Saint Francis Residential Community

Reviews of Saint Francis Residential Community

Independent Living Reviews for Saint Francis Residential Community

December 20, 2015

By Dawn36

St. Francis is homey and the people are nice. It’s new, clean, and the room sizes are big. There are a lot of things for them to do and lots of communal areas. They have a movie room, bingo every day, and they have this little room with a piano. Sometimes people come in and perform. It was a resident that took us around and let us see the rooms. When somebody moves in, they take out the carpets and put in new carpets. They make very comfortable for somebody moving in. It’s close to the hospital.

August 17, 2015

By Lou9

I like the independence that I have here in St. Francis. I live in an apartment and I cook for my self. I feel good that I can do things on my own. When I feel a little bored, there are plenty of things to do around here. I walk to the lobby and have coffee. There's also a long walk up to the library. It's an opportunity for me to feel independent and active so that my kids can enjoy their lives. I joined the men's club and we meet every two weeks. We create new ideas like new games for everyone to participate in. On a Monday and Thursday night, we can play Trivial Pursuit. We also have bingo and different entertainment in the lobby. One of the things that I really enjoy is that they have food on sale at the front desk. The price is fantastic. I'm very happy with my stay here at St. Francis. My son found this place for me when he was looking around.

August 13, 2015

By Peter34

St. Francis has been around longer than other communities. They offer something that some others do not offer and that is a warmer and more home-like atmosphere. They have a spiritual chapel that is more conducive and comfortable. The rooms are ample. I believe they are going to build new ones too. I feel like the residents are not being taken advantage of. Other places have different fees for every little things. Most of the things we at St. Francis are already inclusive such us parking spaces and other stuff.

Questions about Saint Francis Residential Community

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Saint Francis Residential Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We average about 110 residents at a time, the average age here is 82.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located within walking distance to downtown Denville, a vibrate community with many stores and restaurants.

What transportation services does Saint Francis Residential Community offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation to shops in downtown Denville as well transportation to medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Saint Francis Residential Community exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Chef is a Johnson & Wales graduate. We offer fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a roof top patio, wrap around porch and two multi season enclosed porches. We have a movie theatre, work out area, and multiple common public lounge type areas.

What safety features or security measures does Saint Francis Residential Community offer to independent living residents?

We offer 24 hours security, and an intercom system in every apartment and room.

If Saint Francis Residential Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Unfortunately, we have a no pet policy. However our resident dog, Peaches, will keep you company.

Does Saint Francis Residential Community work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with the local VNA to provide home care services and home health aide services.

Photos of Saint Francis Residential Community

Services and Amenities of Saint Francis Residential Community

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental.

• Housing Extra: Private Room Rentals W/Private Baths. Small, Large Rooms & Suites

• Dining Extra: Meals Included In Monthly Rent With Room And Suite Rentals

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: On S Ite Church, Roof Top Patio, Wrap Around Screened Porch, Laundry Facilities, Movie Theatre, Patios, Grand Lobby, 24 Hour Concierge, Medication Management, Shopping And Medical Transportation, Walking Paths, Gardens

• Technology Extra: Wii Fi In Shared Areas; Intercom Call System Throughout

• Activities Extra: Mens Club, Zumba, Daily Mass, Daily Rosary, Bocce

• Staff Patient Ratio: 4:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Saint Francis Residential Community

Located in the heart of downtown Denville, Saint Francis Residential Community is unique and affordable. With two levels of care on site, we offer living with assistance. We have the amenities of fine hotel, with a dining room which serves three full meals daily. Medication assistance, transportation and a full range of activities are just a few of the services we offer. Daily Mass is celebrated in our large on site chapel. Experience the comfort of 24 hour security in a non-profit facility with over a century of experience caring for others.

Map of Saint Francis Residential Community