MuirWoods Memory Care

Reviews of MuirWoods Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for MuirWoods Memory Care

April 02, 2012

By leeb707

I am looking for a facility for my father who has dementia. I toured Adobe House and was very impressed. The whole facility is dedicated to Dementia and Alzheimer's . There are 35 units and there is courtyard so the patients cannot get to the door that leads outside. I was also pleased that they introduced me to the chef. They have a real emphasis on nutrition and use all local produce. The staff is very nice and friendly. They go around and check on the residents every hour.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for MuirWoods Memory Care

Photos of MuirWoods Memory Care

Services and Amenities of MuirWoods Memory Care

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: RCFE/Dementia

About MuirWoods Memory Care

We are an assisted living community that is dedicated to the care of residents with dementia. Our community, located on North McDowell Blvd. in Petaluma, is uniquely designed to navigate easily and offer a familiar feel with protected areas for residents to enjoy. There are many windows throughout the halls and common areas. Additionally each resident suite offers a large window to bring in ample natural light and includes direct access to a beautiful, open-air courtyard. The landscaped courtyard is secured on all sides, so residents can enjoy this space on their own or in the company of friends.

We develop and implement a plan of care for each resident individually, ensuring that we meet not only the physical care needs but, their social and family engagement needs as well. We offer amenities such as on-site physician visits, podiatry care, mobile dental services and an onsite beauty salon. Since helping people with cognitive changes is our specialty, our entire staff is focused on the specific needs of our residents.

Free-standing dedicated memory care community. Residents can walk freely through the community with large windows and lots of natural light & access to beautiful courtyard with bird aviary, gardens and outdoor activity areas. Two dining halls so higher functioning residents and more advanced dementia residents can dine together.

Map of MuirWoods Memory Care