Wesley Glen Retirement Community

5155 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214
Wesley Glen Retirement Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Wesley Glen Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Wesley Glen Retirement Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Wesley Glen Retirement Community

September 30, 2014

My aunt is living at Wesley Glen now and we were thinking about having my mom go there too. It covers all areas, which was one of the reasons why we kind of wanted to look at it because the one where she is going is just assisted living, so she wouldn't have to move. The staff was very, very nice and they were very friendly, and people were friendly there. I thought the place was very large, but it was dated. The apartments were very, very nice, and I would say they probably were more spacious, but the corridors were narrower and darker; it just wasn't uplifting or inviting as the one where my mother is going. They could do better lighting.

September 17, 2013

By Deborah19

Wesley Glen is absolutely wonderful. Mom has been there since May and she's in independent plus. It has everything from independent, independent plus, assisted living to memory care. They have lots of services, hairdressers and nail salons right at the facility. The food is good and mom absolutely loves it. The independent plus works great.

August 29, 2013

By Sheldon1

It was kind of an upscale facility and it was very nice. The food was good. However, It was too expensive for us.

August 26, 2013

By Betsy6

I chose this place for my mother because it's close to me. We also got the most for our money with the health care that they provide. The facility itself has lots of equipment. They have lots of programs. One of the things that were really big that sold mom on Wesley Glen was that bridge was consistently available. The people and residents there are wonderful. We decided to stay rather than move. The food is great. My mother has a one bedroom apartment. She has a small living room and a little kitchenette. It has an attached little bedroom. She has a better closet space than the other places we visited. They're caring and accommodating. Sometimes she's bothered by the housekeeping because it's not perfect but it's good. Personally, I think the best thing about the place is the staff and the residents themselves. I would definitely recommend this place. I think it's the best. The only thing they should improve on is the housekeeping since my mom is a perfectionist. She had a housekeeper that she really liked. When she moved to a different part, they weren't able to arrange that she would have the same one that she really liked; that would be the thing that would almost make everything perfect.

July 12, 2011

By 4ri5Hip

Wesley Glen is a full service retirement center. My mother moved in thinking she would be in independent living, but clearly she needed assisted living. Wesley Glen went out of its way to accommodate her. The stored her furniture and personal possessions without charge, she was monitored very closely, and when she began to fail reacted quickly and appropriately. After a hospital stay, WG brought her back to their nursing facility and provided hospice care for the final days. What makes this service so special is that it all transpired within a month, from her admission to death. She was not a long-term client to whom WG had become attached. It made no difference. The only reason I do not give WG a 5 Star rating is because I came to feel that the mixing of "independent" and "assisted" clients together has a depressing impact upon those who are in poor health who must watch the heath be praised for their accomplishments and longevity.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance
  • Meal Preparation

About Wesley Glen Retirement Community

Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis. Monthly Fee Plan also available (Price higher Monthly Fee)

Map of Wesley Glen Retirement Community