Offers Assisted Living and Adult Day Care
Reviews of Winter Growth
Adult Day Care Reviews for Winter Growth
November 28, 2015
I am an employee
Services and Amenities of Winter Growth
- All Inclusive Rent
Room and housing options
- Studio Apartments
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Resident Transportation
- Garden And Patio
- Laundry For Linens
- Laundry For Clothing
- Skilled Nursing
- Medication Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse On Staff: Yes
- Offsite Activities
- Fitness Room
- Low Salt
- Resident Capacity: 13
- Respite Care
- Pets: Small Pets
Range of services
- Personal Care Assistants
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Types of care
- Meal Preparation
- Memory Care Training
About Winter Growth
Welcome to Winter Growth
Helping Older and Disabled Adults to Celebrate Live
Winter Growth is a non-profit organization founded in 1979 in Brookeville, MD. Our mission is to provide community based services for older and disabled adults that support them in achieving their highest potential for independence, dignity, and life satisfaction. We are licensed by the State of Maryland to provide Adult Medical Day Care and Assisted Living. Our vehicles for the Assisted Transportation Program are certified twice a year for safety by the State.
At Winter Growth, we recognize that each individual has a different set of needs. We know that there are times when a nursing home is the best care solution. When an individual truly needs 24-hour care by registered nurses and on site physicians, the nursing home is often the best venue to receive this care. However, unwanted nursing home placement is sometimes chosen for lack of services that could support people in their home or in a small assisted living home.
The flexible menus of care services we have developed are designed to work individually or in combination to help older adults avoid unnecessary institutionalization. Often a nursing home could be avoided but for the availability of a service that can reasonably be provided in the community. At Winter Growth, we are committed to filling those gaps.
Our services are also designed to support families in their desire to continue to care for their family members in their homes or sometimes in one of our small family-style assisted living programs. Each of our services has the goal of promoting integrity, self-esteem, and life satisfaction for both older and/or disabled adults and their family members.
Adult Medical Day Programs, including:
- Activities and Care for Cognitive Alert Participants
- Activities and Care for Participants with Dementia
- Targeted Fitness Groups
- Nursing and Personal Care
- Social Services
- Meals and Snacks
Winter Growth’s target populations include older adults:
- Who are isolated, lacking social contact, mental stimulation, exercise, and proper nutrition.
- Who lack appropriate transportation to access medical care.
- Who suffer from age-related depression or long-term mental health issues.
- Who live with one or more chronic illness(es) that limits their ability to perform primary or secondary activities of daily living.
- Who require a secure environment with experienced staff and structured activities during the day and/or evening hours.
- Who require nursing oversight (less than 24 hours a day) for a chronic illness or disability.
Funding and Fees
Winter Growth is a 501(c)(3) fee for service organization. We set fees designed to cover our cost of providing quality services, and then work to identify all available sources to help individuals of moderate and low income to pay those fees.
Our largest funding source is Private Pay. However, we also accept:
- State and Local Government Grant Subsidies
- Private Foundations and Community Donated Subsidies
- Senior Care
- Foster Care Subsidies
- Long Term Care and Workers Compensation Insurance
- Veterans Administration Subsidies
We would be happy to hear from you. Please call us to talk with our Social Service Staff 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Friday.
- In Columbia: 410-964-9616.
- In Olney: 301-774-7501.
- Hearing Impaired: Dial 7-1-1 and ask for MD. Relay.
- Need Language Interpreter: Phone 301-774-7501 for arrangements.
- In Montgomery Co: 18110 Prince Phillip Drive, Olney, MD 20832
- In Howard Co: 5460 Ruth Keeton Way, Columbia, MD 21044
Adult Day Health Care
Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene
Daily costs: $79/Day
Reimbursement: Private Pay, LTCI, VA, Medicaid/Medical
Incontinence, Limited mobility, Dementia/Alzheimer's, Stroke, Mental illness, Developmental disabilities, HIV/AIDS, Vision/Hearing impairment