The Laurels of Greentree Ridge

Reviews of The Laurels of Greentree Ridge

Nursing Home Reviews for The Laurels of Greentree Ridge

February 05, 2017

By yakke fan

The nurses are nice when see them ,¡ very slow it take over a hour to answer bell not right some Need more attention this really needs to be e looked into

October 09, 2016

By dmsmd

In 25 years of working in hospitals and nursing homes, I've never seen such a filthy, unsanitary health care facility. My mother's floor was never completely clean, and the blood- and stool-soiled toilet went 48 hours without cleaning once, until I asked a nurse to clean it. Thereafter, I would clean it myself as needed. Soiled clothes were often dropped in a drawer rather than in the hamper sitting inches away, despite a MRSA wound infection and bloody drainage. The PT/OT staff were above average and the nursing and CNA staff were mostly concerned and helpful (albeit slow, as previously noted), but housekeeping and infection control were not high management priorities or staff activities. I recommend looking elsewhere, especially after seeing identical complaints in a review from two years ago.

September 07, 2014

By Oriented

Find another place to care for anyone. The PT staff was great, the nurses and CNAs seem to care and try but there aren't nearly enough of them especially at night, and the administrative staff is horrible. The facility stunk the whole time and sanitary protocol was pretty much non-existent. My mother got 5 truly terrible pressure sores that they didn't tell us about for a long time, including both feet which took over a year to heal, and she'll never be able to walk well again. They tried to refuse to let us take her to wound care, which the surgeon ordered after he discovered them when we took her for a follow-up visit - probably didn't want word to get out, but we did take her to the Wound Care practice, and I don't mind telling everyone about it. The food was a crime (example: American cheese on a piece of toast and potato chips for supper), and the doctors aren't exactly detail oriented. If they were, people wouldn't get worse and suffer like they do.

May 22, 2012

By needachange

My mother was at the laurels for short term rehab and I didn't think very highly of the facility. It is clean and the nurses do there job but not in a timly mannor. My mother would have to wait 30 min after ringing the call bell for someone to help her to the restroom, they would sit her there, leave and not return for 30-45 min! I think they have 1 CNA to 15 patients which is not enough and the nurses have attitude problems. Same with the admin staff, nice one moment and rude the next. I would not say this is the worst facility but I would hope this is not the best. Oh and I find it interesting that the week the state was coming to inspect they had the place fully staffed and kept cleaning the floors and rooms. Something to hide? I would say so.

August 30, 2011

By ToniToni

While visiting this facility, we noticed that the patients here all seemed to be very active and vital. There were activities going on in three different rooms (or groups) and the dining room was full of other people visiting patients. The food looked pretty good and they were very quick about clearing the dishes from the rooms. The only issue I saw in the facility was that the visitors bathroom was out of hand soap, but when I told the front desk they immediately fixed the issue.

Services and Amenities of The Laurels of Greentree Ridge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 01/01/2020

About The Laurels of Greentree Ridge

The Laurels of Greentree Ridge is a senior living provider in Asheville, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Laurels of Greentree Ridge for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Laurels of Greentree Ridge