Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Reviews of Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Addington Place of Shoal Creek

August 02, 2013

By KER32

Very beautiful, new community. Very much needed in the Northland. I like that it is 1 level so there are no stairs to get anywhere. I like that their memory care is small and has an outdoor space available to their residents whenever they want to use it. The grounds are well kept and common areas an nicely decorated. I also like that it's not a huge place, that can be overwhelming to some. The staff were all welcoming and the residents that I spoke to were happy , many sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs when I arrived and a staff member was attending to them to ensure they were hydrated brining them water and lemonade. The food smelled good, but there needs to be more "snacks" available in their "resident kitchen" my friend was told there would be snacks always available when they moved in and sometimes there are but could be more and a better variety. They has also mentioned she would like to have a better continental breakfast. All in all everyone seems happy there and it is a beautiful place and the staff seem to truly care about the people living there. I would not hesitate to move a family member or loved one in here if they needed assistance.

June 20, 2013

By Caring Respondent

Benton House Shoal Creek is a beautiful building, only a year old, and speaking for the Memory Care side, the staff was very nice, but that's all the compliments I can give. I was looking for a facility where Mom could live out her life. What Benton House and their contract doesn't tell you is that if your loved one gets Shingles, Scabies or probably any other contagion, they will be ejected from the facility without any regard of how they will be cared for. When Mom was kicked out we were told to take all her washable items with us. We were handed a sack with Mom’s meds/vitamins and later found they weren't all there. The administration seemed over-worked and under-staffed filling in for absent staff which I believe was the reason why my Mom was not attended to properly when she first arrived. She came out to meals but no one ever questioned who she was and what her care needs were. She wasn’t bathed, clothes weren’t washed and the room wasn’t cleaned for almost two weeks. Mom missed her bed time and morning meds the first day. I was told 2-3 outings a month when in fact they weren't even being discussed let alone actually happening. I was told an incorrect daily care price which increased my annual expense by $1830. The few dinners I ate were cold and sometimes too hard. (onion rings, baked potato) The "Standard" menu is suppose to be available all the time but I was told twice the kitchen was out of something we asked for. We have moved Mom to another facility but anyone familiar with Alzheimer's can tell you how traumatic and devastating multiple moves can be for these individuals. I suggest you think twice before placing your loved one here.

May 02, 2013

By Caring 4205

Benton House was too crowded. The rooms were quite small. There were additional fees for other additional services that my mother needed. The residents I spoke to seemed happy there. But I just did not feel it suited my mother.

Memory Care Reviews for Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Costs for Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Photos of Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Services and Amenities of Addington Place of Shoal Creek

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Addington Place of Shoal Creek

The 2nd oldest town west of the Mississippi River, Liberty is a place where the past meets the present. Its historic town square is made up of 100 year-old buildings, which house quaint shops, eateries and event venues. Annual events include the Fall Festival with a parade, entertainment, and delicious food. Live theater, music, beautiful parks, wineries, and William Jewell College round out Liberty’s unique offering. Nestled into the countryside of Kansas City, Liberty is a proud community that preserves the history of past generations and serves a new, younger generation of families.

Addington Place of Shoal Creek is dedicated to excellent senior living. Depending on the level of care that is needed, each resident enjoys a comforting blend of the independence they want, with the assistance they need. Our expertly-trained staff provides support based upon the individual care plan of each resident. With personal response systems and 24-hour access to staff, residents feel at ease knowing support is available whenever they need it.

Our community is designed with our residents in mind with a one-level floor plan to encourage friendly interaction and reduce confusion. Many of our residents have family within walking distance, so dinners and gatherings are frequent. Our residents look over a meadow in the morning and watch the sun set over the local swimming pool, listening to kids on summer break. Our raised garden beds come alive in the spring with vegetables and flowers planted by residents, who also enjoy the harvest of both. Addington Place of Shoal Creek thrives on the energy of our families and friends.

Our staff is devoted to compassionate, quality care so residents and their families enjoy comfort and peace of mind. Like nowhere else, Addington Place of Shoal Creek offers the care, services, amenities and central location that make us truly special.

Addington Place services can help balance our residents’ independence and support. Free from home upkeep chores, our residents can focus on family, friends and fun.

Assisted Living

Age does not diminish the basic human desire for independence, dignity, and choice. Addington Place seeks to fulfill for seniors what we all want each and every day—to be happy and healthy, to continue to contribute, and to have a voice in the direction of our lives.

Addington Place of Shoal Creek handles burdensome tasks such as cooking and cleaning, so residents can focus on the important things in life. Free from these chores, our residents can focus on family, friends and fun. But, with personal emergency response systems and 24-hour access to staff, residents feel at ease knowing support is available if needed.

Memory Care

A point of pride for our community is the separate, exclusive neighborhood dedicated to residents facing early stage memory loss. Bright and beautiful, our unique Beacon Neighborhoods feature an innovative design that is open and homelike yet keypad-protected. Residents also benefit from Daily Life, a special daily calendar that blends familiar routines with unique events. Higher staffing ratios and a dedicated neighborhood coordinator are hallmarks of this unique lifestyle.

Every member of the Cedarhurst team cherishes the people they serve and the care they provide. Our work is approached with love.

Map of Addington Place of Shoal Creek