Absolut At Orchard Park

Reviews of Absolut At Orchard Park

Nursing Home Reviews for Absolut At Orchard Park

September 21, 2014

By Jeffrey S

My father in-law recently stayed in the Absolute Care facility September 12th through the 19th. I would not recommend my worst enemy to that facility. We asked for simple things like timely bathroom trips and they would come 45 minutes afterwards and sometimes not at all. My father inlaw didn't want to drink or eat too much for fear of soiling himself which happened a few times when we weren't there. The night crew was even worst. When we complained they said he would be put him on an every 2 hour ask, but that never happened. The bathroom was a disgrace. The toilet leaked and we demanded to have it fixed. The Staff's said we do not have maintenance working on the weekend. 4 days later it was finally fixed. The halls of the facility smell. Much of the staff was not helpful offering lip service only. The therapist (Chelsea) was good. The food was awful, very unhealthy for a type 2 diabetic. The staff liked to sit at their desks. Not sure what they were doing. Very demeaning to the patients. One woman begged to go to her room. It was about 10:00. She was crying. I loaned her my phone to call her husband and I asked the staff why isn't she being put to her room. The nurse on staff said something to the effect that she needed to stay up. I think the commotion of myself and the woman calling her husband finally made them act. The nurses always seemed to blame the patients. For example, they don't know how to use the call button, is the reason they don't get the service etc etc. The place smelled and was dirty. The beds were old, the bedding worn out, a really disgrace. He barely was washed during the week. I feel sorry for all the old people who have to stay there. Thank God, the Father Baker facility took him this week. The place is a real blessing. So much better. Please do not make the mistake we did in bringing our loved one to that facility. Jeff

October 14, 2013

By Joan716

My husband was there for rehab, I took him home 3 days later, this place is filthy, the food was horrible, it was inedible & served cold! I can guarantee you the owners of Absolut Care wouldn't eat it. My husband was told not to get up alone but he would call the nurse and no one come, or they would say they will be right there and maybe show up 15 minutes later. I tried to discuss my concerns with the supervisor and she just nodded and smiled, nothing changed. My husband got better rehab at home with home health. It is very dreary inside and the smell isn't just of urine but old moldy smell underneath the urine smell.

December 27, 2011

By John C1

This facility took upmost care of their residents and always placed their needs first. One of their greatest features, is that they had two facilities, one assisted living, and one nursing home, the two being located just across the street from each other. I've had the displeasure of knowing people who get calls in the middle of the night from assisted living facilites letting them know their loved one is being sent to the hospital and they need to be there with them. With Absolute Care, should something happen to your family member in the assisted living homes, they are simply brought across the street for their necessary treatment. It certainly makes everything much easier on the family, and I imagine it is better for the patient.

June 23, 2011

By SlipBlai

The care that my grandmother received at Absolut Care was top notch. When we toured the facility, it was clean and the staff did everything possible to be friendly and make my grandmother feel comfortable. Because this was such a difficult decision, our family wanted to be sure that my grandma's needs were best taken care of and we chose the "family" at Absolut Care because of the sincerity of the staff and fact that they took the time to answer all of our questions. It didn't just feel like a typical hospital or nursing home facility. It felt like my grandma would be able to maintain a similar standard of living while being looked after and helped out when she is in need. The staff was sensitive to my grandma's needs, yet let her attempt to do many things on her own without being too intrusive or overprotective.

About Absolut At Orchard Park

Absolut At Orchard Park is a senior living provider in Orchard Park, New York that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Absolut At Orchard Park for more details on services and rates.

Map of Absolut At Orchard Park