Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

March 18, 2016

By Catherine36

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. I thought the people were very nice and seemed supportive. The building facility seemed comfortable and had different places to walk around, like the courtyard. The residents seemed to be engaged in activities; I know they have different classes and group activities. I talked to a couple of people who had a lot of information to share.

Thanks for the feedback, Catherine. We strive to provide excellent care and customer service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

January 31, 2016

By Susan118922650

The people at Pacific were very helpful, encouraging, and understanding. They were willing to give us shorter term of stay because we didn’t want all of two weeks. The rooms available were pretty stark. The dining area was fine though.

Susan, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

December 30, 2015

By Craig23

Our top choice is Pacifica Senior Living. It’s affordably priced; it’s close to where I am and it has nice facilities. The staff seemed good and they had activities. There are a range of services: they have memory care, independent-living and they have very good assisted living. They all go to the same dining hall.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review.

December 15, 2015

By Katherine22

We have been impressed with Pacifica Senior Living. My mother-in-law is very happy, and she loves the food. They have a café, movies, exercise, and shopping trips. The rooms were spacious.

November 22, 2015

By Susan116636350

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. It was wonderful and seemed absolutely fabulous. I started to fantasize in my mind that I could afford it; then, I came down to reality and realized that my retirement would not be enough. They were very efficient and set up an appointment for me. There was a guy who called us and did a follow-up. They were great and really tried to make us feel so welcome. I wished I had a lot of money so I could go there. There were two bathrooms, one fitted-out for a disabled person. There weren't any stairs, so we would not have to walk up and down. There was a separate living quarters for independent living across the street from the facility. It was much nicer than it had to be and roomy. The buses were taking people here and there. There was a rose garden to sit in. Everybody was kind. The food and all-inclusive meals looked great.

Thank you for your review.

October 27, 2015

We did find respite care for my mother at Pacifica Oakland Heights. We just did a tryout, because they're the only one that allowed us three days. My mother stayed there for three days. The staff was wonderful. They were very open and receptive to hearing what we would like to see at our next day. However, I would like to see that medication management is better watched. Nevertheless, they were very open to us coming and seeing the place, and they worked with our schedule. Like I said, they're the only one that allows a long weekend for respite as opposed to a two-week or one-month stay as a respite.

Hi there, we are disappointed to see your low star review. We strive for 5 star positive reviews and would like to opportunity to speak with you & get some more details about your experience. We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us.

October 27, 2015

By Caring daughter29

My mother has been in Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights going on three weeks. It's an old building, but it looks nice and is secluded right in the city. It's independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing all in one. However, we had some problems with the service, i.e., giving medicine to her on time, and the food is horrible. The grounds are great, but they'll be better because they're undergoing a major remodeling. She has very nice, two connecting rooms. There was a couple of really good people and a couple that aren't very good on-staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

November 30, 2015

By F.S.

Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights was very nice. I liked the resident's apartment a lot. I thought the renovations they were doing there would really make it a much more inviting facility, and I liked the staff there that I met. I thought they were very pleasant, very attentive and informative. I thought the food was average. They had usual activities. They had crafts and fitness. They were renovating the place, so they were renovating the fitness room. They had their own in-house beauty salon. They had social activities and movies. They could improve on their food and the entrance lobby. I thought the rest of the place was quite nice, but the entrance lobby where you would go for the reception, I thought they should make that a nicer looking. They should look a little more luxurious and inviting. The facilities and apartments in the other building were very nice and impressive, but they needed nicer furniture and decor for the entrance on their reception area.

F.s., thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor. 1000 characters remaining

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Very Diverse group of people, good balance of female to male. Average is about 85. They love to watch movies, sing along, arts and crafts.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Book clubs, outings, religious gatherings, pet therapy.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a van. We provide rides to doctor appointments, shopping and luncheons.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Very passionate about quality of meals, great presentation and portions. Appetizing variety of dishes.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to assisted living residents?

Fully alarmed and monitored fire protection system. Fire Department very close by.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Accepts dogs and cats. There are no dedicated places for pets.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mostly Female, Very independent, Avg age is about 80, most spend time with family and friends, full participation in the dining and activities programs.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Local restaurants, movies, museums.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights has organized?

Movie night out and the local theater, lunch at Jack London Square

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Full access to complete campus

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to independent living residents?

N/A

We are very pet friendly, there are no designated places for pets.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call. 4 day time 3 NOC

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights provide to protect residents who wander?

Not applicable

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential

Is Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Highland Hospital

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• State Licenses: #019200513

About Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, our beautiful and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in San Francisco Bay Area, Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offers a full spectrum of independent living, assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned in the Bay Area, a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Lobby:

Newly remodeled elegant and inviting lobby. Please come by today, we would love to meet you!

Bistro:

Our elegant and inviting Bistro, where residents enjoy reading daily periodicals and enjoy a cup of coffee and a fresh baked goody!

Sun room:

Our media and sun rooms where our residents can relax and enjoy the lovely view.

Bedroom:

Our spacious and inviting one bedroom apartment with sitting area and comfortable oversized chair.

Enjoy coffee or tea in your spacious newly remodeled one bedroom apartment!

Library:

Warm and inviting library and comfortable oversized chairs.

Exercise room:

Exercise room with state of the art machines and air conditioning. Enjoy working out and staying fit in style!

Movie theatre:

Movie theatre with daily entertainment. To see our movie selection, please review our monthly newsletter.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights