can echo that sentiment as a daughter who visits almost daily. Medical care is attentive and competent, as is the therapy given. Staff from the front offices, through all the medical/aide staff on through to housekeeping and the kitchen are caring and friendly, competent and courteous. I believe this type of attitude contributes to the happiness of residents. Vista Ridge also has an active and caring Activity Director whose loving and cheerful ways go far beyond just the activities themselves to making a happy environment. Not to seem a total Pollyanna, my Mom's mind is not always great, and when her dementia is "flowing," she's not any happier at Vista Ridge than she is even to be alive at this advanced age. Even during these times, though, she is supported by the staff at Vista Ridge, as am I. These are the hard times, and I more than appreciate the support. Also, what concerns we've had over these months, small though they've been, have been promptly and efficiently handled. Finally, I'm so very glad that Vista Ridge was suggested to us by one set of friends who had rehabbed there and another whose mother lived there for a time. I can't imagine having Mom anywhere else.

March 18, 2011

By Marion2

Not responsive to needs, neglectful

Four days after knee replacement surgery, my mother was walking >100 feet, was in good spirits and health. She only needed to be somewhere where she could get physical therapy daily and have someone help her with restroom needs, meals, getting her medications, and wound care. Within four days at Vista Ridge, her feet were swollen due to being left for hours in her wheel chair after physical therapy, she is weak because they can't get her diet or medications right (she has a swallowing disorder and needs her food cut small and well lubricated, with absolutely no bread. She also needs low fat because she has a tendency to pancreatitus. Every single meal has included bread, and most of them have included a gelatenous, fatty country gravy over everything. I tasted the food, and it's horrendously salty to the point were I would not have been able to eat it and I normally salt my food. We complain, they smile and say they'll fix it, but next meal, same problems. One medical technician actually threw the medication instructions at my mother because she dared ask whether her medications were correct because her blood pressure had gotten too low and she was dizzy... There are some absolutely lovely people working at Vista Ridge, but they also have quite a few very lazy, verbally abusive people who would be more appropriate for flipping burgers than for being trusted with the welfare of our loved ones.

Services and Amenities of Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Spanish

About Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Lewisville, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center