Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Reviews of Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Addington Place of Shoal Creek

June 24, 2016

By Danny282780

I chose Benton House of Shoal Creek for my parents, and they’ve been there for about six weeks now. It’s a beautiful facility, and they get really good care. All of the staff knew my parents and were very friendly to me. I get phone calls if there are any problems. I like them very much. I have eaten there quite a few times, and the food is very good. They have lot of activities throughout the day as well as shopping trips.

August 02, 2013

By KER32

Very beautiful, new community. Very much needed in the Northland. I like that it is 1 level so there are no stairs to get anywhere. I like that their memory care is small and has an outdoor space available to their residents whenever they want to use it. The grounds are well kept and common areas an nicely decorated. I also like that it's not a huge place, that can be overwhelming to some. The staff were all welcoming and the residents that I spoke to were happy , many sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs when I arrived and a staff member was attending to them to ensure they were hydrated brining them water and lemonade. The food smelled good, but there needs to be more "snacks" available in their "resident kitchen" my friend was told there would be snacks always available when they moved in and sometimes there are but could be more and a better variety. They has also mentioned she would like to have a better continental breakfast. All in all everyone seems happy there and it is a beautiful place and the staff seem to truly care about the people living there. I would not hesitate to move a family member or loved one in here if they needed assistance.

June 20, 2013

By Caring Respondent

Benton House Shoal Creek is a beautiful building, only a year old, and speaking for the Memory Care side, the staff was very nice, but that's all the compliments I can give. I was looking for a facility where Mom could live out her life. What Benton House and their contract doesn't tell you is that if your loved one gets Shingles, Scabies or probably any other contagion, they will be ejected from the facility without any regard of how they will be cared for. When Mom was kicked out we were told to take all her washable items with us. We were handed a sack with Mom’s meds/vitamins and later found they weren't all there. The administration seemed over-worked and under-staffed filling in for absent staff which I believe was the reason why my Mom was not attended to properly when she first arrived. She came out to meals but no one ever questioned who she was and what her care needs were. She wasn’t bathed, clothes weren’t washed and the room wasn’t cleaned for almost two weeks. Mom missed her bed time and morning meds the first day. I was told 2-3 outings a month when in fact they weren't even being discussed let alone actually happening. I was told an incorrect daily care price which increased my annual expense by $1830. The few dinners I ate were cold and sometimes too hard. (onion rings, baked potato) The "Standard" menu is suppose to be available all the time but I was told twice the kitchen was out of something we asked for. We have moved Mom to another facility but anyone familiar with Alzheimer's can tell you how traumatic and devastating multiple moves can be for these individuals. I suggest you think twice before placing your loved one here.

May 02, 2013

By Caring 4205

Benton House was too crowded. The rooms were quite small. There were additional fees for other additional services that my mother needed. The residents I spoke to seemed happy there. But I just did not feel it suited my mother.

Services and Amenities of Addington Place of Shoal Creek

About Addington Place of Shoal Creek

Addington Place of Shoal Creek is a senior living provider in Kansas City, Missouri that offers residents Assisted Living and Assisted Living. Contact Addington Place of Shoal Creek for more details on services and rates.

Map of Addington Place of Shoal Creek