Madison at Clermont

Reviews of Madison at Clermont

Assisted Living Reviews for Madison at Clermont

January 04, 2022

By Betsy

I like the engagement of the staff in Madison at Clermont. They are very, very helpful as we were going through the process and trying to understand what this experience was going to be like. They've been highly engaged with both myself and my mother throughout this process. Everything is very clean, very welcoming, well-maintained, and feels very safe. It's recently had a makeover, so everything is very new. My mother says the food has been fantastic. With the activities, they've done an ice cream social so far, special entertainment for the holidays, and some outings to see the Christmas lights. They have a library, several activity rooms, and a beautiful lobby with lots of seating for the residents to come down and be with one another. The neighborhood is quiet, there are lots of trees and there's a view of a lake. So, it's just beautiful.

June 23, 2021

By Brunelle

My husband and I have been here in the Madison at Clermont since August. I like the spacious room that we're in. It's a two-bedroom apartment. The staff is very good and friendly. The residents too are friendly people. I am in the assisted living part and this is an older section of the facility but it is being updated at this time. I know there's a lake that's about three blocks away from here that you can see. They trim the trees, there's a pharmacy right next door, a fast food, and regular restaurants about two blocks away. The food is good. They've just remodeled the dining area and it looks beautiful with new carpets, new tables, and chairs. They have exercises in the mornings, bingo after lunch, and trivia. There's not a lot of activities, so I think we need more of that, but I understand that they also have people in wheelchairs who get the kind of exercises that they needed, and there's also a memory care unit.

January 14, 2021

By Lynn

We're placing my mother-in-law in Madison at Clermont. The staff there seems very nice and friendly. It's in very good shape. It's a lot smaller than the facility she's coming from so it's going to be easier for her to learn to get around. There will be less people so she will be more familiar with them. Not only the staff, but the residents there. She will make friends quicker. The studio apartment looks just like her current one except it's a little bit bigger. The thing I like most about the community layout is the fact that it is easy to move her between the dining room and upstairs.

December 24, 2020

By Robert

I had a good tour of Madison at Clermont. The staff was good. I think it would be a great place. I just don't think it fits into my mom's budget. I like the location and the people. It's centrally located in Clermont, so it's easy to get to and easy to get out of. It's close to restaurants, there's a hotel right nearby, there are single family homes behind it, and there are medical doctors all around the area. It's a good location to me. There are others that may have more amenities, but they are more money. I saw the dining area and the recreation room. The facility was clean and in good shape.

October 05, 2020

By Diana

My mother moved into Madison at Clermont. Everybody was friendly and awesome. I like the size of the room. She was able to fit all of her bedroom furniture in there that she's had for 60 years now. It was clean, and the price was amazing. They're gonna be doing renovations. I pointed out, "You might want to put fresh coat of paint here," and the fixtures are kind of off the wall. They reassured me that the renovations are gonna be starting in the next couple of months. When I asked how they're gonna be dealing with the renovations with people living there, they explained it thoroughly. They told me that it's not gonna affect the resident. They're gonna do one room at a time starting with the dining room and they're gonna be redoing everything and getting new furniture in, new rugs, new everything. They also showed me the memory care side that's locked down so the residents can't walk out on their own, but they bring their residents out with the assisted living side to do activities if they want to. I like that they mingle them together if they choose to do that. They also have their own courtyard. She's in the assisted living with just her pills being delivered to her. She's got her own back patio that's 12x7, and it's screened in and it's overlooking some plants in the front.

May 20, 2020

By Reviewer050720

We're happy with Madison at Clermont, and my mother-in-law is happy there as well. She's in a studio apartment, and she has plenty of room. The facility is nice and small, which she likes. The staff is good. They serve her a variety of food, and she's happy with that. She seems to enjoy it there.

August 30, 2018

By Yvette

My mom will be moving into Brookdale Clermont today. We chose it because my mom liked the room better. They have friendly clientele and the residents seemed happy. They also had an incentive if we moved in by the end of the month. Name it, they have it. They have everything. Their hospitality and their being able to work with us have been very helpful.

November 02, 2017

By Penny

Brookdale Clermont was a nice place. The staff was really nice, friendly, and professional. The place was very clean. The room in the memory care unit was OK.

May 25, 2017

By jack488116

I visited Brookdale, it was an older facility, and it was dated. It did not have a great location. The staff was very nice, and the dining area was fine, but it needs updating. She showed us a couple of the updated places. There was not much to look at but the back of a shopping center. Most of the people I saw were older than my parents, and I didn't know if it would be a good fit for them.

December 03, 2016

By Happy Visitor423084

I liked Brookdale Clermont. All of the residents that we were passing by -- most of them seemed to be asleep. Everybody seemed to be nice. The place and the staff were nice, and the people were nice but didn’t seem to be very active.

August 17, 2016

By Brenda532781

Brookdale was nice but did not fit my needs. The rooms were suitable, and the the staff was excellent. The dining area looked clean and neat. It was an older facility, but they had plans for renovations. The price was comparable to others.

March 31, 2016

By Steve126281250

My wife is in Clermont Health & Rehabilitation Center right now. We had a rough time getting them to understand her medication schedule which is every 3 hours. It’s an older facility, well kept, and small. Everything is semi-private so you get very little room; there’s no privacy. The food looked tastefully good.

February 15, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor 102

I thought Brookdale Clermont was very good. It was a nice place, and it was clean. I thought it was an inviting environment. The food seemed good. The people were nice. I really like it, and it’s probably what we will look at if we need to use a facility.

December 21, 2015

Brookdale Clermont smells like you are in a nursing home rather than in an assisted living facility. There were a lot of elderly folks in wheelchairs roaming the hallways who seemed kind of lost. The rooms were standard. The deluxe room they showed us was pretty nice. The people we spoke to were all nice. The dining room looked fine. There was a small library and a hair salon.

December 10, 2015

By RB1

The staff was extremely friendly at Brookdale. We ate there and it was very good. The dining area was very pleasant and nice. The room that they offered us was a very nice apartment. The activities that we observed were not too many, there were some puzzles in the hallway, but I understand they were going to do construction in their activity areas.

September 16, 2015

My parents are at Brookdale Clermont. They're doing good. My mother doesn't do well in changes, but she is coming along. They treat my parents well. If they need something, they're there. Food is good. They serve them three meals a day. There is a lot included in the price that I'm paying. They help them with getting to and from the dining room for meals. A doctor comes in on every Thursday, and he goes to all the residents. He is doing like a house call. The staff is friendly and straight to the point. They have nursing on staff. They have people on staff to administer medications. The administrator is great, and everybody knows everybody on a first name basis basically. The patient to staff ratio is almost 5:1. They have a lot of call buttons. If they need some, they push it. They have people there 24/7. Plus it is close to my home; I'm 7 minutes away.

September 07, 2015

By Lynn112560950

Brookdale Clermont was old, not bright and cheery. It’s kind of depressing although the room was OK. However, the area where people gathered and the dining room were very disappointing. There was a small activity room, and that was disappointing too.

August 27, 2015

The rooms seemed a little bit larger, and they had a screened porch or balcony, which we thought was nice. The staff was fine. The biggest problem with Brookdale Clermont (Formerly Emeritus at Oak Park) is our son lives in Leesburg, so that would be a long way for him to come visit. It had a negative effect on our decision, but we liked the place.

July 28, 2015

By Meg6

So far, I've been very happy with Brookdale Clermont (Formerly Emeritus at Oak Park). They all seem to be working well together and responsive. My mother loves it. Her room got a balcony and a screened-in porch. She has not been feeling well enough to go down to the dining room, but it looks wonderful. She has been having her meals brought up to her right now. The staff has been great. I've been dealing with mainly the wellness director, the nursing leader, and the director, and they've all been very responsive. They have church services, outings to different places, to the grocery store, and to the beach, but she has not partaken in anything.

July 06, 2015

By Marsha28

Brookdale Clermont (Emeritus at Oak Park) is a smaller community with about 60 rooms. It also is very close to my sister, so the location was important to us. It is quite intimate, so almost all the staff knows the residents very well. I have had dinner there, and the dining room is nice. My mother loves the fact that they had real napkins; it was a big deal to her that they had real napkins. They have music that comes in. My mother has some dementia, not enough to be in a memory unit, but if she should ever get there, then they have that available to us too. It is not like she is going to do a lot of Bingo playing and that type of thing, but they do have that available. She loves to have her haircut, and they have a salon on site, so she got her haircut and her nails done, and she was very thrilled with that. The staff was very professional and very caring, and that probably had a lot to do with our decision.

May 28, 2015

The overall experience with Brookdale Clermont (Emeritus at Oak Park) has been very good. They certainly try to include and involve our mother, and they also have provided me the necessary feedback and good feedback that we need to keep up with. She is in an efficiency apartment, but it certainly is the adequate space that she needs. I’ve eaten there a couple of times, and so far, it’s been alright. It’s not steak and lobster, but they do have good choices. Overall, the preparation and the quantity for the residents are pretty spot on. They have outings and singing groups or people that come periodically, and they have special visits like a magician or video games, so they have different activities. We were impressed with the overall cleanliness, the overall appearance of the surroundings that they are in, and the personable touch.

May 28, 2015

By Cindy106463150

We chose Brookdale Clermont. The room that she is in is very large. They do her clothes and laundry as well. The staff would come in during the night to make sure she is OK. They also have a necklace monitor. They were really nice, and they also administer all her medications. They give them three meals a day in which they definitely need a new cook in there, and she is not happy with it. She does Bingo, but we are not really thrilled with the activities they have for the seniors.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with the meals and activities provided. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

May 29, 2014

By Maria30

I visited Emeritus at Oak Park because I live very close to that place. But my father doesn’t want to live here, so he went home to Puerto Rico. He has Alzheimer's. I’m very happy with the visit. I don’t know the name of the woman who works there, but she's a very nice person. The place is very clean. If I need to select a place for my father, that is a good place for him. I want a place that is like a home, and I think that Emeritus at Oak Park is like that. It’s a very good place. My husband and I are happy about it. I saw a man's room. It’s like a studio, and it’s very clean and comfortable. It looks like a bedroom in their house. I love that he has a family picture there and he remembers his family. I cried when I saw it. They gave me a calendar that has various activities, and I saw that they had a church service inside.

January 29, 2014

By Ivan2

I had one issue with the Emeritus at Oak Park as to what I was told when I pulled my mother out. That they'll still assess me for not giving them the full month's notice even though I thought that as long as they sold the place or rented it out again, I would not be punished, but I still got punished. My stepfather was also there, but he died of cancer. She had a nice room that she shared with her husband. She slept on the couch, which was her choice as I understand, while he slept on the hospital bed. As far as I know, they were safe and it's clean. The staff was very good. But, they need a larger facility. For the number of patients they had, they were cramped.

September 13, 2013

By Echo1

I went to Emeritus at Oak Park and it was clean. The rooms were not as spacious as you wanted it to be but it was good. I did not try their food but they had restaurant-style serving. The residents seemed quite happy.

August 27, 2013

By Arthur3

I was looking for a place and I visited Emeritus at Oak Park. It is a nice place. They have a swimming pool there. Everything is beautiful. However, I couldn't afford the price with the income I have.

June 25, 2013

By caring0004

We had a quick walk through at Emeritus at Oak Park. It was a very nice place. Their rooms were nice and I thought some were bigger and nicer. The overall facility was homey for us. It would be a lovely place to stay but we have just decided that we did not want to move to any place right now.

April 01, 2013

By joyour

I am a retired healthcare executive who has the opportunity to visit over 1,000 healthcare centers throughout the United States. Emeritus at Oak Park is truly an exceptional center. The facility layout is very good, a variety of services and activities offered, THE most impressive is the centers employees and the family and caring attitude they represent. Not only would I place my parents as a resident of this facility, I am going to go and volunteer and enjoy this wonderful professional healthcare center.

December 27, 2012

By JackieO2

My father is in Emeritus at Oak Park right now. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond. My dad can be very, very difficult sometimes, but they take care of him. They're great, especially, Carrie. She's really wonderful and compassionate. I love her to death. Everybody is, but she really standout. It's just a shame that I have to pull my dad out of there and move him to New York. But I want him close to me and my mom.

August 14, 2012

By Martha5

The building structure of this place is okay. But for someone who is in a wheelchair or scooter, the surrounding area might be a bit difficult. I toured several rooms and they were nice even if it only has a microwave and a small refrigerator in them. The staff was wonderful. They were very friendly. I also noticed residents playing bingo when I was checking this place. Everything I saw here was positive, I will recommend this place.

February 28, 2012

I currently reside with my daughter and son in law. But, I am actively researching assisted living facilities in the Clermont area. I came across Emeritus at Oak Park. I toured the facility with 2 other ladies, My daughter, and My son in law as I am hoping to find my own space with 2 to 3 months. My first impression of the property was how beautiful and well kept it was. It was a great experience as we even had an opportunity to experience the great food as we stayed for lunch. Our representative, T. was helpful and delightful. At first glance I was amazed at how small some of the rooms were until T. showed us another room. It was occupied but, I could tell that it was ample space. I was most concerned about the money. It's a bit pricey for me. I almost felt it was out of my league. But, T. assured me that she could offer resources for some contacts at the VA who could offer assistance.

Memory Care Reviews for Madison at Clermont

• Spanish

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Madison at Clermont

Welcome to Madison at Clermont!

Seniors from Clermont and surrounding areas such as Orlando choose our community for exceptional assisted living and memory care services.

Vibrancy and charm are what separate Madison at Clermont from other communities. When seniors and their families visit us, they quickly discover our dedication and expertise to true senior living.

We are near exciting local spots such as Lilly’s on the Lake with tropical drinks and foods overlooking Lake Minneola, the Clermont Historic Village Museum to view preserved structures, and the Waterfront Park for family get-togethers or fishing excursions. Madison at Clermont is close to Florida Citrus Tower, a vintage attraction with panoramic views, as well as popular restaurants, convenient shopping and physician’s offices and hospitals.

Assisted Living

Madison at Clermont encourages you to pursue what you love doing, not what you feel like you have to do such as chores and upkeep. We take care of your meals, housekeeping, maintenance and more while you enjoy all the services and amenities offered here. Our associates will provide the care you need while also giving you the space to allow you to pursue whatever you like to do.

Our services include:

• Licensed nurse on call 24/7
  • Associates on site 24/7
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting assistance

Memory Care Services

At the Madison at Clermont, individualized attention serves as the foundation of our services. With our specialized SPIRIT programming, memory care residents are given the atmosphere, programs, events, dining options and caring associates necessary to continue living life vibrantly. Our services include:

• 24/7 specially trained memory care associates
  • Brain fitness and memory enhancement programs
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting assistance

Our community is very family oriented and feels like home. We have a walking path and an outdoor patio dining area for our residents to enjoy.

Map of Madison at Clermont