Sunrise of Blue Bell

Reviews of Sunrise of Blue Bell

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Blue Bell

November 01, 2016

By Elizabeth155128

Sunrise was lovely; they came and got me, and they had lunch for me. No other facility has done that for me. I think they answered my questions, and then they brought me back home. The rooms were small, but the food that I had during lunch was done nicely. They have choices, and the presentation was nice. There were people who plays cards, and they have a van that takes people to appointments. I didn’t observe someone unhappy.

October 22, 2016

By Elaine361168

I liked Sunrise of Blue Bell very much, but it was out of my price range. I did tell them that if they come down on the price, I'd be more than happy to bring my father there, but they couldn't meet that requirement. The staff is very polite and seemed very caring. When I got there, they were baking pies, and all the residents were downstairs getting ready to go to an activity. The caregivers knew all the residents by name. I could see them rubbing their backs to soothe them even when nothing was wrong. It's a great facility, but it's too expensive. They were doing exercise in the morning. They gave me an apple pie as a thank you for the visit. The dining room was clean, bright, and airy. The residents could see outside if it was snowing or raining, and it wasn't closed in. If you live in the area and you could afford it, it would be a great fit. The one thing I thought was a plus was they had a private dining room so that if you were to have a birthday party for a loved one, you can use that room --which is set up for about 20 people -- and I thought that was really nice.

July 12, 2016

By Kathy383840

Sunrise of Blue Bell was very nice, but I thought it was too far away for when the winter came or we had bad weather and I needed to go see her. They had things on different floors and a nice dining room. They also had a little bar area with a table where you could get together with friends or just sit and hang out. They had a different menu. I liked a lot of things about it. The staff was very nice. Everything was digital. They had like a screen on the wall as you went upstairs to each level. Whoever was on call, they could go there and bring up the person’s name. Everything was right at your touch, which nice. That way, you could update files really quickly. They had some nice amenities and a fire alarm system. It had some nice things about it, but their parking lot was really small. However, they were very nice. It was very nice there.

February 22, 2016

By Judy27870150

Sunrise was very good, but it didn’t have what my husband needed. It was great, but it doesn’t have medical people there or transition to nursing care.

January 20, 2016

By HappyDaughter32

I could not have chosen a better home for my Mother. The minute we toured we knew it was the perfect fit. She still maintains her independence, yet we know she is safe. A weight has been lifted off our shoulders knowing our Mother can age in place. She has made friends, enjoys the food, and basically has her own small apartments. 5 stars in my book.

October 30, 2015

By Sandy114959950

Sunrise of Blue Bell is very clean. My mom is very well-kept. The only thing that we have to do that we didn’t have to do before is supply gloves; they were always supplied at the other facility, but not at this facility. The rooms are bigger than where she was before and are clean. We also see the staff often, so I don’t have to hunt after them. There is always somebody on her floor if I ever have concerns. I would recommend the place. The door locks, and when it is locked, you have to ring a bell, call, and wait for somebody to let you in. Mom never smells.

June 19, 2015

Sunrise of Blue Bell seemed to me that they had people who were more limited. The person I visited was a friend of a friend. She had a single bed. It was very small. She also had a living room. There was a hallway, and the bathroom seemed adequate in size. I was not impressed. The dining area seemed nice enough.

January 12, 2015

By anonymous104292150

I was impressed with the Sunrise of Blue Bell. This was where I had hoped my daddy would go because I liked the whole spirit of the place. We took a tour, and he was very pleased with it, but then he said it was too far away. It was about an hour from where his house was. It was a very lovely place. They serve three meals a day. We had lunch there, and it was very good. The dining area was very nice.

January 01, 2015

By HappyCamp2

Beautiful neighborhoods, and a wonderful activities program. Every time I come to visit I pick up a sheet at the front desk that lists all of the activities my mom can participate in. I'm impressed with what they offer, and with how friendly the woman who runs things is. Mom is very happy!

August 27, 2014

By Susan91633850

Sunrise took very good care of my father-in-law. He had dementia and he was recovering from a broken hip, so he was in a sub-acute facility prior to going in there. When we got to Sunrise Blue Bell, within about two weeks of working with the therapist, he accomplished more without a wheelchair, walking with a walker and then even walking on his own, and he was 95 years old. He had other issues, and his heart was just weakening. The other difficult part was that he was incontinent and had a couple of infections as a result of catheterization. The last one turned into sepsis, and they were able to clear it off. But it did enough damage that his heart just couldn't hold out, so the cause of death was sepsis. But it proved that the antibiotic or whatever they had him on to clear up the sepsis worked. But as a result he had heart failure. The food was very good. The rooms and accommodations were very nice. They would be happy to lend you furniture if you need it, or you could bring your own. We hung pictures on the wall, we had a chair, and it had a nice little kitchenette. They actually had a lot of activities and a full calendar that was posted in the elevators. They would have people come in to do certain kinds of exercise. They had card games, movie nights, entertainment would come in, and they would sing. He didn't participate in all of that, but that's fine. He liked the people there; they liked him. He felt he was home, and I think I think that's the best comment I can give about the Sunrise. It's much more like home. It doesn't look like a facility. It's just more homey.

April 29, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Blue Bell, and I love this facility. It was very well-maintained. I like that the staff knew everybody by name. I like that there was a gathering place where people could relax and watch TV. Their rooms were perfect. They have a little kitchenette, but no stove. There was a mini fridge and sink. The dining area was very nice, but I didn’t notice the food.

April 22, 2014

Sunrise was very nice. The rooms were nice. I liked everything about that particular property. Lovely people. They have all kinds of activities. It's not that far away, so that's something I was looking for. It's close to my family and my kids. It had a lot of the features that I was looking for in an assisted living community. It's very centrally located. There are shopping centers and restaurants nearby and just about anything and everything you could want.

January 31, 2014

Sunrise of Bluebell was really my first choice. I like the facility a long time ago. I like the way it's laid out and I thought the people were nice. They are not the biggest room that you can find, but they are just fine for me. They are adequate. Their dining room is nice with lots of tables and chairs.

October 03, 2013

By Patricia38

We visited Sunrise at Blue Bell on a Sunday afternoon. Their staff was friendly. They had one-bedroom units, which were small. We also saw their activity room. However, there were no activities going on at that time.

September 24, 2013

By Barbara70587850

I find Sunrise of Blue Bell to be a very nice facility but very expensive for the average person. They do offer discounts if you are a veteran. They offer lots of activities for their clients. They offer a lot but again they are expensive.

August 11, 2013

My dad is at Sunrise at Bluebell. We found it because he was in a rehab facility and one of the social workers who worked there told us about it. His room is nice. The food is excellent. The problem is that there's not enough one-on-one for the patient and not everybody is helpful. The staff is pleasant. They do try to be helpful, but the aides are not that skilled; that's the problem. They should give them more skills and information on how to deal with patients. It took eight months until I got them to do everything the way he needed it done. I like it because it's small and homier.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our care team. Please know that we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. - The Sunrise Team

June 20, 2012

My aunt is currently in Sunrise of Blue Bell. She aunt is 93 years old and is on medication. We chose this community since it has a comfortable, homelike environment. The facility is clean and all the staff is nice. There are lots of different kinds of activities that they can participate in. They also have a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. It's really a beautiful place.

November 04, 2011

By Joodles

Thumbs up to a facility who truely treat their residents to a warm, homey, confortable environment. It doesn't take long in a visit to see the type of top notch care given. A large impression left on me was a gentleman who was early to the dining area for breakfast. Staff were in prep stages and he ws apparently upset about something going on in his life and looked agitaged. Elaine, the woman in charge of Marketing took it upon herself to go into the kitchen - not once, but three times to make sure he had the juice he really wanted WITH ICE, and then took the initiative to bring him a little pre-breakfast as she talked and teased with him to help lift his mood. Her actions were warm and caring.Also note, the living options are all lovely and offer a nice variety of layout and size. I noticed singles and some couples...but in the end...it just seemed like a big friendly neighborhood bunch! Impressive!

Questions about Sunrise of Blue Bell

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise is an Authorized Validation Organization as we are committed to being leaders in the care of seniors. Each Reminiscence resident is assigned a designated Life Enrichment Manager (LEM) who is responsible for creating a care plan based on the resident’s personal preferences, in order to help experience meaning and purpose each day. Every Reminiscence team member learns to see the world through each resident’s eyes. Team members are trained to use the techniques of the Validation Method in order to empathize with each resident and enhance their dignity. The Sunrise Reminiscence Program provides personalized programs that can include multisensory experiences, daily exercise and outings, group activities, and visits with children and pets, depending on the person. A Reminiscence care plan may include: Help with personal hygiene and grooming Dressing and clothes selection Showering/ bathing Assistance with eating Continence management Mobility Socializing Medication management

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Blue Bell offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Each day, our communities offer a blend of activities and outings that enrich the body, mind, and spirit. On a typical day, you will find music activities, light exercise or yoga classes, food and conversation events, games, and current events discussions. Our activities programming is designed to bring together residents, team members, families, and volunteers—and turn each day into an opportunity for everyone to Live With Purpose.

What places are near Sunrise of Blue Bell or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Close to Einstein Hospital, Abington Hospital, Suburban Community Hospital, Abington Lansdale Hospital, Chestnut Hill Hospital, and many doctor offices and rehabs. Near a variety of lifestyle and convenience offerings, including Plymouth Meeting Mall, McCaffrey's Food Market, Kohl's, and Home Goods

What transportation services does Sunrise of Blue Bell offer to assisted living residents?

Sunrise of Blue Bell has a Sunrise bus that our residents are able to take advantage of during outings to lunch, shopping, parks, concerts, museums and more! We also have a list of transportation services for private transportation to doctor appointments off site.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Blue Bell exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Blue Bell offer to assisted living residents?

Newly refreshed, the community's design helps residents make the most of each day. From short hallways and thoughtful furniture placement to intimate nooks perfect for sharing food, games and conversation. Our main entrance requires a code from the hours of 8pm to 8am and in between those hours our concierge is monitoring those who come in and out of the building. All other entry ways prompt for a code/key for access.

How does Sunrise of Blue Bell keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Sunrise CareConnect, the secure and dependable electronic health system helps our teams to deliver the best individualized care. By electronically centralizing our records, your care team is able to: -Personalize your care by inputting real-time updates about your needs, including medication reminders and other activities of daily living -Give your family and healthcare providers regular updates and adjust your care as necessary - Securely track, manage, and document care and services, including medical appointments, as they happen. -Keep track of your personal preferences, such as the activities you enjoy, so we can continue to provide programming tailored for you

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Blue Bell during daytime and nighttime hours?

Since we track, manage, and document care and services as they happen in real-time, we are able to staff to meet the changing needs of our residents as we know that each resident has their own unique needs and preferences. As a Sunrise resident, you will receive care from our team of serving hearts. At Sunrise, we hire people who believe in implementing our Core Values and Principles of Service each and every day. To prepare for their role in the community, all new employees attend our internationally recognized training program offered through Sunrise University. Our residents and families have the peace of mind knowing that there is 24 hour care in our community. Our team at Sunrise of Blue Bell is comprised of Designated Care Managers, Medication Technicians, Wellness Nurses, a Life Enrichment Manager, an Activities & Volunteer Coordinator, a Personal Care Coordinator, and a Reminiscence Coordinator.

If Sunrise of Blue Bell accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

At Sunrise, we love animals and appreciate the importance of pets in people’s lives. You are welcome to bring your own pet that you care for yourself. We do ask that residents who are owners of pets utilize the safety of a leash when outside the residents' rooms. We do have a walking path perfect for walking a dog! Every Sunrise community has a resident cat or dog. When you walk into a Sunrise community, you are often greeted by a sweet and obedient dog or you may spot the community cat curled up in its favorite resident’s lap. These pets live at the community full-time and are truly part of our Sunrise family. In fact, many of our communities are home to senior pets, who we've adopted from local animal shelters.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

To prepare for new team members' roles in the community, all new employees attend our internationally recognized training program offered through Sunrise University. All team members receive shadowing and hands-on training along with continued online training. .

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Since we track, manage, and document care and services as they happen in real-time, we are able to staff to meet the changing needs of our residents as we know that each resident has their own unique needs and preferences. We have 24 hour care in our Memory Care Neighborhood. If you would like to learn more about the staffing at specific times of the day, please feel free to reach out to us directly and speak with our Reminiscence Coordinator or Executive Director.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Blue Bell provide to protect residents who wander?

At Sunrise, we offer Reminiscence, a neighborhood specially designed for people living with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other forms of memory loss. These are calm and secure areas that are designed so resident suites are located next to living and dining areas, promoting easy navigation and social interaction. Our memory care services feature separate areas, memory-focused activities, and Life Enrichment Managers who are trained in Validation® Therapy and other special memory care techniques.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Blue Bell offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

At Sunrise, we care for our residents living with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other forms of memory loss by focusing on each unique individual, not the disease or lost abilities. We take the time to get to know the resident and his or her experiences, talents, preferences, and abilities, so that we may provide pleasant days. At Sunrise, we offer opportunities to engage, enjoy, express, learn, and grow each day. At every community, our dedicated activities team develops an extensive calendar tailored to your specific needs and preferences.

Sunrise CareConnect, the secure and dependable electronic health system found in most Sunrise communities, helps our teams to deliver the best individualized care. By electronically centralizing our records, your care team is able to: •Personalize your care by inputting real-time updates about your needs, including medication reminders and other activities of daily living •Give your family and healthcare providers regular updates and adjust your care as necessary •Keep track of your personal preferences, such as the activities you enjoy, so we can continue to provide programming tailored for you •Securely track, manage, and document care and services, including medical appointments, as they happen Our Memory Care team is comprised of Designated Care Managers, a Life Enrichment Manager, a Reminiscence Coordinator overseeing the neighborhood, Wellness Nurses, and a Resident Care Director all continuously assessing residents' health, including cognitive functioning.

What techniques does Sunrise of Blue Bell use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Sunrise of Blue Bell's Reminiscence Dining room is a bright, calming area. Our Designated Care Managers are the ones assisting residents in the dining room. Therefore, they know our residents' unique dining needs and preferences. They are able to assist the resident with dining. There are modified diets offered, per physician orders. Yellow fiesta china is also utilized for appetite and visual enhancement. Menu choices are offered visually as well as explained.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Blue Bell. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located in charming Blue Bell, PA, our intimate community has an elegance with a distinctive Victorian look and feel. Stunning, lush views of the private Bluestone Golf Featuring a comfortable porch, sunroom, walking paths, a garden flanked by huge landmark trees, and a secure outdoor patio in our Reminiscence Neighborhood, residents and their families often describe our community as welcoming, friendly, and warm.

Photos of Sunrise of Blue Bell

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Pets: Yes

About Sunrise of Blue Bell

Overlooking a beautiful 18-hole private golf course, Sunrise of Blue Bell sits nestled in a beautiful suburban location blessed with horse trails and farms. We pride ourselves in our dedication to the quality of life of all our residents.

Services & Care Options Offered: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice - Home Care Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Blue Bell