Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

August 04, 2021

By RoFo

Our Executive Director, Ruth, displays a warm, enthusiastic and caring -personality. Her attitude is reflected in the work of all of the staff and, as a result, is felt by the residents. I feel, as a resident, that we are all constantly working together to make this a nicer place in which to live.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

July 23, 2021

By Elta Shaw

Pacifica Senior Living is amazing. The management and staff really go above and beyond. They are embracing Carolyn and making her a part of their lives. They are using her dining table for everyone to share, just outside her door. Whatever she needed, they got it for her. Carolyn’s room is small but adequate!

Hi Elta Shaw, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 23, 2021

By Best Friend Lynn

Selecting a good facility at a reasonable price isn't easy! It took a couple of visits to this lovely facility, and multiple conversations with the friendly, helpful Exec. Dir. before we made the final choice. In addition to the tour, I had the opportunity to eat two of their delicious meals with my loved one who requires assisted living. Everyone was helpful and friendly and I wouldn't have minded moving in myself!

Hi Best Friend Lynn, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 16, 2021

By Ninagreen

My family member arrived in poor physical health and needed quite a bit of assistance. Within a few months, due to the good food and responsive caring staff and consistent care, his physical and mental state is much improved. The staff really responds to questions and requests. I appreciate their help so much. The facility is comfortable and clean and attractive and the food is really good.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

July 15, 2021

By Felipe Hernandez

I have a family member who lives at this facility, and they're very happy here. The friendly staff are always helpful, and they tell me they really enjoy the food and activties. Very beautiful building.

Hello Felipe Hernandez, thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

By Happy Carol & Wally

Ruth, Josie, Rodney, Bebe, and the entire staff are so friendly. My husband Wally and I love the beautiful unique grounds and property. We also love the diversity of all the residents.

By Dennis R.

I'm a resident of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. It is a very nice facility. The people here are very helpful and friendly. The director is a woman named Ruth, and she's terrific. At least every second day, in the dining room, she'll go table to table and will ask people how they're doing it and if there's anything she needs to correct and stuff like that. The food is very, very good. If you get to eat lunch and dinner, you get a set meal, but if you don't want it, there are lots of alternatives from salads, hotdogs, cheeseburgers, egg salad, tuna salad, and sandwiches. It's very good. You can find something you want every day. The other residents are very nice. I'm friends with several of them. I eat breakfast with one person, lunch and dinner with another, and it is very pleasant. I would recommend this strongly. The staff is excellent. I don't really get engaged in any activities they have. They don't really interest me. They have a movie every night, usually just Saturday nights, but starting soon there'll be nightly and that'll be nice. I enjoy going to the movies. I don't want to be involved in spelling bees or bean tosses or stuff like that. The activities are geared for people more handicapped. The activities are sort of silly. My friend reads her poetry, but none of that stuff interests me. I just like being here. I like the food, I like the movies, and I like the staff a lot. I like it here a lot. I'm very happy that I chose this place, and people tell me it's really the best facility in Oakland, so I'm happy I'm here.

Hello Dennis R., thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

July 01, 2021

By CodaKev

My 88 year old father started in respite care in early June following a short stint at the hospital and is transitioning to be a full time resident. While he was able to live alone up until recently, the day-to-day hassle of meal prep, social isolation, distance from immediate family and decreasing sure footedness, it was time to make a change, which he welcomed. I cannot praise enough the tremendous help we received from the executive director. Her positivity and unwavering commitment in guiding us through a time-critical situation was simply amazing. She is tireless and was always quick to return calls or text messages to answer any questions or concerns we had. While the facility is older, it's beautifully maintained and filled with a lot of craftsman detail and charm. The staff is very friendly and attentive and they went out of their way to introduce my father to the residents. This was a very welcome benefit following more than a year in Covid isolation at his home. There is a spectrum of people at Pacifica, many needing little to no assistance while others with clear memory care needs. It's also quite ethnically diverse, which for us being from the Bay Area was a huge plus. Most importantly, my father always seems content and happy and is enjoying his new surroundings.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words.

June 26, 2021

By Sadie

I'm in Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights assisted living, but I get absolutely no assistance. I was living in independent and when my husband passed, I moved over into the assisted. I gave up an apartment for a room, so I moved from an apartment to a room, which I'm in now just for me. I'm satisfied with my room and I'm satisfied that I get no assistance. I'm happy with the living condition. I have a large room, large enough to accommodate my bedroom set and I have a full bedroom set, two dressers, a twin bed and two end tables. I also have a drop leaf dining room table all in this one room. I also have a little sofa and a cabinet. I have a lot of furniture in here, but I still have room. That's eight pieces plus a glider chair, and it's still not overcrowded. It's very nice size, and I also have a nice view out of my big window. It overlooks a nice garden and it overlooks the driveway that leads into the garage. I like my view. I'm happy and satisfied. I don't use any assistance. I only get housekeeping. I have a housekeeper come in one day a week. That's the only part of the staff that I use. Other than that, I'm independent. I do everything for myself, but the staff is very pleasant. The food is good and well balanced. I participate in many of the activities like the brain games. We have a well-equipped gym here and I use it three days a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I do strength training, I ride the bicycle for three miles without stopping, and I use the stepper machine. I use these things without fail because I know if I stop using them, I will go downhill, and I'm 97 years old. At the moment, we don't have an activity person, but we do joyrides.

Hi Sadie, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

January 29, 2021

By Howard

The staff is very attentive, helpful, and courteous. For Respite care, their cost is considerably lower than other homes.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

January 25, 2021

By Stephany

My loved one is at Pacifica Oakland Heights. Please know how absolutely delighted I am with my Aunt Hilde’s experience at Pacifica. I’m in awe of the staff and the tender, loving and compassionate care she is shown. She’s made a remarkable adjustment to her new surroundings—given that she lived independently until she was almost 104-years-old. I credit your fine staff with making her feel welcome; they “get” her. I can always count on your front desk staff to help me with anything I need. They are friendly and supportive. When something isn’t quite right, they want to know, they listen, take responsibility, and work toward resolution. The staff went “all out” for her 105th birthday: Staff helped her into a new frock, the salon did her hair and makeup, and she received hugs and kisses from everyone. Pamela reached out to me to offer her and Pacifica’s help in making sure this birthday was special. It was and my family was very touched and moved. Given I am so far away, I sleep at night knowing that my Aunt Hilde is in competent and caring hands. Pacifica was truly the right choice for her and me. Thank you and your staff for making her days calm and peaceful.

June 21, 2020

By G.D.

I loved Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights; it had a very sweet atmosphere. It was like a little village with a little main street to itself. The two-bedroom that we looked at was just too small and it only had one bathroom, so it wouldn't do. However, we liked the location because of the nature and the trees, and it's the kind of place that I like. The staff member who gave me the tour was very wonderful and very sweet. I had an overall very positive impression of the community. I liked it very much, and compared to other places I think this one is super. I just needed more space.

December 13, 2019

By Adrian

Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was great, but they couldn't take my mom because she has C. diff. We were also upset because at first we thought she was going to assisted living, and what happened was, when they started to do the assessment, it was when we found out that assisted living wouldn't be a good fit for her. They said a better fit would be memory care. Nevertheless, the community was very nice. We like it a lot. The staff was very nice. As a matter of fact, she called me several times afterwards. It was a beautiful building. It was very nice and spacious. They had nice rooms. The dining place was impressive because it looked more like a restaurant than a dining room. The building was old but very well kept. They had a lot of art deco, too. The director was amazing. She took her time from a busy schedule to come in and talk to me. They're very helpful.

Adrian, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

July 02, 2019

By Cheryl

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was very nice, very helpful, and explained everything about the prices and what services they offer. The rooms were fine and had a window, so there's some light coming in, which my mother would like. They had standard entrees every day, and if you don't want to eat what they have, you can pick from their a la carte menu. They had trips they can go out on and services to take you to the doctor. Everybody's very nice.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

October 02, 2018

By MK

My mom moved into Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. The staff is fabulous. The building itself is over 100 years old, but it's a fabulous facility. My mom loves the food, and it's been very good every time I've eaten there. Her room is small. They have a library stocked by donations and a really nice theater where they try to tailor the movies toward everybody. The staff is very good. It's in a location with the best weather in Oakland. There's just not enough parking. I was directed to a garage which is impossible to negotiate. The spaces are so small, you can hardly get in and out of them. They're in the process of remodeling, and their carpet is on their list to get done but hasn't been done yet and puts many people off because it's worn. It's a shame because that shouldn't stop anyone since it's a fabulous facility. It just doesn't give them a good look. It's horribly overpriced, but then everything is in the area.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

April 14, 2017

By Suzy121367

I visited Pacifica Oakland Heights. I thought they were great and a wonderful location. It was quite expensive for us and not something that we thought we could afford. It was beautiful, large, clean, and spacious.

Hi Suzy, we appreciate you taking the time to tour our community. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights take our reviews very seriously. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

November 22, 2016

By Meg883028

I like Pacifica Senior Living a lot. The woman who gave me a tour had me talk to the man who was in charge of the memory care area and that was very nice to connect with him one on one. The place is big but feels very homey and comfortable. I like this one the best from all the places I visited. They have schedule of activities, and I saw the residents gather together for activities.

Meg, thank you for taking the time to leave us you positive 5 star review. You really made our day today. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! We have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

March 18, 2016

By Catherine36

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. I thought the people were very nice and seemed supportive. The building facility seemed comfortable and had different places to walk around, like the courtyard. The residents seemed to be engaged in activities; I know they have different classes and group activities. I talked to a couple of people who had a lot of information to share.

Thanks for the feedback, Catherine. We strive to provide excellent care and customer service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

January 31, 2016

By Susan118922650

The people at Pacific were very helpful, encouraging, and understanding. They were willing to give us shorter term of stay because we didn’t want all of two weeks. The rooms available were pretty stark. The dining area was fine though.

Susan, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

December 30, 2015

By Craig23

Our top choice is Pacifica Senior Living. It’s affordably priced; it’s close to where I am and it has nice facilities. The staff seemed good and they had activities. There are a range of services: they have memory care, independent-living and they have very good assisted living. They all go to the same dining hall.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review.

December 15, 2015

By Katherine22

We have been impressed with Pacifica Senior Living. My mother-in-law is very happy, and she loves the food. They have a café, movies, exercise, and shopping trips. The rooms were spacious.

November 22, 2015

By Susan116636350

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. It was wonderful and seemed absolutely fabulous. I started to fantasize in my mind that I could afford it; then, I came down to reality and realized that my retirement would not be enough. They were very efficient and set up an appointment for me. There was a guy who called us and did a follow-up. They were great and really tried to make us feel so welcome. I wished I had a lot of money so I could go there. There were two bathrooms, one fitted-out for a disabled person. There weren't any stairs, so we would not have to walk up and down. There was a separate living quarters for independent living across the street from the facility. It was much nicer than it had to be and roomy. The buses were taking people here and there. There was a rose garden to sit in. Everybody was kind. The food and all-inclusive meals looked great.

Thank you for your review.

October 27, 2015

We did find respite care for my mother at Pacifica Oakland Heights. We just did a tryout, because they're the only one that allowed us three days. My mother stayed there for three days. The staff was wonderful. They were very open and receptive to hearing what we would like to see at our next day. However, I would like to see that medication management is better watched. Nevertheless, they were very open to us coming and seeing the place, and they worked with our schedule. Like I said, they're the only one that allows a long weekend for respite as opposed to a two-week or one-month stay as a respite.

Hi there, we are disappointed to see your low star review. We strive for 5 star positive reviews and would like to opportunity to speak with you & get some more details about your experience. We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us.

October 27, 2015

By Caring daughter29

My mother has been in Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights going on three weeks. It's an old building, but it looks nice and is secluded right in the city. It's independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing all in one. However, we had some problems with the service, i.e., giving medicine to her on time, and the food is horrible. The grounds are great, but they'll be better because they're undergoing a major remodeling. She has very nice, two connecting rooms. There was a couple of really good people and a couple that aren't very good on-staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

July 16, 2021

By Tom the son in law

We moved my mother in law into one of the cottages about 3 years ago. She lived indecently without supervised care, but was able to enjoy 3 meals a day and activities. She had a fridge, microwave and front and back porch. We'd drop off light groceries once a week and made arrangements for outside housekeeping. She washed her clothes on site. She eventually transitioned into memory care, but had developed releationships with staff that eased that transition

By BCiviello

We've lived here 3 years. We find the accommodations we live in, the apartment, 2-bed/2-bath, with sitting room and so forth is very comfortable. We have a little deck and the property is beautifully landscaped. In our area we have some roses and in-season azaleas. Lots of roses and quite beautiful flowers. Our apartment is relatively modern. We're in the Salem Woods building. Has a kitchen. The food is ok. It's nourishing, there's plenty of it. You live in an institution with 100+ people; it's not like going to hotel. There are plenty of activities. There's music, art, puzzles, history, walking outdoors. All kinds of activities. You can do it or not. The activities are good. I do some; others I don't. They have a bus that will take you to the doctor. The same bus will take you shopping. They offer amenities, excursions, such as a drive to the Port of Oakland, or to the observatory in the hills. For people who have a car, there's parking (garage and street). My daughters come over; there's handicapped parking. When I first came here, I had 2-3 good caregivers who were really helpful to me.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

June 17, 2021

By LCiviello

I have been here over three years. The staff and caregivers are helpful and caring. The food is generally good and lots of it. The grounds are nicely landscaped and maintained. There are lots of activities and a bus to take me to the doctor.

May 25, 2021

By Paula

Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was wonderful. Scott took me around and it was great. I liked all the apartments very much, and the dining room looked very nice. The setting was beautiful because it was very woodsy, green, and very lovely. I was very impressed by the amount of closet spaces in the rooms as well. However, I do a lot of painting and artwork, and the space for art is very limited there, so that's a concern for me. I really wanted them to somehow accommodate and have more space for artists to do their work, where we could store our easels, take it out, and work. Also, I hope they could have a driver that could drive the individuals to where they needed to go. With COVID, there's not as much activity going on, but I saw that they were getting ready to show a movie. It's a lovely environment, and it didn't feel at all institutional to me. Scott, the public relations person who took me around was wonderful, and then Aisis, the woman who greeted me, was wonderful too.

Paula, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Yes, during Covid activates were limited due to Department of Health restrictions and us wanting to keep our residents healthy and safe. Now that things have opened up, you will find we have lots of activities! One of your concerns was there was nowhere to put your art supplies, but I would love to show you on your next visit a storage area I can offer you to store them that is would be easily accessible anytime. I am sorry I did not get to meet you when you tour, but would love to invite you back to have another tour and lunch with me. uth Ocon Executive Director Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights 2361 East 29th Street Oakland CA. 94606

October 01, 2019

By Danielle Hayes

Peaceful, resourceful. Clients appear relaxed and able to cheerful. Staff very helpful.

Hi Danielle, thank you for sharing your review here! We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

April 15, 2019

By John

I went to Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. It's a nice place. I'd move there in a minute, but I can't afford it. It seemed very warm and inviting. The young lady who assisted us was very friendly, and very practiced in the art of making you feel welcome and showing us the various places and the opportunities, and the choices that we would have. They provide a pool table, and a viewing room with a TV. The dining area was very nice, and I met the chef. They have cottages scattered around the area, and it's very attractive.

April 12, 2019

By Randy

Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was great. The staff during the tour was fantastic. Everything looked adequate. It was the best place that we saw out of four locations. They had activities and my uncle has gone there two times as a guest and participant.

Thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 24, 2018

By Jordan

The appearance and layout of Pacifica Oakland Heights is quite tremendous. The buildings and facilities are beautiful. The staff members are phenomenal, wonderful, and friendly people. I've only been here for several weeks and they always seem to know my name. They have a very large dining room that's beautifully done, where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I prefer to make my own breakfast and dinner on occasion because I have a nice kitchen. There's a tremendous amount of activities for the residents, and you can do what you like. Tomorrow we're going to the zoo, which should be fun.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

January 13, 2018

By Caring

I had an appointment with Pacifica. The lady there was not very responsive and acted like I did not have an appointment. She showed me somebody's room that was in total disarray and didn't seem to have time for me. She was not very informative and not forthcoming with information. They had two buildings, but I did not feel safe. I did not like Pacifica at all.

It is upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at (510) 957-9655 at your earliest convenience.

November 30, 2015

By F.S.

Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was very nice. I liked the resident's apartment a lot. I thought the renovations they were doing there would really make it a much more inviting facility, and I liked the staff there that I met. I thought they were very pleasant, very attentive and informative. I thought the food was average. They had usual activities. They had crafts and fitness. They were renovating the place, so they were renovating the fitness room. They had their own in-house beauty salon. They had social activities and movies. They could improve on their food and the entrance lobby. I thought the rest of the place was quite nice, but the entrance lobby where you would go for the reception, I thought they should make that a nicer looking. They should look a little more luxurious and inviting. The facilities and apartments in the other building were very nice and impressive, but they needed nicer furniture and decor for the entrance on their reception area.

F.s., thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

June 24, 2019

By Peggy

My husband just moved into Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights last Monday. So far, it's very clean, the workers are very caring, but very busy. We're comfortable with the place. The only problem I have is, we move him to memory care, and the residents wander into other people's rooms, I found them sleeping in my husband's bed, and I’m not happy with that. They were proactive in taking care of the people's complaints. I was lucky to get him a private room, but we're in a waiting list for a shared room as well. They have activities all day, they want them out of the room in the morning, have breakfast, assist them in getting ready for the day, and they take care of their meds. They offer 3 meals a day, 2 snacks, they keep him clean, and make sure they take care of them. They provide them simple meals and healthy snacks. It's an old building, they did the best they could with what they have, and it's clean.

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed personal experience. We appreciate it and will share with the team. We hope you have a wonderful day.

April 07, 2018

By lgwest

Fred H., the Memory Care Director for Pacifica Oakland Heights, has made a huge and positive impact on my aunt Linda’s experience as a resident. He sets a very high standard for care for his staff. Ive often seen him talk my aunt into doing something she needs to do such as showering etc. with humor or charm. Over the last 3 years as resident she always says how happy she is, how cared for she feels. Fred gets a great deal of credit for this and my aunts safety. Believe me, with growing population of Alzheimer’s there have been challenges Fred has always worked well with us to solve and work through anything that has come up in the most helpful ways. He has a deep awareness of how dementia affects residents, while maintaining a warmth and kindness with every resident I’ve observed him with. But he isn't the only one, my dear aunt wouldn't be so happy and content if each and every staff member who came in contact with her didn't do the same: from the activities directors who stimulate her brain, to the other nurses and caregivers who are unfailingly capable,patient, respectful and kind. The food is of high quality and tasty, but I've asked them to consider serving more finger foods that are easier for dementia residents to eat. I've often joined my aunt at lunch and have very nutritious meals served then. And the staff are very much on hand to help out.

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Have an awesome day!

November 07, 2015

By Donald S.

Oakland Heights Memory Care was OK. Their accommodations and activities were very good. The staff is very accommodating and very nice.

We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Thank you for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor. 1000 characters remaining

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Very Diverse group of people, good balance of female to male. Average is about 85. They love to watch movies, sing along, arts and crafts.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Book clubs, outings, religious gatherings, pet therapy.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a van. We provide rides to doctor appointments, shopping and luncheons.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Very passionate about quality of meals, great presentation and portions. Appetizing variety of dishes.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to assisted living residents?

Fully alarmed and monitored fire protection system. Fire Department very close by.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Accepts dogs and cats. There are no dedicated places for pets.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mostly Female, Very independent, Avg age is about 80, most spend time with family and friends, full participation in the dining and activities programs.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local restaurants, movies, museums.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights has organized?

Movie night out and the local theater, lunch at Jack London Square

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Full access to complete campus

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to independent living residents?

N/A

We are very pet friendly, there are no designated places for pets.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call. 4 day time 3 NOC

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights provide to protect residents who wander?

Not applicable

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential

Is Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Highland Hospital

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• State Licenses: #019200513

About Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, our beautiful and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in San Francisco Bay Area, Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offers a full spectrum of independent living, assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned in the Bay Area, a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Lobby:

Newly remodeled elegant and inviting lobby. Please come by today, we would love to meet you!

Bistro:

Our elegant and inviting Bistro, where residents enjoy reading daily periodicals and enjoy a cup of coffee and a fresh baked goody!

Sun room:

Our media and sun rooms where our residents can relax and enjoy the lovely view.

Bedroom:

Our spacious and inviting one bedroom apartment with sitting area and comfortable oversized chair.

Enjoy coffee or tea in your spacious newly remodeled one bedroom apartment!

Library:

Warm and inviting library and comfortable oversized chairs.

Exercise room:

Exercise room with state of the art machines and air conditioning. Enjoy working out and staying fit in style!

Movie theatre:

Movie theatre with daily entertainment. To see our movie selection, please review our monthly newsletter.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights