The Atrium

Reviews of The Atrium

Memory Care Reviews for The Atrium

October 09, 2019

By Ruth

My father has moved into The Atrium. The people who work there are very kind. My father has a one-bedroom apartment which is very adequate. They have many different activities. He doesn't always participate in them, but that's his choice. Their meals are very appetizing. The food looks good. They have a nice, neat courtyard, which is very pretty. The staff members seem to be very friendly. They call my father by name. It is a small community so he gets good attention.

October 01, 2019

By Beverly

Our visit at The Atrium was conducted one-on-one. I met the administrator and I saw the rooms and all of the care areas. The person giving me the tour was very pleasant, informative, and had answers to my question. I enjoyed the fact that it was a small facility so it's very personable. The upkeep was excellent. They were in the middle of some floor renovation but you can tell it's not hindering the upkeep of the rest of the place.

November 13, 2018

By Judy

The Atrium is wonderful. It is the best place we have found anywhere in Rockford. The staff is excellent; their response time is very rapid. The food is excellent. They're individually listed and very receptive to family request. We are very pleased. My mother has been there since September 1st. The food is excellent. I asked for the recipe; it was delicious. We are extremely pleased. If you're thinking about having a family member there, I think you'll be very pleased with your decision. One of the things that have really benefitted The Atrium is that it is small. The total number of residents is excellent, right around 40. Mom does better in a smaller group.

November 13, 2018

By Judy

See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Atrium

What programs or activities does The Atrium offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We use the Montessori based approach to make sure every resident is engaged.

We have a Health Care Coordinator that does all our assessments. We have scheduled assessments and we also do assessments as needed if someone needs it.

Costs for The Atrium

Photos of The Atrium

Services and Amenities of The Atrium

• Housing Extra: Private/Shared Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Atrium

The Atrium Memory Care Community offers individuals who have dementia an opportunity to reside in a beautiful, home-like community filled with compassion, love and respect. Our Montessori based programming includes art programs, exercise, music, and an array of other activities seven days per week. Additionally, our nursing care and adjunct services are designed to promote independence and assist residents with their daily care and assisted living needs in a safe, secure, and comfortable, home-like setting. Our community itself is nestled in Northeast part of Rockford on a beautiful wooded lot with picturesque views and our address is 2885 McFarland Rd, Rockford, Illinois.

Map of The Atrium