Cypress Ridge Care Center

Reviews of Cypress Ridge Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Cypress Ridge Care Center

December 05, 2014

By Attie

Cypress Ridge has declined since being taken over by new management. I have observed that some patients regularly wait up to 30 minutes for help when using their "call" button & they are routinely dismissed by administrative staff if they question policy or practices. My relative had a painful & lingering ordeal in physical therapy with a brand new inexperienced assistant. He suffered from lack of nourishment as it seems to have gone un-noticed that he hadn't eaten much for several weeks. He was billed for physician-ordered services we can find no record of him ever receiving. At night, I have observed only one overseeing nurse with several assistants to care for up to 95 patients. My family member is a decorated WWII veteran, a true patriot. Every month the Cypress Ridge receives a very large check from the Veterans Administration to care for him. From what I have seen in my 30+ visits there, my loved one pays top dollar for a level of care he does not receive. There are no other local options for veterans and so, perhaps, no incentive for Cypress Ridge to strive for excellence. I am very concerned. The top Administrator at the facility keeps no set business hours, maintains a closed-door policy and is rarely visible on site. He appears to avoid contact with patients, family & staff. Cypress Ridge does not display his business card & staff discouraged me on more than one occasion from acquiring one. I have been told by a staff member that "the facility meets all minimum requirements established by CA & federal law." Please Note: many of the lower level staff members are clearly good, conscientious, hard working, kind & compassionate individuals. They appear stressed & overworked. One final note: I invited an Ombudsman (from an impartial non-profit oversight organization) to look in on my loved one last month, which did happen. As a result of the Ombudsman visit, a concerned staff member at Cypress Ridge approached our family to inform us that our loved one is now considered a "trouble maker".

January 20, 2014

By Kathleen15

My mother was at Cypress Ridge Care Center for a week. It was close to the hospital and it was recommended by her doctor. They're great. Everything was done really well and it was a very quick trip. They satisfied everything that I needed at that time.

June 06, 2009

By kgb

Because of my mother's inability to walk and her subsequent confinement to a wheelchair, taking her home to celebrate Thanksgiving last year was not an option and it would have been the first Thanksgiving we had not been able to share a meal together. By providing such a nice room all decked out with festive table settings in addition to a very delicious meal, they enabled us to sit down together and celebrate the day. Everyone there seemed to enjoy the opportunity to share a meal together and feel like part of a 'family'. I was thankful to all of the staff who cooked, set up the room, helped serve the food, and gave up a part of their Thanksgiving Day to do so. Special kudos to the Activities Director for her unflagging dedication to make these events a success and for her deep committment to the well-being of the residents.

May 28, 2009

By klynn

On behalf of my entire family, I was thankful for the loving care and medical assistance that was provided for my Uncle for the time he was there. They went the extra mile. My family personally witnessed the compassion, dignity and care he received from the staff. If I were a millionaire, I would make sure this facility was well taken care of. Though he was there for a short time, his family loved him being there. God Bless them for all they do.

Photos of Cypress Ridge Care Center

Services and Amenities of Cypress Ridge Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Cypress Ridge Care Center

The scenery doesn't get much better than the ocean view private and semi private rooms available to residents of Montery Pines. It's the perfect combination for those who wish to expereience expert medical care within a serene, peaceful atmosphere.Our emphasis is on rehabilitative nursing including the most complex medical treatments and our comprehensive therapy program features physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our rehabilitation program is geared to get you to your highest level of independence. Specialized skilled services include post-operative care, wound care, IV therapy, and hospice. The Monterey Pines energetic staff is dedicated to meeting the need of each resident.

Map of Cypress Ridge Care Center