Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester

Reviews of Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester

Nursing Home Reviews for Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester

July 07, 2017

By tamb

My father spent over 3 months at this facility and I was very impressed! From the beginning of his stay, we were welcomed and greeted with open arms. Everyone was always willing to answer any questions and help us in anyway. The facility is very clean! I highly recommend the nursing and therapy staff. My father was excited to go home but he misses the staff at Heritagespring! Thanks for taking such wonderful care of my father!

June 09, 2017

By family614

My mom was admitted to long term care in February. We left another facility because we were unsatisfied with the care we received. Since arriving here we have been very happy with the care we have received and all the staff we have been in contact with. The facility is kept very clean and the activities provided for the residents are great. We really love the care my mom receives and would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

June 08, 2017

By crystalc_2003

Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my grandmother after a total hip replacement. The nurses And nurse aides were very accommodating and the administration as well as admissions coordinators were very inviting. I was able to rest easy at night knowing my loved one was in good hands. The therapy team was amazing and had my grandma walking in 2 weeks and that's saying a lot after the long road she had been down! By far the most beautiful atmosphere I've seen in long term care and I've toured many buildings! Thank you Heritagespring for a great stay!

February 16, 2017

By one7three

Other

I would not recommend this place to anyone that actually cares about their family. My relative was on rehab and she was not satisfied with one of the aide. Left my relative crying because she was so mean. I believe her name was Kayla. We spoke to the Rachel's and was told that the situation was taken care of but she continued to come back into her room. Made her stay there horrible. She took no pride in patient care nor did the nurse. The aides work short and like slaves all the time and the nurses never pitch in to help. They walk pass lights and I'm very familiar with the health care field to that fact that there is a no pass zone.. My relative loved Clarissa, that really tall girl. She wishes she could have taken her home. Sweetest thing. She was ready to leave given that they are always short staffed which I saw for my own eyes and the fact that I came in and there wasn't a aide in sight for a whole hour and half. There was another one that my relative loved I just can't think of her name. It might have been Misty! I believe if people would work together in that place it would be a great facility. There is no team work, unorganized, and to many people with titles and not doing any work. It's really sad they don't value great patient care!

November 29, 2016

By Dis-appointed

I would not recommend this facility. My mother-in-law was in for rehab. for knee removal. She would buzz the nurses for assistance to go pee. She would have to wait up the 20-30 minutes for help. Nurses would be in Nursing station shooting the breeze every time I was there (Daily). On Tues I set it up to take her out on Sat. Reminded them Thurs & Fri. They told me when they would be done with IV antibiotic. IV was started 45 min later then I was told. The Buzzer buzzed for 30 min Telling us IV was done. I told them 4 times before they came to turn it off and finish up. I would not have been upset but there were 7-9 Aides/nurses sitting in/around nurses station each time I said something. I was not a happy camper. Also Food trays would sit in her room for hours.

September 13, 2016

By Ky22

Although Heritage springs has a clean and inviting atmosphere, the care by aids and nurses is lacking. At one point I asked a nurse to help me get my mom on the toilet...her response...I'm going on break so you will need to find someone else. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I did not report the incident as I didn't want her to take it out on my mom. When my mom passed away, only one nurse said how sorry she was for my loss. While removing my mom's items...no one else said a word about her passing. To me this showed a lack of caring. This is an expensive facility and not worth the money we paid.

May 05, 2015

By advocate2015

Don't place anyone here! It is terrible. We took my Dad out as soon as we found another place open. When he was admitted, no one even welcomed us or told us what procedures they had in place. I got locked in a hallway because no one told me there was a code. We pressed the call button and no one came. The man next door had his TV blaring. We switched rooms 3 times that night (the same day my Dad had been in the hospital and he was exhausted). All the TVs were so loud. The doctor that came in didn't even read his chart and thought he was taking Xanax and diuretics (only listed on his chart for emergencies). I couldn't wait to get him out of there. I didn't leave his side and was promised a recliner but slept on the floor on a pile of Depends! This place has serious issues!

October 31, 2014

By kpm

Very poor medical assessments. Very poor communication regarding end of life issues. Impersonal and overworked staff. Would never place another loved one there.

July 22, 2014

They have more to offer at Heritagespring. It's a cleaner, nicer nursing home. They have their accidents out in the hallway, but they seem to get everything cleaned up. The food is better there. There might be times there might be food trays laying around in the dining rooms, but they seem to get things cleaned up as quickly as possible. The dining rooms and the hallways are nicer. It's a much newer-looking building. That area is very nice. There's a big pond across the street. They put tablecloths on their dining tables, and everything just looked better there. There were times that my wife was complaining about the staff not getting to her fast enough there. Sometimes it was good. The last time before she left there, she was screaming, yelling, had a lot of complaints about what should have been done or followed upon. On both floors, they have a game room. They can go in and they can get on the internet in there. They have games they can pull out. They have slot machines that they use their coins in, and if they need coins, the machine will spit them out, or they can go ask for more coins and they just pull the handle on these different slot machines. It has a nice big piano in the middle of it on one floor, and it has a beauty shop.

July 22, 2011

By dhr

I agree that Heritagespring is all about the money. My mother's bill was incorrect every month...always in Heritagespring's favor. I am not talking a few dollars...hundreds of dollars. The administration avoids families...I tried for over 4 months to speak with the admisnitraion and was never able to talk to anyone nor did anyone return my calls. I was at the facility visiting my mother daily and seldom say a RN. A chari/bed alarm would ring for a long time before anyone checked on the resident. I know on at least 2 occasions my mother fell and it was a visitor who finally investigated why the alarm was going off...thus the visitor was the one who got the staff who ignored the alarm. Although my mother seemed content at Heritagespring, she often complained that the aids were rough with her. Heritagespring is a beautiful facility that is clean but is lacking in most other ways.

About Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester

Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester is a senior living provider in West Chester, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heritagespring Healthcare Center of West Chester