WellBridge of Novi

Reviews of WellBridge of Novi

Nursing Home Reviews for WellBridge of Novi

August 23, 2018

By cote

My husband came to WellBridge after his surgery for a broken hip. We found the staff to be caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. We attribute my husband’s strength and recovery to the excellent PT & OT he received from Jennifer, Mary, Dianna, Dipeka & others while at WellBridge. His nursing care by Ferdie & Allison was top notch. The facility was clean and attractive. My husband felt he was at a resort. We want to thank the staff at WellBridge for the superb care my husband received.

August 13, 2018

By Wilma57

Most staff are very friendly. This facility is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Unfortunately the tech staff do not understand or know how to check for orthostatic bp readings. The nurses tried to give bp med in the evening using the am bp reading. The medication was to be given with certain bp parameters. This facility does not offer low salt no salt menu for patients. When inquired as to we were told that the patient needs to make good meal choices. How can you do this if you are given the salt content of the menu choices?

July 01, 2018

By Nana D

My Mom was here for 6 weeks and I was very satisfied. The therapy she received from Meghan and Sheri was great. They have such a personality, Both are very caring as well as the entire staff. My Mom really liked the nursing staff. She wanted to take Jerad, Aubrie and Conner with her. Her only complaint was the food wasn't always warm. The facility is beautiful. I would definitely recommend this facility

May 22, 2018

By Deb65klein

My Mom is 82 years old and was a recent resident of Wellbridge. After a bout with the flu and some unexpected heart problems she needed some rehab to get her strength back. I have to say we were very concerned about putting her in a facility like this due to many unpleasant things you hear. I was definitely wrong. My mom had the most pleasant nurses,aides and outstanding physical therapy treatment. Everyone was always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean and the food was great as well. I feel confident that my mom will do great back at home. I would like to thank Morgan,Mike,Rachel,Maida,Michelle,Simon and all the staff( I can't remember all the names but everyone was great!) thank you!!

March 01, 2018

By Kimberly L

No one wants to be told that they have to go to an aftercare rehab facility upon leaving the hospital, everyone wants to go home. My neurosurgeon would not release me to go home, he would only release me to go to a rehab facility and highly recommended Wellbridge. When I first checked into Wellbridge I was welcomed by the staff to a resort hotel like atmosphere. I did not expect it to be this lovely. My nurse Allison upon arrival, who was a young, bright, young lady that helped me a 45 year lady get settled in to someplace that everyone else was twice my age. Allison’s bubbly personality made me feel much better about my situation. The next several days I had other nurses, but one stands out above and beyond, his name is Ferdie. When he saw my face he new how much pain I was in. He was inquisitive and promptly responsive. He treated me with compassion. Ferdie also reminded me why I was there, to keep me safe from falling, so I could heal properly from my neck surgery. He taught me about why pain management was in top priority, how important it was to eat, so I would feel better because of the type of medications I was taking, and he also reminded daily how valuable it was to remember who I was before I had my accident. He treated me with the utmost respect, which is much appreciated, especially under these circumstances. Thank you Ferdie and WellBridge staff for everything. I still want to go home, but since I have to stay, there is anywhere else I would want to stay.

February 15, 2018

By Husbad

By far this is the most impressive facility my wife has been a patient at. Very clean, great food and present staff. My wife has complex health problems and the nurses and PA were able to provide the care she needed. Nursing staff was consistent which made the stay that much better. Therapy worked wonders with my wife and I cannot thank them enough.

February 03, 2018

By My Sis

Recently my sister was transferred to Wellbridge after hospitalization. She has medical issues that require her to be on a special diet restricting salt and carbohydrates. This facility offers no diet choices. We talked with her nurse and the facility Physician Assistant many times. They both continued to say she was improving medically and physically. This was false. My wife and I could see her medical condition declining and they did nothing. Her family physician luckily saw her and had her immediately hospitalized. The hospital now tells us her medical issues have increased and wound and leg care from Wellbridge was inappropriately done. Wellbridge is under no circumstances a medical facility. They fail to recognize and treat medical conditions that could be life threatening to patients.

November 30, 2017

By genie nehs

I am a recent discharge from Wellbridge.The facility had been highly recommended to me after hip surgery, and was certainly everything it was reputed to be.The cleanliness, the excellent menu. but most of all the caring and professionalism of the entire staff was impressive. The PT And OT staff- especially Erica and Cam- were top of the line. The Nursing staff was great, but the caring and professionalism of Ferdie, RN went well beyond expectations. Ferdie.s knowledge base was exceptional. and his response to my needs was rapid and on target. just wish every member of the nursing profession was as caring and competent.as I found Ferdie. My recovery was much more rapid and comfortable due to the outstanding care.

November 22, 2017

By Jeff L.

I wish I had read up on this facility before my grandmother was transferred for a short term stay, this is by far the worst experience she has had in any health care facility. She caught C-diff(infection) within a few days of being there, old food sits there waiting to be picked up, the staff is extremely rude and lazy- it takes up to 30 minutes for a response when she uses the call button. They took her off her pain meds she's been on for years, and even when her pain Doctor called they ignored him, the administrator said she didn't need anything, he's not even a doctor and acts like he knows better than her doctor that's been treating her for years. Taking her off those meds cold turkey is very dangerous, especially at her age. There's just too much to list and a few things I'm reporting to th medical board, its the least ethical place I've seen. I rarely get angry, but this place has me livid about how they've treated her and I'm going to make sure they are reported.

October 07, 2017

By StevieRhea

My mother was here for 12 days for PT and OT after surgery. The building is beautiful, and very clean. The staff is excellent. She had the same nurse during the day and evening shifts, most of the time as well as same aides. There therapist she worked with were excellent and helped her speed up her recovery and be able to go home. Private rooms, in room showers and they were cleaned often. The food was excellent. I was leary because of some of the negative reviews, but I only live 1-1/4 miles away and knew I could get there in a minute if she needed me. My mom did not have one negative comment about being here and neither do I. I highly recommend if you need short term therapy.

August 17, 2017

By EMD

My mom went to Wellbridge for rehab after surgery as well as a minor routine post op complication requiring her to wear oxygen as she recovered. Our experience was excellent in every way. My mom's therapy was even done even on weekends. The facility is well staffed and she had the consistency of having the same day nurse for the majority of her staff which is very important for understanding the pt and picking up on subtle changes. We met early on with a NP who ordered breathing treatments and a chest x ray to see what her baseline was so to judge going forward if there were improvements worsening with the condition of her lung status. She was encouraged by all the staff to use her incentive spirometer to expand her lungs. Within a week she was off the oxygen. Her spirits were always up as the staff was very attentive to her needs and when she needed pain control she was not kept waiting. The food was excellent and freshly prepared by a chef daily. I am a nurse and I would recommend this facility very highly.

August 16, 2017

By healthy now

Staff are excellent and attentive. They work well with patient and family. Building is very clean.

July 05, 2017

By October24

Incompetent, nurses are understaffed, and management is lacking. Practically killed my mother-in-law-- she's now back in hospital. They can handle minor rehab issues but not patients that need some extra attention. Lack of attention to detail and they give lip service to patients' families concerns. Find another place.

June 28, 2017

By sddpmd

My grandmother has been there less than one week and has skin breakdown and bedsores! It's heartbreaking. The staff never seems to know anything and my family rarely sees the same caregiver twice. What's more, on the first day of arrival "somehow" my grandmother who has limited mobility had a sore on her foot and blood was on her sock. No one could explain to us what had happened. My grandmother is there for post hospitalization rehabilitation, but clearly no one is doing therapy with her. They are ONLY collecting money. My family will be getting my grandmother out of this horrible uncaring poorly run establishment before she meets with anymore untimely, inexplicable events or injuries. It is so sad and disappointing to see my grandmother treated and cared for this way. I will be reporting these findings to CMS, as well.

June 06, 2017

By mje0442

So very kind to my mother. The care here is excellent.

June 02, 2017

By mike12345

staff turn around vey high. Heard that they are on their 8 therapy manager and nurses constantly changing.

March 21, 2017

By crushedheart

The decor is beautiful like a hotel rather than a rehab facility. The physical therapy department is very helpful and open to communication. That is all I can say that is good. I blame the nursing staff and doctor for my mothers death. There is NO communication with the patient advocate and the doctor or nursing staff. I asked over and over to speak to the doctor, please have him call me with my concerns about my mother. It took 4 days of constant asking for him to call me. After giving him my list of concerns he never called my back with the results. I asked for a week everyday to please have him call me, I asked for his phone number, the nurse told me he couldn't give me the phone number. I had filed a complaint about a specific nurse and while at my mothers home visit with physical therapy to bring her home she was wheezing and have a hard time breathing. When we got back to the facility the physical therapist and myself spoke to the same specific nurse and asked her to check mom out. She checked her blood pressure and oxygen level and told us mom needed to relax she was anxious from the home visit. I said I don't mean to tell you how to do your job but shouldn't you listen to her chest she said NO I go by vitals and her vitals are fine, she just needs to relax and breath. The next day the day nurse started her on breathing treatments, a chest xray and blood work was done. Mom had pneumonia! That was Friday, still no word from a doctor. I called and spoke with the nursing director, told her my concerns with the specific nurse and the doctor not return any of my requests to let me know the results of my concerns about mom. The nursing director asked me if I wanted to request that nurse never be moms nurse again and I told her yes, I don't want that nurse to care for her. I was told done and she would see about the doctor returning my call. Saturday my mom was having a hard time swallowing and had thrown up her breakfast, she was still having a hard time breathing, she was given oxygen. Saturday night the nurse I requested never be mom nurse was in fact her nurse after I was told she would never be her nurse again. I tried contacting someone with authority that night but was told no one was available on the weekend. Sunday I was 2 blocks from Wellbridge when the nurse called and said they were sending mom to the hospital 2 blocks away to get checked out, he said she probably needed fluids and IV antibiotics. It took a long time for mom to arrive and when she did, she was in severe critical condition and put on a ventilator. The paramedics said she was found in her room unresponsive on the floor. My mother who was suppose to come home in a few days, died 7 hours later. We went that night to collect her belongings and no one confronted us or asked how she was. The next day I figured someone would call and ask how she was, no call ever came. Something went terribly wrong and Wellbridge staff is to blame. Mom should not be dead.

January 25, 2017

By Nurse2be

Beautiful place. Nice decor. They have good food for visitors. They need to have more nurses.. They have too many patients per nurse. They are over worked.. I came across many helpful techs, There are some more helpful than others. I did notice after a patient is there more than a week, they are not as attentive, They stopped empying the trash everyday and making the bed. Maybe they need more help. I know the night shift was frustrated with the day shift regarding that. I didnt like the sink to wash your hands is outside the bathroom. That makes no sense. Some of the things I did see...., is there wasnt clear comunication about people who need help with showers. Does the patient have to ask to get one? I know my relative asked and had to wait a week. The telephone there is horrible. Its hard to reach and wont stay on the cradle. Bring your cell phone. I found the nurses were very attentive to any concerns. Actually, I felt they showed more urgency with any issues that came up than the Dr. in charge of my Aunt. I would give it 5 stars because of the nurses and most of the techs, but I wont because I felt the Drs. werent attentive enough.

January 17, 2017

By Princess33

I am very impressed with this place. Everyone I have come across listens to my concerns and directs them to the right people. They have improved so much from a few years ago. Kudos to them. Patients come first. I love they had the same nurses.So there was consistancy with the Patient and their issues. It makes things so much easier. There are many helpful techs that really go out of their way. Some things that might be helpful..... I have to say, Im not sure why the sink is outside the bathroom. You have to touch the sliding door after you use the restroom before you can wash your hands. I did notice after the "Guest" is there awhile, it seems less attention is paid to them. Dont get me wrong, they are not being ignored, I just saw less staff come in the rooms. Also, the first few days,everyday, the room was always tidied about mid-day. Again, after being there a week, they seemed to stop doing that. Its not a big issue, but evening aides said it should always be done. I highly recommend this location for you or your loved one. Dont be afraid to speak up, It's your family and the staff cares.

December 14, 2016

By StuRat

The GOOD: A) Jigsaw puzzles in common area were fun for patients, although they need some 100 piece puzzles, as the 300+ piece puzzles might be too challenging for some in rehab. They apparent have some small puzzles "in the therapy room", but we could never get access to them. B) The guest cafe is quite good. I especially like the veggie and hummus plate. Too bad this and the main cafeterias all close so early, though. I also like the infused water they have at the guest cafe, but that goes away when they close, too. C) Had an excellent exotic animal show once. Kangaroo joeys, etc. D) Staff was friendly. E) They provide daily newspapers, but many copies of the Free Press only, for some reason, with no Detroit News. F) Easy to get to, as it's near both I-96 and Grand River. I would avoid I-96 during rush hour, though, as it's a parking lot then. G) Free laundry service was nice, but confusing. The guidebook mentions a "blue-mesh bag for patients not using our laundry services", but we never saw any such bag. There's a white-mesh bag for patients who are using their twice weekly, same-day laundry service. You need to ask for this when you check in, or it's very difficult to get back on the list later. They also refer to a "hamper" for their items, like sheets and towels, but it's what looks like a large trash bin, in the closet. It needs a label. We were putting trash in there. One caution, they put iron-on name tags on all the clothes they wash, which may be difficult to remove. H) Beauty salon is good, but they need to say up front that the price is not included. My Mom had no cash when they gave her the bill ($25+tip). I had to bring some in from home. But it really helped with her mental health to "look human again". The BAD: 1) COLD exercise room. Too many windows and too little heating capacity for winter, I assume. The way the heaters blow cold air until they warm up is also annoying. 2) Few vegetarian options for protein. Eggs and dairy were available, but some vegetarians don't eat those. Peanut butter was available, but some are allergic. No other nut butters, tofu, non-dairy "milks" (like soy or almond milk) or beans were offered, although hummus seemed to be available on special request. 3) Protein shakes hard to get. Had to keep asking people, then eventually found out we needed to make an appointment with nutritionist, who only works workdays, to be allowed to get them. They treat a protein shake like it's narcotics, when they should give them out to anyone who asks. Had to bring in Ensures until my Mom was finally able to get protein shakes from them. 4) They take menu orders the previous day, orally. They need a form that can be filled out in advance, instead. Often my Mom was unable to think straight when they asked, and she would just say "fine, give me whatever", then find it was something she couldn't eat the next day. With a form, she could fill it out whenever she was lucid, not when they showed up and asked. One hint, once you get the order right, save the receipts they bring with it, then say "give me this again". The food they delivered was often wrong, too. My vegetarian Mom got ham on two occasions, for example. 5) Oxygen hard to get. My Mom was frequently out of breath, but rather than just give her oxygen, they said they would need a doctor's order. When they got around to testing her blood oxygen level, she had recovered. Luckily, it wasn't critical, in her case. 6) They took her down to the cafeteria to eat once, but nobody was available to take her back to her room. 7) Only can enter and exit by main entrance, which makes for a long walk to get from car to patient. 8) TV's in patient rooms are annoying in that they don't use the broadcast TV station numbers. For example, you have to hit 5 to get channel 4. TV's in the atrium work better, but at least one requires 2 remotes (one for on/off and volume, and other for channels). They should fix this. Also, they need to do what hotels do, and have them set to come on quiet, not at whatever volume they had been when turned off. 9) Bathroom door seems poorly designed. It's a massive sliding door, and a patient in rehab is unlikely to be able to open it using the handle, especially while using a walker. A traditional swing door would work better for patients. Also, it came off the track once, had a lot of resistance, and leaves gaps on both sides even when "closed". 10) Bathroom lights can keep patient up at night. There are two problems here. There's an "always on" night-light the shines in the eyes of anyone in bed turned that way, Then there's a motion-detector light that turns on whenever the patient moves in bed. I shielded both with taped-on cardboard, so the motion-detector isn't set off until you actually enter the bathroom, and the night-light doesn't shine directly in the eyes. 11) Nurse call button. They came and asked what was needed, then turned the button off, rather than waiting until the issue was addressed to turn it off. I understand that if they didn't do that, there would be no way for patients to convey a new, more urgent problem. Maybe they need two lights, one for "Awaiting a response from staff", and another for "Staff knows what the patient needs and are working on it". 12) They seemed slow at cleaning up messes in the common area. Some drool stayed on the hallway floor for hours, until I pointed it out to a staff member. 13) They seemed to want to keep her there until her insurance ran out. She had to TELL them she was leaving, as they weren't planning to let go of a cash cow.

August 23, 2016

By Pfeffer

My dad was admitted to Wellbridge for rehab. We have been to other rehab facitities and this one is far better than any others we've been. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the therapists are awesome, the food is great, nurses are amazing and it's extremely clean. It was more like being at a nice hotel! I can't say enough great things about this facility.

March 31, 2016

By Relative33

Wellbridge of Novi was amazing. They were nicer than most of our family members and did an amazing job. I can't praise them enough for their kindness, professionalism, patience, and respect. The place does not smell of old people. It was wonderful.

Services and Amenities of WellBridge of Novi

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About WellBridge of Novi

WellBridge of Novi is a senior living provider in Novi, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact WellBridge of Novi for more details on services and rates.

Map of WellBridge of Novi