Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

5555 Friendship Boulevard, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 31 days

Ask about our special savings through December 31, 2021!

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights

August 28, 2013

By CJlady

My mom lived here for 3 years 2009-2012 until she died last year. It is by far the best asst. living in this area. Mom lived in asst. living in another state before that, and for a short while at Emeritus on 7 Locks Rd (I had to move her out of there, it was so terrible). The caregivers here are extraordinary and the mgmt. very responsive. The food is even good and they have a salad bar and daily "happy hour" with snacks which many residents attend. Also frequent concerts, movies, outings and holiday parties. The medical staff is top-notch. They have nice apts. ranging from studios to 2-BR and are very accommodating to family members. I cannot say enough good things about this facility. It is very expensive but worth every penny if you can afford it.

August 01, 2013

By Carole6

I met Sue, Erwin or Erom, and Christine at Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights. They were fabulous and wonderful. I felt very comfortable with them and they really helped us out. The facility was very beautiful and I had every confidence in it. The location was perfect. It was only ten minutes from my house. When we visited there, they were having a movie. They were exactly what we were looking for and I would absolutely recommend them to others.

April 19, 2012

By mattsimon

The facilities were clean and the decor was very nice. I thought that the staff was very professional and seemed to do a good job. The residents seemed cheery and were of many different ability levels, which the staff seemed to respond to. There were many options for activities such as a trip to the Eastern Shore and movie nights. I was impressed that there's also a social hour every day. The only criticism that I have is that there seemed to be a number of different instructions to help my grandma with her specific needs, some of which were in conflict with one another. I think that my grandma will be happy there as she no longer has to take care of an entire house al by herself. The food at the facility also appears to be of good quality and healthy, nothing fried or too high in fat.

September 01, 2011

By Tom2

This assisted living proporty has a terrific location - right in the center of Chevy Chase with shopping and activites very close by. There is also a transportation service for those who are not up to walking the neighborhood which is very safe and welcoming. The apartments are small but fully serviceable. Brighton which is run by Sunrise after being originally operated by Marriott also has a very strong memory loss program and support for those with dementia. The minimum monthly charge is in the 5k range.

May 26, 2011

By 5h4ng4

Friend or relative of resident

I, initally took a tour of the facility with my mother and her sister. My mother was becoming increasingly senile and needed to be in an assisted living place. It seemed clean, the staff was friendly, there seemed to be a lot of activities for the residents. I moved my mother into a 2 bedroom apartment which is what she wanted. She is not a joiner but the activity director made a valiant effort to get her to join in. There did seem to be a lot of staff movement especially with the people who interacted directly with the residents. This caused some confusion for my mother and myself. Also, it was not stated plainly to me that there is limited skilled nursing available for the residents. If they get really sick, they get sent to the hospital. If the resident doesn't want to go, then they don't have to. This was a problem for me because she wouldn't go unless I was there in the middle of the night to make her. All in all, I think that she did as good as she could do in an assisted facility. She missed her home very much.

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights