Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation (973) 540-9800

Reviews of Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

December 04, 2014

I was transferred here at Morris Hills Center from the hospital. The food has its drawbacks. The room is spacious and clean. They could paint the walls inside because there were a lot of chips, and that affects the overall look of the room.

July 12, 2013

Morris Hills Center is close to home. My mom has a room that she shares with someone else. It is a decent-sized room, but it wouldn't matter to her because she has Alzheimer's. Their food there also is fine. What I can say about my experience with this facility was that you always have to check in and make sure everything is okay because sometimes things don't happen the way you want them to. I also noticed that their staff is overworked. The facility is somewhat small and I wish it has more spaces for residents to go outside of their rooms. I would like for them to have open outdoor areas for their residents; however I can understand why they would be in small spaces. I know how difficult it is to manage their residents. My number 1 priority is my mom's safety, and she is safe there.

June 22, 2013

By caring010617

I visited Morris Hills and it was right across the street from the hospital. The facility was new. It was light and airy. I would only recommend this place if you were ambulatory and had great family involvement and do not spend all your time there. However, if you're one dependent on home health aides and there's resident doctors for your care, it's kind of a bleak outlook in terms of your treatment plan. To live here, you really have to be highly functioning to take care of yourself.

January 25, 2012

By StormDeep

My relative has been a resident of this facility for many years. While I have not witnessed outright abuse, there has been indications of neglect. Residents who cannot go to the bathroom on their own are often left to sit in their soiled diaper for over 12-14 hours. I understand staff is often not available, especially on weekends, but excuses run thin when you witness your loved one in discomfort. Aides also leave residents hanging by themselves in a hoyer lift, and frequently snap at the residents. Again, this frustration is understandable when the staff-to-patient ratio is disproportionate, but even if an aide doesn't like their job they're still paid to be professional.Cleanliness is another factor. While most nursing homes have an odor about them, the smell in the hallways is often unbearable. The facility does try to meet dietary requirements, but only to a certain extent. They'll match preferences, such as not giving fruit to those who dislike it or offering lactose-free milk, but everything is either laden with salt or too dry to be considered food. One may argue it's a large facility so not everyone's needs will be met, but put yourself in the person's position: if you had to eat such food every day the rest of your life, how long would it be until you stopped eating?The one and only bright spot is the nursing home's physical therapy department. It may be due to the fact the facility also has a sub-acute unit that serves patients recovering from illness and injury from the nearby hospital, but the physical and occupational therapists are always cheerful and knowledgeable. They take their time with each patient, making them feel special and encouraging them every step of the way. If my relative wasn't going to be here long, I would definitely recommend Morris Hills for a SHORT TERM STAY ONLY for this reason alone.This is one of the few facilities in Morris County, New Jersey that accepts Medicaid patients. Unfortunately, it lives up to the stereotype of state-assisted centers where there is little care and even less attention given to the people who need it most.

July 26, 2011

By DoiingTheRightThing

1 star is very generous for this place. Beware! it is on the Medicare D list of approved places! I wouldn't bring my garbage here! My father-in-law was put in here after a heart attack. He rec'd no care, but whenever you call, he's down doing his exercises. We were told he could walk. He couldn't. The day we picked him up, he was taken out of his room early in the a.m. & placed in a room to wait until 5pm for us to pick him up. He was wheeled outside by a staff member without his coat on,(dead of winter),without release instructions or list of medications! His paperwork was mailed afterwards. This place looks beautiful. Don't let looks fool you. The staff even tried to take dad's oxygen (which he paid for) because another patient needed it! Avoid at ALL COSTS

Photos of Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

Services and Amenities of Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

• Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation

morristownhc.com

Morristown Post Acute Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a premier nursing home located directly across the street from Morristown Medical Center. Our center is ideally situated to serve as a bridge between hospital and home, and our high caliber of patient-centered care is recognized in our status as a member of Atlantic Health System’s esteemed FICT program. We take pride in delivering a comprehensive continuum of clinical excellence imbued with warmth and compassion.

Our multidisciplinary team of medical professionals develop personalized medical care plans that set our patients on the road to recovery and minimize re-hospitalization.

Our expansive continuum of care includes:

• Subacute Post-Operative Care
  • Ostomy Care
  • Cancer Care
  • Hospice & Palliative Care
  • Admissions Accepted 24/7

With our close proximity to Morristown Medical Center, our residents are assured access to the highest caliber of clinical care. Our center features a full-time nurse practitioner and respiratory therapist, a constant physician presence, and regular rounds by leading specialists. In addition, we have our own diagnostic equipment allowing us to treat our residents in place– avoiding the need to transport them elsewhere for testing… and for residents who require dialysis the Davita Renal Center is right nearby.

Map of Morristown Post Acute and Rehabilitation