Spring Haven Retirement

Reviews of Spring Haven Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Haven Retirement

November 25, 2016

By Jack277654

Spring Haven Retirement was a really nice building with 5 or 6 stories. It's more like a motel when you walk in the front. It had big elevators, a jacuzzi outside, a regular swimming pool, and a walking pathway. The residents get 3 meals a day. The rooms were not furnished, and they were small. They had activities, and they take the residents out.

October 20, 2016

By Dusty721412

I was very impressed with Spring Haven Retirement, and that's where I want my mom to go. It's beautiful, and the only negative I could find about the place at all is the hallways were too narrow. Two people couldn't walk side by side comfortably in it, but otherwise, it was a gorgeous place. They had nice apartments, awesome people, beautiful dining rooms, and nice views overlooking a lake. It was GORGEOUS. The apartments were roomy, well-decorated, and very nice. We fell in love with it.

October 05, 2016

By Johanna062571

Spring Haven was very impressive. It’s very nice, clean, and accommodating. There were studios and 1-bedrooms. The activities were good. The staff was very pleasant, and everyone was pleasant. The facility was beautiful.

September 13, 2016

By babydynamite

I visited Spring Haven Retirement. The staff was very cordial and informative. The food was very good. The place was clean and did not smell like a nursing home like the other places I visited. The apartment was a very nice size and stood out to me. It was what I was looking for.

August 22, 2016

By Clara800158

I liked Spring Haven Retirement. It was nice. The one-bedroom unit was very nice. It had a separate bedroom, a separate family room, and a kitchen area in between with two windows. It was very nice. The studio was too small. It was just like one little box. The dining halls were nice. They had a bus. They had a big monthly chart with stuff happening every day of the month. They had a lot of things. The staff was very nice, and they were a pleasure to do business with.

December 30, 2015

By Roberta20

The rooms at Spring Haven Retirement were smaller than what a few would be comfortable in and it was an older building. I was impressed with the staff; they were very good.

December 21, 2015

By Lee29

The food was excellent at Spring Haven Retirement. It was cafeteria-style where you go in, order off of a menu, and they wait on you. I couldn’t say enough good thing about the food. However, most of their activities involved indoor activities, and I didn’t like that. They did have something outside, but they didn’t promote that as much, and everybody pretty well stayed indoors. The staff was good, but Spring Haven Retirement wasn’t what I was looking for. I would go nuts if I had to stay inside all of the time.

December 20, 2015

By Ann117490550

For us, Spring Haven was too big. My mother-in-law would have gotten lost and confused with the different floors and all. We were just concerned that she wouldn’t be given as much personal attention as she needs. She needed somebody to check on her quite often, and we felt that that might not happen there. The grounds were gorgeous, and if the residents like to be outside in the fresh air, there are plenty of places for them to stroll and just sit outside for a while. I only met one person there who took us on the tour. She’s very friendly and knows her business very well.

September 30, 2015

The one that suited us is Spring Haven. We will move as soon as we sell our house. It has independent living, assisted living, and even dementia and Alzheimer's. It is all in one place. It is a very, very nice place. It is a good location especially for us. Everybody was extremely pleasant and very pleasant. The residents looked all happy.

May 03, 2015

By Bob105679350

Spring Haven Retirement is a nice place. Clean rooms, good meals, nice people. The staff is very accommodating, very nice, and very good. They had all kinds of things to do. The people we ate lunch with were really nice.

April 22, 2015

I came across Spring Haven on the internet. It is clean, friendly, and neat. The staff was very good and very helpful. The rooms were clean, neat, and nicely furnished. It could be a little homier because it got kind of an institutional feel, but it's not too bad. It is better than a hospital or a nursing home. They have a lot of activities. They have a whole monthly schedule, but my aunt doesn't want to participate because she has two broken legs. I didn't see any security, but I didn't see any problem either. The people that live there all have keys to their doors, and those are locked. Otherwise, everything is open. People sign in and out when they come, and when the residents leave, they sign out and sign back in again.

January 30, 2015

By Jean and Paul

Other

My husband and I visited this facility a few times and found it to be a beautiful and pleasant place in which to live. However, as my husband uses a power chair for mobility, we found the hallways too narrow for two such chairs to pass. One would have to move out of the way for others to pass. This may present a safety hazard, but I'm sure it would be addressed by staff. The amenities that were furnished included everything one would need to live comfortably. The location is perfect for going shopping, doctors, hospital, etc. The staff was great to work with and very caring.

December 11, 2014

The food was very good at Spring Haven. The only problem I had with that was that the environment was a little bit depressing. They must make the place happier to live with, but the room seems fine to me.

December 02, 2014

Spring Haven is good so far. They accommodated my friend, but the only thing I didn’t like about it at first was that it was so far to walk. He is 84, and he is getting Alzheimer’s, but as soon as they got a closer unit, they moved him two weeks after he moved in, which was great. I thought that was way beyond what people normally do. The place is fine to me; he has got a beautiful room with a little porch, and everything so far has been great. They are very attentive to their tenants up at the front desk; if they can help you in anyway, they do it just immediately, and they are courteous. I am just happy out there. I would absolutely recommend the place.

August 07, 2014

We visited Spring Haven Retirement and the place was clean. Everything was nice. All the amenities were good. The staff was nice and very informative. The person that we talked to knew everything. She showed us the apartment, the activities on the calendar, the computer room, the dining area, the pool, and the elevator. She knew all the stuff that was going on. The food that I saw and smell were decent. They had tons of activities for the elderly and they do keep them activite. One thing that my mom liked was that they had a nice walking trail. So, even if you don't want to do the activities, you could just stroll. However, she said: "I am not there yet. I can still do everything for myself". One thing she didn't like was the room. Even with the one-bedroom, the room was small. The kitchen was also small.

April 23, 2014

We visited Spring Haven, and we were very pleased with it. It was relatively close to me. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They answered all our questions. The apartments were very clean and nice. We had lunch, and the food was quite good. They had all kinds of activities. I don't know how many of them my mother would be interested in, but they seemed to have a lot going on. They had a Valentine's Day thing. I saw them playing games. I knew they had some kind of special thing on Saint Patrick's Day. I knew they had a pool. They showed me a schedule, but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

March 31, 2014

By Diane80730650

Spring Haven is independent, assisted, and Alzheimer's. That's why we like it. Mom is on the first floor. It's a beautiful and big property; it's sitting on a lake. Location was 90% of it actually. It's 20 minutes from my brother, so that was one thing. Mom has already spent a week with one brother, a week with another brother, and then a week with my sister, so it's working out really great. She's like two hours from the five of us. The main reason that we were down there was for the weather, and it's closer to the grandbabies. The facility itself is just awesome. It's working out great. The rooms have one bedroom, a little room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. There is a lot of staff. She has someone who brings her her meds every day, and they have somebody who will take her to the bank or to go shopping or to the doctor -- wherever she wants to go. It's like eating at a restaurant; we were amazed. They have an activities director who does activities with them every single day. They exercise every day, and they have a walking class and water aerobics. It's just amazing, all the amenities that this place has. Mom loves it plus the nice weather. If it was a brand-new building, and I would give them a 10.

October 29, 2013

By Just A Happy Couple

My Husband and I have been living here for the past 10 months, and have found it to be a very pleasant place. The people here are all pleasant and glad to be of help i f necessary. The Staff here are equally nice and helpful. The rooms are kept clean, , The Activities are scheduled at appropriate times, and plenty of them. No one can be bored. The area is kept beautiful and clean.. The Service for Dr. Appt.'s are scheduled and on time each Mon Wed. and Thurs. We are like one big happy family. We love it. Marie & Albert

August 10, 2013

By Bill24

My in laws are at Spring Haven for a month now. So far it's been pretty good. The place is nice and I liked it. The place is very clean. The staff so far are very nice and helpful.

July 25, 2013

By Purpleangel50

My dad is living at Spring Haven Retirement for a year and a couple of months now. The facility is like a resort and it's beautiful. The people are very friendly and everybody is very nice.

July 23, 2012

My mother-in-law has been staying in Spring Haven for almost a month now. We are really glad to find a home for her. I know it's not going to be easy for her especially it's new for her to stay in a facility without a family member but I'm pretty sure she's well taken care of. All the staff are really pleasant and very helpful. It was a great decision that we chose this community for my mother-in-law.

Independent Living Reviews for Spring Haven Retirement

April 16, 2021

By Elliot

We visited Spring Haven in Winter Haven. They had a swimming pool, exercise room, and a lake next to the facility. They also drive you to doctors appointments and shopping. The layout of the apartment was nice. It was a one-bedroom, with a living room that was 12x17, and the bedroom was 11x12. They had a kitchenette, a bathroom, and walk-in closet. Total square feet was probably about 600.

March 22, 2021

By Robyn

Spring Haven is very nice, but they don't have transportation to the VA. However, they're remodeling the place, and they have a really nice pool, so it looks very nice. It's a very country-like setting. They have walking trails around the lake, and they have several activities listed on a daily sheet. The staff who assisted me was very nice.

March 18, 2021

By Kimberly

My parents are at Spring Haven Retirement. The meals are taken care of. It is a friendly place, and it seems like they are well taken care of. Their staff is good; they're pretty much on to what they need to do. They check things out, and they are available and if you need to talk to them. It is a very good place. It is a nice two-bedroom apartment. I have kind of checked around to see if we could find anything more affordable, but everything else around Winter Haven is not even two-bedroom -- and no kitchen. Their facility is good because they have two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. They seemed pretty happy. They play games, play cards, and do puzzles, but because of COVID they are kind of limited as far as getting together.

February 22, 2016

By Richard120865450

Spring Haven Retirement has all levels of care all the way up to memory care. My wife is in the independent living unit. Everything has been working out fine, so far. The apartment is very good and adequate for what my wife needs. I have already recommended this facility to someone.

November 22, 2015

By Richard116640950

Spring Haven had a nursing facility attached to the independent living side. The lady who guided our tour was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and provided the information we needed, so we were quite content. They had quite a number of activities and a nice dining hall. The rooms we looked at seemed to be OK. They had community transportation available for doctors' appointments.

September 30, 2015

Spring Haven Retirement is a larger facility and also much newer. Also I noticed, you may have to walk a long way down long halls to get from one place to another. It made me think that if you have congestive heart failure, COPD, or asthma, that could be a problem for you because you have to walk long distances. Their accommodations looked pretty good to me. The staff was very good. Everybody that we run into was very helpful and friendly. They seemed to be conducting themselves in a professional manner. People who live there seemed to be very happy.

June 07, 2015

By Sharon108526850

Spring Haven had nice apartments. They had a buffet breakfast and lunch. It was very nice. The only thing negative about it was that they had very long narrow hallways. The people seemed friendly.

September 26, 2013

We are now at Spring Haven and everything is just fine. We chose this place because the apartment is spacious and comfortable. We also like the dining room. I would recommend this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Spring Haven Retirement

Questions about Spring Haven Retirement

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Each staff member goes through a training program before working with residents, and then completes ongoing monthly training and in services as needed. Memory Care staff members receive an additional eight hours of training specifically focused on dementia care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Spring Haven Retirement. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of our assisted living is quite diverse. Our residents range in age from 55 to 102, and the amount of men and women is fairly equal. With such a broad spectrum of people, there is always someone to talk to and a new friend to make!

What programs or activities does Spring Haven Retirement offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our programs are designed to meet the needs of all of our residents. We offer a variety of activities, including games, entertainers, pet therapy, religious services, and fun outings to help our residents stay active and engaged.

What places are near Spring Haven Retirement or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

What transportation services does Spring Haven Retirement offer to assisted living residents?

Spring Haven offers transportation to doctor’s appointments within five miles of the community. We also schedule weekly trips to stores, lunch and dinner outings, and trips to the bank and the library.

What makes the chef or dining program at Spring Haven Retirement exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a diverse menu designed by a registered dietitian. Each meal features three different home-style options, and an anytime menu with a few resident favorites.

What safety features or security measures does Spring Haven Retirement offer to assisted living residents?

Our community is equipped with pull cords in each apartment, and we offer emergency pendants to each resident.

How does Spring Haven Retirement keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Wellness Director stays in close communication with each resident’s family members regarding any concerns or changes in their condition. Family members are invited to participate in programming, and can view current photos of activities and events on our Facebook page.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Spring Haven Retirement during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our assisted living is staffed above the state requirements in order to provide the best possible care for each resident.

If Spring Haven Retirement accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We welcome both dogs and cats at Spring Haven! Our community has a great walking path to allow your furry friend to get some fresh air and exercise.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Spring Haven Retirement. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of our independent living is quite diverse. Our residents range in age from 45 to 102, and the amount of men and women is fairly equal. With such a broad spectrum of people, there is always someone to talk to and a new friend to make!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Our community is located within walking distance of a few great local restaurants and shops, a movie theater, and an ice cream shop! We are about five miles away from downtown Winter Haven, which offers a great variety of restaurants and shops!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Spring Haven Retirement has organized?

Residents enjoy frequent lunch and dinner outings, park picnics, shows at the Winter Haven Theater, and even trips to the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa!

What transportation services does Spring Haven Retirement offer to independent living residents?

Spring Haven offers transportation to doctors appointments within five miles of the community. We also schedule weekly trips to stores, lunch and dinner outings, and trips to the bank and the library

What makes the chef or dining program at Spring Haven Retirement exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

You can find our residents playing Wii Bowling in the activity room, enjoying a game of rummy in the card room, sipping coffee in the café, and soaking up the sun on the pool deck while watching the progress on the construction of our new dock!

What safety features or security measures does Spring Haven Retirement offer to independent living residents?

Does Spring Haven Retirement work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Many of our independent living residents benefit from services through Caring for Seniors! They can provide assistance with everything from laundry to medication management, and allow our residents to maintain their independence as long as possible.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our memory care is staffed above the state requirements in order to provide the best possible care for each resident.

What safety features or security measures does Spring Haven Retirement provide to protect residents who wander?

Our secure memory care unit is the best location for our residents who wander. They still have access to outdoor areas, and enjoy outings with our trained staff members.

What programs or activities does Spring Haven Retirement offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory care programming is centered around “Moments in Time”, a Montessori based approach. This hands on approach uses both group activities and one on one interactions to ensure that all residents are as active and engaged as possible.

Our memory care program coordinator assesses each resident’s health and cognitive functioning every six months, or after any change in their condition. We work closely with home health companies and hospice providers to help monitor and maintain the health and well being of each resident.

What techniques does Spring Haven Retirement use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our memory care staff joins our residents at the table for each meal to engage and encourage them throughout the meal time. For our residents who prefer to be on the go, we offer a variety of finger foods to meet their nutritional needs.

How does Spring Haven Retirement keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Memory Care Program Coordinator stays in close communication with each resident’s family members regarding any concerns or changes in their condition. Family members are invited to participate in programming and family nights, and can view current photos of activities and events on our Facebook page.

Describe the neighborhood around Spring Haven Retirement. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Spring Haven is located in a primarily residential area, but is close to many businesses.

Is Spring Haven Retirement affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

While we are not affiliated with a hospital, we are located just two miles away from Winter Haven Hospital, and work closely with them.

Costs for Spring Haven Retirement

Photos of Spring Haven Retirement

Services and Amenities of Spring Haven Retirement

• Companion Suites: No

• Pool

About Spring Haven Retirement

Forget what you thought you knew about retirement living – this is retirement living that will make you say WOW!

Independent Living at Meridian Senior Living provides the best of all worlds to our residents – whatever their need may be. Our independent residents enjoy active, engaging lifestyles that promote health, well-being, and independence, along with a host of services and amenities, and peace of mind with additional care offered on campus.

Our Independent Living Residents Enjoy:

• A variety of worry-free apartment choices
  • Discreet person-centered services in a warm, friendly community setting
  • New opportunities to play an active, full part in family, community and civic life
  • Daily meals served restaurant style in a central dining area
  • Enriching activities and educational programs
  • Group exercise classes and access to wellness and personal care services
  • Housekeeping, maintenance and truly worry-free, maintenance-free living

The Fundamentals of Assisted Living at Meridian Senior Living

At Meridian Senior Living, our services and amenities ensure residents enjoy a comfortable, worry-free lifestyle. For added peace of mind, our dedicated staff is on site and available 24/7.

Services Include:

• Companion and private room accommodations, furnished/unfurnished, cable TV
  • Private bath in each room with step-in showers, private spa
  • Assistance with activities of daily living and medication management
  • Wellness and personal care services
  • Comprehensive dining program, special diets accommodated
  • Enriching social activities, group classes, wellness, fitness and educational programs
  • Housekeeping, laundry services, maintenance, transportation and concierge services
  • On-site beauty salon and barber shop
  • On-call physician services

Making every day special can mean a lifetime of happiness for someone living with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of memory-robbing dementia. Each of our compassionate, skillfully trained caregivers is committed to making each day special for those living in our memory care neighborhoods.

Located on five lush acres of land, Spring Haven Retirement is a senior living community full of envious services and amenities. With a pool, hot tub and community dock on Lake Hartridge, not to mention a convenient location to shopping and nearby attractions, this is a lifestyle worth celebrating.

Map of Spring Haven Retirement