Bickford of Lancaster

Reviews of Bickford of Lancaster

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Lancaster

January 26, 2017

By Michelle048343

Bickford of Lancaster was clean and updated. It seemed like a lot of the staff knew all of the people who live there and that there was a relationship between the people that work there and the people that live there. I liked that about it. Also, I liked the way that they kept their facilities secure.

June 16, 2016

By Susan057567

Bickford was one in Lancaster that I toured. It was a little higher class. The thing that really jumped out to me about Bickford was their memory care unit called Mary B’s. I was so impressed with their Alzheimer’s unit. The staff at Mary B’s was wonderful. Their hiring process went above and beyond the normal hiring process for any type of assisted living facility. For the memory care, what really made a huge impression on me was that they have what they call stations throughout the memory care unit. One may have a vanity table with boas, some jewelry, and fancy hats to wear. They find out the patient’s history, what they enjoyed doing from the time they were a child throughout their lives, so that they really get a good picture of what that person’s life has been. If they are having a bad day or just a bad episode, they can redirect them to one of these stations in the hall that they can connect with. The person that did the tour at Bickford was very young and was quite good at the presentation he gave. He was very knowledgeable and very caring. I had another appointment to tour another facility after Bickford, and he was aware of that, but he dragged the tour on for a long time. That was probably the only downside of the whole day. The tour at Bickford took a long time and I think it was just because of the young man who was doing the tour.

September 01, 2015

By Downtowngirl

Our family member was a refused a 'key fob' that is necessary to enter or leave the building, without our knowledge. When I inquired as to why, I was told they have been waiting for a nurse to arrive to make an assessment. Good luck trying to talk to a live person anywhere in the main office. Even their emergency hotline sends you to voice mail and states that they will return your call within 48 hours. Really?? 48 hours! You've got to be kidding!

Thank you for your feedback. Resident safety is always critically important to us. We appreciate your patience through this transition as we ensure a more secure home for your loved one. Our Lancaster Branch Director is available on site or by phone after hours to discuss any concerns and you may have.

November 16, 2013

By Phyllis Gerken

I recently transferred a parent to the Inn at Fairfield Village. Our family has had extensive knowledge of assisted living facilities as our parents have resided in this type of facility for several years. I cannot say enough about the lengths the staff have gone to in an effort to make our parent feel at home. The meals truly taste homemade and the choices for menu selections seems to cater to the tastes of our parents' generation. It is so important to me that staff are responsive to my parent's needs and I am seeing this consistently. Excellent communication with building management have made this transition smoother than I ever expected.

October 09, 2013

The "Village Inn" was a beautiful and nicely laid out community. They did have a lot of common areas for their residents. It was just very pleasant there. Their rooms were quite roomy, but I wanted more of an apartment-type setting. Most of their rooms include a bedroom, a bathroom, and a mini kitchen. To me, it was just like an oversized bedroom. Their staff was very pleasant and friendly. They have a minister coming every Sunday. I knew a couple of ladies that live there and they love the place. They did have a lot of things to do for their residents. I also saw their menu and it was quite versatile as far as selections. The only thing I didn't like about this facility was that if I want to have my laundry done or if I need any assistance in dressing or anything like that, I have to pay an extra fee. They also would charge you $45 to take you to the doctors and back.

July 12, 2013

By Melinda J.

My brother and I visited the facility on July 9, 2013. Julie the marketing director was very personable and knowledgeable and answered all our concerns. We didn't care for the way a nurse treated one patients that we were able to observe. Not nice at all and very curt. She also ignored another patient who was asking her a question. People did not seem happy at this place. We were looking for a place to accomodate our mother and sister. The apartments did not meet our expectations as they were too small for our family. The rooms range in size from 299 sq. ft. to the largest being 460 sq. ft. They would have to be placed in the smallest traditional suite and move up per list.

July 28, 2011

Other

I recently moved my mother into this facility. I had toured three other facilities in our area and felt that this facility had the most to offer and quite frankly had the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff. I have been an LPN for 40 years, 30 of those years were spent in skilled geriatric care, mostly Alzheimer's patients. Even with this experience, I found that things were totally different from the family"s point of view. This facility has met all of my mother's needs, encouraging her to eat regularly, and socialize with other residents. They make sure she takes her medications properly and help her with her personal hygiene. The staff shows that they care about their residents and they truly enjoy their jobs. I have been a frequent visitor, as have my two brothers, and never have we seen a staff member walk past a resident, visitor, or family member without offering a kind word and a genuine smile. I could not be happier with my choice of facilities for my 91 year old mother!

Costs for Bickford of Lancaster

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 2461R

About Bickford of Lancaster

Welcome to Bickford Of Lancaster, one of Ohio's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford Of Lancaster is conveniently located on Countryside Drive, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Illinois senior living community.

At Bickford of Lancaster, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Lancaster. Each resident of our Illinois assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Lancaster senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Lancaster. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Lancaster assisted living in Illinois, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Lancaster