Walker Methodist Health Center

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care

3737 BRYANT AVENUE SOUTH, Minneapolis, MN 55409
Walker Methodist Health Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Walker Methodist Health Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Walker Methodist Health Center

April 13, 2012

By hspecktor

Overall the facility is nice. It is kept up well and things always looked very clean. I never heard any complaints on bugs or the conditions. The staff was always friendly and helpful however many do not speak English as their first language and my grandmother stated always having trouble understanding likely due to the language barrier and also to her and the other residents depleting hearing. They have always been very flexible with my family regarding changes to my grandmother's needs and if she is a little late returning home for the evening after visits. Overall, my grandmother and my family are very happy with the continued experience we've had with Walker Methodist. When you hear lot's of stories about the poor treatment of the elderly you can only hope to find a place that lives up to your expectations.

February 16, 2012

By tripleplay

Our grandmother choose this as the place she wanted to live in, after selling her home of 60 years. It was decorated well, there was new carpet and appliances in her apartment, and it was so convenient for her to either have her meals downstairs with her friends or to spend a quiet evening in her apartment. The laundry facility was next door to her apartment as well as the garbage chute. I was impressed with the security of the building, no one was allowed in or out with checking in and this was available 24 hours. The staff was friendly and helpful to her, when required. They definitely keep track of the residents, as when she had not picked up her mail one day, they first called her apartment and when they received no answer, they went into the apartment. This was a lifesaver as she had fallen and broken her hip a few hours earlier and was unable to reach the phone nor cry for help. They saved her life, in my opinion. She was a resident there for 12 years.

Nursing Home Reviews for Walker Methodist Health Center

April 10, 2015

By kathleenaxt

My Mother was in the memory care unit. While she was there, her dentures were lost. I have left messages with the nursing manager, social worker, and administrator. None will even return my calls. I guess that they are not responsible for anything except collecting the money

February 24, 2015

By Imirishlass

My Mom was there for short term rehab. Terribly gloomy, dark, smells of cigarrette smoke, generally looks dirty, dirty glasses, broken unsafe wheelchair, waited over an hr to have someone welcome her-just left her sitting in the broken wheelchair (brakes not working!) in her room the whole time waiting for check in. Elevators and furniture falling apart. Divider curtains ripped, dragging so they are trip hazards. Not updated since probably the 1980's. Never would have agreed to let her go there if I had known how awful it is. Hated to leave her there!!! 2 stars are only for a couple people on staff that were competent and kind.

January 09, 2015

By bindoux

My mother was in Walker Methodist for her rehab. I have a friend who works there, so I looked at their memory care. It is a very old building, and it is kind of depressing. I know the staff is wonderful, but I just figured that she needed to be in a bright and sunny place.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Walker Methodist Health Center

Services and Amenities of Walker Methodist Health Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Walker Methodist Health Center

Refund Plan: 100% of Entrance Fee. Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Walker Methodist Health Center