Valle Verde

Reviews of Valle Verde

Assisted Living Reviews for Valle Verde

July 14, 2015

By Jeri7

I did not choose to leave my mother there even though she bought in to the facility. It wasn't a good fit for her. I found it a little depressing the first 13 days. The staff was good, but the atmosphere was not good. She started going to independent, which had very nice little casitas or small houses, and then she had to go into assisted, and we made the best of it, but it's just one room, and it's not an uplifting experience. I'm still friends with some of the staff. They had good staff, but it was not great on atmosphere. They had a variety of activities, but they made it a little bit difficult to access those activities especially when someone is in a wheelchair. Getting around was not easy at Valle Verde. But the security was great, very personalized, effective, and ever present when they needed to be.

Dear Jeri7,

Thanks very much for your positive feedback regarding our team members and community. I also appreciate your insight regarding the transition from a residential home to an assisted living suite. I agree that transitions can be difficult. I’d welcome the opportunity to connect and learn from your meaningful experiences. You can reach me at your convenience via email at mhonig@abhow.com or phone at 805-883-4118.

Thanks again for your time and honest sharing, Melissa

June 19, 2014

I visited Valle Verde last May, and I will be moving there because it has all the features and the activities that I was looking for. It's also situated in a good location. The cost is reasonable, and the food is excellent. The rooms are all on the ground floor, and they were all remodeled. It seems that the facility is well kept up. The marketing staff was much more suitable when I went there again.

Thank you for your kind remarks. At Valle Verde, we strive to continuously live out our mission of providing housing, healthcare and supportive services in a safe, positive and uplifting environment. We are glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our community, and we look forward to welcoming you as a resident. Thank you again for your honest feedback.

-Melissa Honig, Interim Executive Director

June 28, 2012

By caring6183

Dad spent a couple of weeks there and it did not work out at all. One, they're very expensive and two, my dad is not the most compliant person. He's a pretty unsociable person. They're quite expensive but the staff seemed to be okay. They're a decent staff but when they're around my dad it's very difficult to be cheerful. He had a big stroke about a year and a half ago. Dad's room there was very simple. It was shared with another resident. Dad was quite not comfortable there although the place seemed decent for what it was and I don't know what to say beyond that. It's got very nice landscaping and the few residents I saw seemed comfortable and happy. Overall it appears very nice. It appeared to be well maintained.

June 22, 2012

By luke112

Valle Verde is one of the best retirement facilities I have ever visited. Not only the infrastructure is well maintained and specifically built for elders, but it also provides warm and caring staff that are willing to help the people. Unlike many other retirement homes, this facility provides many activities for residents, ranging from learning opportunities to games. I would also recommend this place for people who have relatives or friends with Alzheimer's Disease, since Valle Verde provides a specific section of the community where these people are aided and helped. A great advantage of this retirement home is that it is centrally located between Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo. I used to work in San Luis Obispo, and in a couple hours I was able to get to Valle Verde. This makes an excellent spot for people who work or study but who want to visit their loved ones. I would definitively recommend this retirement home, since it is one of the best I have ever known.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Valle Verde

August 18, 2015

By Leftcoaster

We have lived at Valle Verde for about a year. We expected to be happy here, but we have been ecstatic. How to describe it? The homes are garden apartments, all on one floor, with lush mature landscaping. The residents are outstanding - a number of professors, teachers and doctors which guarantees interesting conversations at dinner. The food is outstanding with open seating, wine with dinner, and multiple choices from an excellent menu. Dress is "California casual" - no jackets needed! Health care is excellent - skilled nursing for post-op care or longer term care, assisted living for those that need more help, an excellent memory care unit, and a number of different independent living arrangements. The staff is, to a person, knowledgeable, responsive, and caring. What more could one want?

April 24, 2015

By Julia S.

My husband and I moved to Valle Verde eight months ago. We based our decision, in part, on the fact that, contrary to other Yelp reviews, Valle Verde has an excellent reputation in the community. We can support that statement wholeheartedly because my mother was a 20 year resident here and we had an opportunity to observe first-hand the level of caring and comfort she received in her years here. In addition, we decided on Valle Verde because of its resident’s diversity and inclusiveness, its garden like collection of cottages and the assurance that we would be appropriately cared for in our last years. The most immediate benefit was the freedom from the responsibilities associated with home ownership and with that came a sense of certainty about the future. Some of the previous reviews were written based on conditions which have since changed – there is new leadership in the administration, open to resident input, an excellent sales and marketing team and a superb support staff that provides needed services. Of course there are complaints, as there are in any connected community, but it appears to me that those are being appropriately addressed by the organization. If you are considering a continuing care residence, I would certainly consider Valle Verde. For us it was the obvious choice.

November 17, 2014

Valle Verde was nice. They showed the rooms to us. They’re very nice as well. They’re big enough for us. They had quite a few of different activities. We didn’t get to do them all because we weren’t there very long, but they have quite a few good ones. The staff was very accommodating. The services and amenities were nice as well. They had a gym, a pool, and different places to eat. They would take you on tours to different places if you wanted to go.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Valle Verde

About Valle Verde

Refund Plans: 80% of Entrance Fee; 50% Refund (Price: 73% of Entrance Fee); Declining Balance over 44 mos. (Price: 50% of Entrance Fee). Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Valle Verde