Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

June 29, 2012

By Lakawow

The facilities were very nice. They had different wings for the patients and the same nurses tended to work the same wings, so we became friends with the nursing staff as we also visited my grandmother. She was well taken care of and I could tell the staff was genuinely happy to be there and to help the patients. The food was well done and healthy and tasty. We were encouraged to come eat with my grandmother and they had meals and events at holidays that were well decorated. The facilites were not only pretty, but very clean. I never saw any dirt or anything that wasn't well taken care of. And they had a beautiful courtyard that allowed us to go on walks with my grandmother when the weather was nice. And they had outdoor furniture that allowed us to sit in the sun and talk. The game room had fun, easy game that my 3 y.o. daughter could play with my grandmother together. And I really liked the security. The doors couldn't be opened from the inside without a door code. And the doors were in sight of all the nurses stations.

January 17, 2011

By lovemydaddy1

This Facility Has Been the Best Thing That Could Have Ever Happened to My Family!!!

My family and I decided it was time to place my beloved father in a nursing home due to the fact that we could no longer care for him at home. This was the harderst decision we have ever had to make in our lives. However, we are very lucky to find such a caring, loving, and truly life saving facility as Destin Healthcare. The staff there strive to make a difference in everyone's life that they come into contact with. My father is very well taken care of. The staff are very open, honest and friendly. This is a very home-like environment. I am also friends with the family members of other residents of this faciliy and everone couldn't be happier with their decision to come to Destin Healthcare. This is why when I read the review saying that Destin Healthcare was so awful I was completely confused. I have never experienced anything like what was decribed. Sometimes we have trouble accepting the fact that Mom or Dad are ill, not understanding why things happen the way that they do and taking it out on others. My only thought for that family is that everything is okay with them and that they find the peace of mind that they need! As for my family and my father, we couldn't be happier. I would really just like to take the opportunity to thank everyone at Destin Healthcare for taking such great care of my father. I truly believe in the staff there and the care that they provide for each and every one of their residents!

January 14, 2011

By Mary Smith

DO NOT ADMIT YOUR LOVED ONE TO THIS FACILITY

Our father is clinging to life due to the extremely poor care received at this nursing home. Specifics: he was dehydrated and not given ample fluids. He had zero body fluid when rushed to a nearby hospital today; His kidneys had shut down. His lips were cracked and he was craving liquids. He was only in the nursing home for 2.5 weeks and was never evaluated by a physician. When questioned about the fluid intake I was told by the "in charge" nurse that they are not mandated by law to place this information in the patient chart.It was kept in the patient room. I asked her how could she be sure that my father was not dehydrated and she assured me that liquids were given to him on a frequent basis. Another concern is that they do not bathe the patients on a regular basis. The hospital said they will bathe him because of his strong body odor when admitted. We could not find his clothes on a recent visit and finally they were found in a dirty pile in the bottom of the closet in his room. My sister went to the washing machine and washe d and dried them herself. He had been wearing filthy clothes as observed by several family members on a recent visit. He had mouth sores and blisters in his mouth and apparently, they never swabbed and swished his mouth on a regular basis as it had been detected that he had bacteria in his mouth. His breath gave that away! If you decide to admit your loved one to this nursing facility, I strongly suggest you have someone in the room with him at all times to observe and to make sure that they get the care they deserve. Insist that a physician evaluate your loved one within 2 weeks minimum. I would not treat a dog like this! He is in God's hands now and we can only pray he survives this horrific ordeal. I can't help but wonder how many other patients are receiving the same treatment.

About Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Destin, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center