Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

Reviews of Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

Assisted Living Reviews for Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

December 20, 2015

By John112728750

I live in Lauderhill Manor. It’s not a bad assisted living community, but it’s not as desirable as people think. There aren't any activities for the elderly. We do puzzles; that’s it. The food is OK. My room is private and wonderful, and I have my own TV and bed. In the daytime you can walk out to McDonald’s and Checkers, but it’s not the greatest neighborhood at night. The staff is very good, very nice, and pleasant. They make the bed, do the laundry for you, give you medication, and clean the room.

August 24, 2014

My uncle is in Lauderhill Manor and he is under their hospice care at this point. He seems to be very happy and I think it is important not to move him anywhere at this stage. He has been there for over five years now. Actually, the facility changed names twice when new owners took over . We took him there is because it was affordable for him -- that was the major criteria. Currently, he is in a program that provides aid and attendants for veterans. He is a WWII veteran and he was accepted through the VA. I believe they have gotten better. Before, we were not happy with what was happening because he had bedsores on his legs and he would refuse to be bathed and cleaned. There were some major issues that kind of threw me off, so I wasn't very happy with them at that time. It is a facility that has gone through some changes in personnel and ownership and when we first started him there, it everything seemed okay. They've known him for so long there that the staff care for him, so I don't really see any major problems. It has gotten better. There were communication problems at one point -- I wasn't be able to get through to anybody. There have been some major changes where they don't have a nurse at the facility anymore. They have someone who comes in once or twice a week and that's all. He likes the food and he is quite content there. He has his own room; he knows the staff and some of the people there -- that's about it.

August 24, 2013

By Ronald6

I'm currently staying at Courtyards at Inverrary. It is the nicest looking place that I found. The food is very good and I have a single room. The staff, as far as the medtech and the CNAs, they are all very hardworking people. They enjoy working with the residents but it is understaffed. This place use to have a lock down memory care unit and the patients there cannot roam around, but now, the whole facility seems to be a memory care unit. They need to put back patients with advance Alzheimer's and dementia in a lock down memory care section.

Costs for Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

Photos of Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

Services and Amenities of Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

About Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC

From the moment one steps foot into Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale, a true sense of relief is felt with the custom designed look and feel of a classical “Colonial” village coming alive. While other assisted living facilities can claim that they “feel like home”, here residents are surrounded by design concepts to reflect their very own street of their actual home.

An Inspiring, All-inclusive Lifestyle

Colonial at Fort Lauderdale provides a beautiful, comfortable atmosphere for seniors and supports their personalized lifestyles with daily living care needs. As living options, residents are offered private suites along with shared “friendship suites” to choose. Among the host of amenities in this lovely setting, are everything you’d expect in luxury living, affordable. Our beautiful healing gardens and outdoor courtyards provide a relaxed, natural feel that promotes comfort and safety. Our spacious common areas provide a great setting for making new friends or visiting with old friends and family members. Little extras like satellite TV, on-site beauty salon, a wellness center and private dining for families to dine with their loved ones are amongst a few of the amenities that make Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale the absolute best choice in affordable assisted living options throughout all of Broward County, Florida.

Our community provides our residents with an outstanding quality of life on every level. The surroundings are vibrant and uplifting, the food is healthy and delicious, and our staff does everything possible to put smiles on the faces of our residents.

Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale is truly unique within assisted living communities located in Broward County, Florida. This newly renovated community has been featured in many design editorials and is competing for the nation’s best designed affordable assisted living award.

Map of Colonial Assisted Living at Fort Lauderdale LLC