Sunrise of Rochester

Reviews of Sunrise of Rochester

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Rochester

March 23, 2015

By Judy102633650

Sunrise of Rochester was absolutely beautiful. It's done in a lovely way, and it should really appeal to the seniors of today; it's very nicely done. I think they take good care of people; they understand what people need. On the con side of it, they didn't get back with me and didn't pursue anything, and then when I talked to a branch off of them in Bromfield, she had this woman call me -- her name was Carrie. Carrie didn't do any follow-up work, and when I got there, I was supposed to have an appointment with her as my understanding, and I didn't end up talking to her because she was somewhere else, so I spoke with someone that didn't have all the information although he did give me a grand tour. He really gave me a nice tour, and he was a very nice person, so I am sure they are all lovely people. I just don't understand why she didn't follow up like she needed to, so I lost interest.

January 15, 2015

By Jennifer49

Mom is in Sunrise. The decision is mainly based on location and the services of the facility. It is a Sunrise facility, and we think it is well maintained and that the care will be good. The setting is pretty, but mainly the decision is based on the proximity to her son's house. The staff is great. We have no complaints. They are taking good care of her. They are very attentive, and she says that everybody takes very good care of her. So, she's happy. I will recommend them to other seniors. They have activities. They offer outings to restaurants and shopping. There is bingo a couple of times a week. There are different exercise programs every morning. There is crafting. There are a lot of outside entertainment that come in like music. There are parties that they invite the family to. Mom thinks the food is great. She actually gains weight there. It has four floors, but it seems smaller and cozier on each floor. The room she has is a studio with a bathroom.

April 21, 2014

Sunrise seemed to be very well-run. It was very large, and they had a locked down unit for dementia. I liked it because it seemed clean. The staff seemed to work with their patients quite well. I didn't have any problems having my questions answered. They invited me for a meal, but I declined. They had social recreations, like some were playing cards and bingo. They had a music day. It was just very pricey.

March 21, 2014

Sunrise has a separate floor for memory care. The residents can't just walked off the floor. It's got elevator that is key coded. The memory care floor is geared to people that have problems. Some of the residents will be taken down to some of the activities. Sometimes a piano player would come in, they have singing, bingo, exercises, and they can come down and join that. But they'll have someone that will take them. The rooms were fine and spacious enough. They had a good setup for memory care. They take care of what they're serving the people on the memory care floor. The dining area was nicer of course on the second floor. But the memory care is not as nice.

December 31, 2013

By thetruth2013

I was extremely disappointed with the lack of care some residents encountered. I would go to see my relative and have all the workers standing together talking to each other and/or on their cell phones and not interacting with the residents. There were 1 or 2 that actually cared but overall I was disappointed and there are better homes for the price in the area.

We're very sorry to hear you did not have a great experience in our community. We'd like to learn more as we take these comments very seriously. Please contact us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com –The Sunrise Team.

December 27, 2013

My husband's mother lived at Sunrise of Rochester for three years. I would give that 5 across the board. The facility itself was beautiful. It was like a 5-star hotel but it also cost a lot more money than others. The staff was excellent. They were very caring. Food was good. As far as activities, I was aware of some of them and my mother-in-law participated in a number of things. They had exercise classes, little field trips, etc. They had similar things to what most places like that offer. I would surely recommend them.

January 20, 2012

By Niceguy1

My aunt was a resident at Sunrise of Rochester. She had her own little apartment and was provided with the assistance services to help her as needed. I was very impressed by the beautiful facility and caring staff. The overall environment is nice too, it seems like an apartment complex for senior citizens rather than a hospital. The downtown area of Rochester is very nice as well. They have a lot of social trips to local businesses and restaurants. The surrounding area is lovely too. There are gardens in the back and it is overlooking a river. The only downside to the facility is the price. It was very expensive to keep her there compared to other locations, but in my opinion worth every penny.The staff were always kind and friendly and ready to help at a moments notice. Every room has an emergency system where the residents can call for help if they need it. It is very reassuring to have this so they can connect easily to someone who can help.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Rochester