CountryHouse – Omaha

Reviews of CountryHouse – Omaha

Memory Care Reviews for CountryHouse – Omaha

July 29, 2016

By AnJe

I have been extremely impressed with Country House. Their entire focus is on memory support and they do it very well. The caregiver to resident ratio is excellent (about 1 to 6 days and evenings.) The food is consistently delicious and I've noticed that they serve cut up fresh fruit at many meals, if not most. There are daily creative snacks, that residents sometimes assist in making. The building itself was designed to facilitate meeting the needs of dementia residents with home-like activity and seating areas . It is beautiful, with spacious rooms and a lovely courtyard with a nice little walking trail, putting green and nicely shaded patios. They provide tons of engaging activities and outings - the full time activities director is fantastic and I have yet to come across any staff that isn't kind, considerate and thoughtful. I have heard that staff turnover can be high (which is common in long term care) but from what I've seen, the staff members seem very pleasant and do not appear stressed. They have time to truly engage with the residents -- not just meet their physical needs. They seem to be well trained in how to work effectively with dementia residents. The management staff and nurses, as well as the caregivers, have all been very helpful in assisting me to navigate the challenging transition of my loved one to life there, and I simply cannot be more satisfied or grateful.

January 01, 2016

By A Caring Relative1

My grandmother is at Country House Residence. It is clean. However, there is high turnover with the staff. The food is terrible. In the memory care unit, the quality of care is good, but in the assisted living, it is not. My grandmother is in the memory care now, but she was in the assisted living. I would suggestion better attention to the residents. There's a lot of my grandmother's stuff comes up missing all the time, and nobody can find it, which is odd.

November 07, 2015

By Bjd045

I absolutely love this place! The director is incredibly responsive and the caregivers are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I feel my dad is safe and cared for in the most loving way. It is clean, smells good, and the new chef is fantastic!

January 18, 2015

By Alicia9

I've tasted the food at CountryHouse, and it was great. It was a fabulous place to visit. There were no odors. The staff was appropriately dressed. It was a great visit.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Costs for CountryHouse – Omaha

Photos of CountryHouse – Omaha

Services and Amenities of CountryHouse – Omaha

• Minimum Age: None

• About CountryHouse – Omaha

So long as you are living, you are on a journey - and there remains ample opportunity for joy and for wonder. That is our philosophy here at CountryHouse, and it guides everything we do on behalf of residents. We will not settle for providing a place for people just to grow stagnant. Instead, we seek to make every part of everyday truly engaging to the residents who stay with us - providing them with real joy and fulfillment..

Each house has gracious dining rooms, comfortable living rooms, and bedrooms clustered in quiet wings. There's a hands-on kitchen for residents to participate in simple food preparation activities. The residential layout enables friends to enjoy socializing together... or find peaceful seclusion. In addition, circular pathways encourage barrier-free walking, both indoors and out.

Amenities also include suite choices, a family dining room, salon/spa, secured entries, Wellness Office, spacious gathering rooms with fireplaces, and an enclosed courtyard with patio, gardens and water feature. Families enjoy visiting in the beautiful and comfortable common areas.

Map of CountryHouse – Omaha