Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Home Care, Adult Day Care, and Memory Care

68 Hauppauge Rd, Commack, NY 11725
Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

December 26, 2016

By Smart lady

Terribly run. Medications are late. Interfere with rehab time. Aids are nice and work hard. Do. Not put anyone you love here.

November 28, 2016

By doggie, dog

My family member is in the nursing home and certain shifts are good and then you have terrible charge nurses on other shifts that are very disrespectful to family members, and only care about themselves and not the family member they are supposed to be taking care of. The family is supposed to feel safe with their loved ones there and taken care of but not in this situation. At one time Gurwin was a good facility but in the last few years sorry I cannot say that any more. This is to all staff, "IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB OR ARE TIRED OF IT MOVE ON AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE YOUR ATTITUDE SURE DOES REFLECT IT, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE."

April 02, 2015

By Mccampbell6

The aides can't be bothered if you really need some help. You can ring the bell and they take forever. Most if not all have a very bad attitude. Hoping to get mom out ASAP.

May 28, 2014

By daughter of residents

My parent recently lived (Mar 2014( at Gurwin for for two months before we took him out and had him go home to live with an aide. I give a date because in reading reviews on this place it is very important to note. First let me say that the physical therapy and occupational therapy team is TOP notch. They truly do care and work very hard. They feel it is important to build relationships with their residents . They were wonderful. Unfortunately, that's where my positive review ends. Working in the town of this facility for over 30 years, I had heard wonderful things about it. After getting my parent there, I found out that they are running on a past reputation. They have changed quite a bit, mixing different levels of mental capacities together, making socialization a difficult one. In the morning, you are often awakened at 4:00-5:00am to get dressed because they have so many residents to get up. If you are unable to go to dining room and dine in your room, your food is consistently delivered cold to your room, with items missing from the tray.One morning, my parent was delivered someone else's already eaten breakfast! There are a few wonderful aides but most of them speak poor English and couldn't care less about the welfare of the people left in their care. My parent was left in bed and had clothes thrown on his bed telling him to get dressed. ( he was wheelchair bound.) Several times he was left in the bathroom for over a half hour waiting for help to get out. It took me 6 weeks of asking to finally get his nails cut. Each time I asked I was told a different date that it would get done. If you are lucky enough to catch a nurse in the hall, they will give you little information. To this day, I don't know the meds my parent was being given or what they were for. My parent was on a diabetic diet and given cookies, cakes, etc with each cold meal. I could go on and on, but will stop here. Anyone reading this gets my pony by now.

February 24, 2012

By rugged

There is nothing that I don't love about Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. My grandmother has been a resident here for over four and a half years. She absolutely loves it and the entire family loves the fact that she is receiving the best care possible. The entire staff is well trained and extremely professional. I personally feel very comfortable about this nursing home because none of the staff takes advantage of the residents. The food is made with the finest ingredients and with lots of time and care. My mother and I visit there at least twice per month and there has not been a time that we visited and it was not perfectly clean. I highly recommend this facility to anyone looking into making their loved one a resident here. It is perfectly located for anyone that lives in New York City or Long Island. It is a much need bonus that the cost to stay at this facility is very reasonable.

September 30, 2011

By old school livin

There are plenty of stereotypes when it comes to assisted living homes. But despite of popular belief claims, sending a family member to live in one doesn't actually confine them to a life of sitting and playing cards. Gurwin Jewish residences sits on a 47-acre plot of land and has amenities you'd only dream of having at home - an outdoor Olympic-sized pool, manicured gardens, a theater and concert program, free membership to the Suffolk Y JCC - and a huge group of people to enjoy them with.Thumbs up in my book

Photos of Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Services and Amenities of Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a renowned healthcare provider located on Long Island, NY which offers a full continuum of services. The Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a 5-star, 460-bed facility providing services for short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care, home care programs, a medical and a social adult day health program, ventilator dependent care, palliative and hospice care, a new Memory Care Unit and on-site dialysis. The Gurwin Family of Services also includes the 201-apartment Gurwin Jewish ~ Fay J. Lindner assisted living community, and the proposed Fountaingate Gardens independent living community, to be built on the Commack campus.

Map of Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center