Sprain Brook Manor N H

Reviews of Sprain Brook Manor N H

Nursing Home Reviews for Sprain Brook Manor N H

June 28, 2012

By gpantore

The facility was decent. I remember the lobby being dirty and smelling like a funeral home which put me off but when I saw the rest of the building I was not as upset. My grandfather enjoyed most of his stay there, other than the unruly roommate he was given (which many people in the home agreed that his roommate should have been in his own room). The nursing staff was for the most part very friendly and helpful although there was one occasion where the nurse completely ignored my grandfather when he told them he needed his colostomy bag changed and it began to leak. He was able to participate in daily activities and Catholic mass/receive communion, which means a lot to him so that was great. One thing I really did not like was the fact that his case was handled by a social worker, not a doctor, and the social worker decided when he was fit to go home. I found this to be ridiculous and it must have had something to do with money and insurance.

May 01, 2011

By Sunday

Friend or relative of resident

My Mom was recently a patient in Sprain Brook Manors' short term rehab & I must say that I was extremely pleased. The P.T. & O.T. she received was given by Dawn & her very caring group therapists.They work tirelessly. Everyone that our family came in contact with was so personable, you felt so at ease. Joni at the desk couldn't be more helpful and it seems she's ALWAYS there. Recreation time with Helen & her staff is very interesting, book clubs and more. Just check the calendar for all the events Helen has planned. Amy Mandizibal and her nursing staff are very competent, caring people. You get to know your Nurses & CNA's well. The location is perfect from anywhere, right off Central Ave. or the Sprain Pkwy. Lastly, the food is extremely edible, we really couldn't complain, and they offer guest trays. Sprain Brook Manor's food is definitely better than she'd had in the hospital. So, if you're deciding where to go for yourself or family member, Sprain Brook Manor is the place to go. It isn't home, but it comes close.

April 23, 2011

By Kevin O

Friend or relative of resident

I have found the staff at Sprain Brook Manor very warm and caring. I was hesitant to have my father stay here for rehab due to the low rating, but it was close to me and I figured it would only be temporary. I was pleasantly surprised. The recreation activities were wonderful, and the rehab staff got him up and moving. It was a pleasure.

Services and Amenities of Sprain Brook Manor N H

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Sprain Brook Manor N H

Sprain Brook Manor N H is a senior living provider in Scarsdale, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sprain Brook Manor N H for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sprain Brook Manor N H