New Perspective | Prior Lake

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

4685 Park Nicollet Ave SE, Prior Lake, MN 55372
New Perspective | Prior Lake (800) 385-2527

Reviews of New Perspective | Prior Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for New Perspective | Prior Lake

June 06, 2017

By kim223365

I thought Keystone had a really nice library space and a place to do activities. They had a community kitchen plus the dining room was nice. I think their customer service may be on guest visits and how they handled that could be improved, and some of the services for care like the aid and assistance for taking showers. The shower was handicapped accessible, but it just wasn’t conducive.

Kim, Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Prior Lake! Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

February 03, 2017

By honest evaluation

Not what it was formerly. Recent changes have resulted in many vacancies rather than the previous waiting list. Executive chef has been replaced and food is now a disgrace. Mostly unhealthy. Usually unappetizing. Often inedible. Emphasis on starches and very light on vegetables and even protein. Frequent use of corn syrup and sugar. No accommodation for special dietary needs. Not even diabetic menu selections. Small portions now and they charge $8. extra for providing more food at a meal. Some recent instances of delayed and even no responses to beeps for assistance. Rents were just increased 4% for 2017. Though staff and residents are very friendly we are looking to relocate our relatives elsewhere.

October 10, 2016

By Lyn416375

I like Keystone (Keystone Comm of Prior Lake), but it has a 18 months to 24 months waiting list. I know I could live there, but when I heard how long the waiting list was, I just sort of forgot it and put it out of my mind. The staff was very nice though. He was absolutely knowledgeable. I play cards at the senior center in Prior Lake, and they’re very much involved with us. They will send people or programs and everything. They work very well with the senior center in Prior Lake, so I like that about it. I wasn’t impressed or unimpressed. I just felt that it was a place that I could be comfortable in. It was good.

Lyn416375, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Keystone Prior Lake. We appreciate hearing from you. While we do have a small waiting list, we welcome everyone to come in for private tours at anytime. We can get residents moved in quickly, please reach out to the community.

August 23, 2016

She's at Keystone Senior Living. We chose that one because it's near my sister. They have a slew of social activities. They have arts and crafts, Happy Hour, and ice cream socials. There is a movie theater; you can go see whatever they're showing. The facility has a bus that takes them out and about. It's not exceptional. They serve three meals a day, but they don't have regular snacks on a daily basis. A lot of the staff are foreign. My mom doesn't understand their accents, so that causes difficulties and frustration. It's a problem.

November 29, 2015

By George116086850

Keystone is a very nice place with an ideal loaction for us. It is immaculately clean and well kept, and the food is tremendously good. My wife has a one-bedroom and wants to move into a two-bedroom.

August 04, 2015

By Beloved father

My father lived there briefly until he died in his room. The experience of this facility was in my opinion below average and lack of quality care. The communication many times was difficult with the executive director about his care, when we complained she said things would get better but it really never did. In my opinion she seemed to care more about money than his care. He was nickel and dimed for everything. He was left in the dining room on more than one occasion for over an hour ringing his pendent for someone to come and help him and bring him to his room about 35 feet away, in that time his soiled his pants. One time an aide stripped a toothbrush from his hands while he was brushing his teeth. Once he hit his head and told me and my father-in-law and had a mark in his forehead but for some reason it was not documented and staff never told me. There are other incidents and e-mails I have documented. After he died they overcharged him for services he never received, after complaining to management about the overcharging and lack of care we were refunded the overcharges and a executive at Keystone called me "bitter. in my opinion a cruel and insensitive comment considering I had just lost my father. I cared about my father and I was trying to do right by him,. I would have hoped for compassion and respect. Update 8/3/15: Executive who called me "bitter" called me 3 times, July 9,10 & 17th, persistent in wanting me to meet with him to talk about review, "closure" and "help me heal." I don't know him and don't meet with strange men. made me feel uneasy and felt it was weird. he compared his sons broken bone to the death of my father. In my opinion perhaps he thinks I've grieved long enough? He also asked me if I wanted executive director of Keystone Prior lake "terminated." Also weird and not my concern. He said he was sorry which sounded meaningless. I wanted a written apology which he said he would send to me on the 17th. Having experienced the lack of compassion and integrity of the Keystone executives before I knew he would not keep his word & never did receive anything. My father's experience was primarily negative and upsetting, and I would never would recommend Keystone.

Independent Living Reviews for New Perspective | Prior Lake

Photos of New Perspective | Prior Lake

Services and Amenities of New Perspective | Prior Lake

• Fee Structure Extra: $2,525 For Independent Living Per Month, $2,859 For Assisted Living Per Month

• Condos Townhomes

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About New Perspective | Prior Lake

Science has identified four things all human beings need to live vibrant, fulfilling lives: physical activity, mental stimulation, rich dining experiences, and social and spiritual engagement. Studies also show these four things are proven to have the highest impact on successful aging. And, they're the pillars of everything we do each day at New Perspective.

Map of New Perspective | Prior Lake